Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:22 pm 

so guys --this new cool little thing came in today just for me - me- me. i was looking for some shirts at herooutdoors.com and i spotted this. only $40.00 bucks. i wanted something cheap to shoot in winter in garage when can,t use co2 anymore. right outta the box it shoots great . says for beginners or youth but it shoulders real comfortable. -- and it puts my lousy $75.00 browning buckmark (that i hate) to shame. it,s only 33" long. very light-- easy to cock and hits hard. things i don,t like are the trigger and the big hooded sight. and no way to put a red dot or scope on it. if i got creative i could rig something up. the color too is kind of an ugly purple. it,s polymer too. after i give it a nice paint job i,ll show some pics. for shooting in my little garage range it,s pretty good fun. michael from replica airguns has a video review on you tube of it. oh- and believe it or not i did get 2 shirts too.ha.

Attachments:
NSY1032__43038_1573835069.jpg
NSY1032__43038_1573835069.jpg [ 47.34 KiB | Viewed 1380 times ]

Last edited by pete on Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:28 pm 

If you want to mount a reddot, just get a clamp on barrel mount.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:51 pm 
Supporting Members

Correct me if im wrong, but if you remove the rear sight is there not a dovetail there?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:34 pm 

notec wrote:
Correct me if im wrong, but if you remove the rear sight is there not a dovetail there?

that was my first thought too. but i just test shot it for about 15 minutes and put it away. i may have to check that out tomorrow. if there is it would be just the right fit for something small. thanks notec.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:40 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
If you want to mount a reddot, just get a clamp on barrel mount.

thats an alternative i can try too. i,d like to rig something up back-- farther by the rear site if i can. thanks l.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:52 pm 

I think you sent me on a wild goose chase with the mod. k710. I did find a mod k760 which looks like the one in your picture... anyhow looks like a neat cheap rifle, and If the literature on Hero is correct, made in Italy!
Seems there is no dovetail for a scope. I took a screenshot from the Youtube review.
Perhaps a strew on dovetail rail can be found - I know I've had springers before that didn't have any dovetails machined on the receiver, but did have a screwed on rail. You just have to make sure the screws are just long enough to not poke into the cylinder and block/catch the piston.

Attachments:
k760.JPG
k760.JPG [ 31.36 KiB | Viewed 1354 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:26 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
I think you sent me on a wild goose chase with the mod. k710. I did find a mod k760 which looks like the one in your picture... anyhow looks like a neat cheap rifle, and If the literature on Hero is correct, made in Italy!
Seems there is no dovetail for a scope. I took a screenshot from the Youtube review.
Perhaps a strew on dovetail rail can be found - I know I've had springers before that didn't have any dovetails machined on the receiver, but did have a screwed on rail. You just have to make sure the screws are just long enough to not poke into the cylinder and block/catch the piston.

hey duke. ya that 710 was my mistake. i don,t know where i got that from. it is the k760 and made in italy. i should be able to rig something up if i need it. thanks. ya it,s a neat little gun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:13 pm 

Could JB weld or weld one of these on.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rifle-Steel-Rou ... SwgKhdTY1j

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:08 pm 

notec wrote:

i took the rear site off. there is no dovetail under it. just the two raised up screw ports. the screws are very small. if i could find a weaver base or dovetail base that i could fit onto those two screw holes nice and tight. i would be able to put a scope or dot sight on it. i would probably have to drill one or two holes in whatever base i use to line up with the screw holes on the gun. and different screws. the holes are 1"9/16 apart from center to center.

Attachments:
IMG_0830.jpg
IMG_0830.jpg [ 323.73 KiB | Viewed 1287 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:13 pm 

i painted it since the last time i was on here. that god awful purple color had to go. looks pretty sharp now. great little shooter too. i can,t put it down. double click for big pics.

Attachments:
NSY1032__43038_1573835069.jpg
NSY1032__43038_1573835069.jpg [ 47.34 KiB | Viewed 1284 times ]
IMG_0822.jpg
IMG_0822.jpg [ 318.97 KiB | Viewed 1284 times ]
IMG_0823.jpg
IMG_0823.jpg [ 321.07 KiB | Viewed 1284 times ]

Last edited by pete on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:16 pm 

pete wrote:
i painted it since the last time i was on here. that god awful purple color had to go. looks pretty sharp now. great little shooter too. i can,t put it down.

Attachments:
IMG_0824.jpg
IMG_0824.jpg [ 314.4 KiB | Viewed 1282 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:30 pm 

pete wrote:
notec wrote:

i took the rear site off. there is no dovetail under it. just the two raised up screw ports. the screws are very small. if i could find a weaver base or dovetail base that i could fit onto those two screw holes nice and tight. i would be able to put a scope or dot sight on it. i would probably have to drill one or two holes in whatever base i use to line up with the screw holes on the gun. and different screws. the holes are 1"9/16 apart from center to center.

Is that 39.6mm?

I know I just measured a 5 slot handguard rail and the holes were 39.6mm CTC. Downside it doesn't have a curved base.

Could try something like this..

https://www.amazon.ca/Hunting-Adjustabl ... 79de2d236f

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:58 pm 

ya l it;s 39.6 mm. i don,t think it will matter what kind of base. it will have to still sit on top of the 2 screw ports. whatever i can get on tight i,ll use. because i,ve got a couple of those reflex sights . and assorted adaptors for dovetail or weaver.are those reflex sights any good on a springer. this little thing doesn,t have very much of a twang kick so it should be ok i would think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 pm 

pete wrote:
ya l it;s 39.6 mm. i don,t think it will matter what kind of base. it will have to still sit on top of the 2 screw ports. whatever i can get on tight i,ll use. because i,ve got a couple of those reflex sights . and assorted adaptors for dovetail or weaver.are those reflex sights any good on a springer. this little thing doesn,t have very much of a twang kick so it should be ok i would think.

Yeah the 5 slot one may work. Drill out the holes a bit, for the base to sit over the humps, then washer and those screws to secure.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0768S ... UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I measured 39.6 CTC...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 pm 

pete wrote:
i painted it since the last time i was on here. that god awful purple color had to go. looks pretty sharp now. great little shooter too. i can,t put it down. double click for big pics.

Clear pictures, but where is the gun? kiddding, Very nice camo paint job!

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum