Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:15 am 

Hey guys! If your using a scuba tank and a cheap compressor to fill your air rifles: it's time to wake up! There is a much better way to fill your PCP air guns! This portable PCP compressor from Talon Tunes is as good as it gets! Hook it directly to your gun, and you can pump your air rifle or pistol to over 300 bar in just a minute. I'm not sure how I got through 3 years of PCP shooting without one of these. Must see video for any PCP shooter! Thanks for watching! -Nate

Attachment:
Captur.JPG
Captur.JPG [ 112.83 KiB | Viewed 996 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:31 pm 

Since the compressor post came across as marketing, I'm going to me more direct than usual.

I don't recommend buying these small compressors for the purpose of filling tanks, unless one has given it serious thought.

Those compressors are glacial to fill a SCUBA or SCBA tank, FWIW. Even filling a 21 cu inch bottle takes a long time.

If needing to fill guns, especially when the compressor needs to be transported to other locations, these little compressors are useful.

I don't own one and would not purchase one for my use, because they are so slow to fill.

A comparison:
Gx CS3 compressor fill time for 480 cc from 1,800 - 3,500 PSI requires 8.3 minutes and the CS3 manual states: "The duty cycle of the machine is 30 minutes run / 20 minutes cool."

By comparison: Yong Heng compressor fill time for 350 cc from 2,000 - 3,000 PSI requires 57 seconds. These are often operated continuously, mine for 30 minutes, routinely to fill my 66 cu ft SCBA tank from 3,000 - 4500 PSI.

Filling 88 cu ft SCBA tank from 3,000 - 4,000 PSI requires 20 minutes.

I'm 72 years old and can talk on the phone while hand pumping 350 cc Ninja bottle from 2,000 - 3,000 PIS in 2 minutes- 45 seconds so one can see why I'm not very impressed by the little compressors.

Webley Viscount .177
Crossman 1377 Classic Pump .177
Diana Stormrider2 .22
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite