Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Aselkon MX9 .25 test
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:48 pm 

Well off to the range today for testing. Forgot my bench rest so had to be a way-too-high chunk of wood
and that sucked. Uncomfortable and couldn't use my rear bag either. Did some shooting and chronographing
so I guess it wasn't all a waste. There was some wind but I ignored it.
So far the best performers - maybe, are the Benjamin 28gr. RN and the JSB 25.39.
JSB's average 874fps for 43.1fpe.
Benjammin av 834fps for 43.3 fpe The Benjammin spread from 836 to 829 with 4 duplicate speeds in 10 shots.
They also gave me the best accuracy - I think. LOL I expect to do better next time, with my own rests of correct height.
These targets were shot at 44 yards, the target holder is 1/2 yard or so behind the 40 meter silhouette rail.
I was expecting better accuracy, until I discovered my missing rest. It is in the truck now. I'll get out again this coming week.
I shot a bunch of different pellets. These were the most consistent. I do not know why the flyers - my shaky position or wind or both.
I also noticed my heart rate moving the crosshairs.

Attachments:
IMG_3024.JPG
IMG_3024.JPG [ 718.67 KiB | Viewed 1065 times ]
IMG_3029.JPG
IMG_3029.JPG [ 561.51 KiB | Viewed 1065 times ]

Post subject: Re: Aselkon MX9 .25 test
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:37 pm 

Hi Daryl, one fellow on YouTube said he was having trouble with his until he loosened the tightness of the shroud as it was causing harmonic problems. If you continue to have some problems I'd experiment with the shroud on it and even try it with the shroud removed to make sure it is not causing trouble. Just a thought that might be worth checking out.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:44 am 

Needs tweaking, but looks promising Daryl.
I'm looking forward to see what it will do with your normal rest and hopefully no wind.
Interesting info from wes about the shroud.
Makes me wonder about one of my current projects,
So I'll try with and without shroud, see what happens.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:35 pm 

From the start, I started tightening down the shroud, then when I attempted to loosen it for another test, I couldn't budge it. Well, I've re-loosened it in the shop and will
test this again. I put a strip of leather in the case along with the channel locks this time. :roll: More testing coming. Hopefully today, but time will tell.
I also thought of a shroud-less test, Wes. I will likely try that as well.
I think the 44 yard range is a good test distance. There is a loose target board I might be able to set (lean against a baffle) up at 50 - IIRC, there is one at 51 yards.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:46 pm 

It should be able to group well at 40 and 50 yards so that sounds like a good test Daryl, and taking the shroud off as well.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:51 pm 

Discovered my membership expired on the 30th Apr. LOL - no access through the gate.
Meeting tomorrow night and will re-join. I have to as I'm the General Handgun Director. :oops:
Saw the membership guy and he said he's re-new my card tonight, so I should be able to get
in tomorrow for testing, if the weather is OK. 30 to 40% chance for rain, all day, every hour.
Tuesday, mainly sunny. 20% chance of rain.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:00 pm 

Pretty happy. Just discovered that the long 26gr. Predator pellets fit in the AX9's magazine, as-do the 33.95gr. JSB Exacts.
I expect to do some shooting tomorrow after my gate card is re-activated. Meeting tonight.