Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm 

3 part review on new full auto BB gun from Barra by Dennis Adler. Said to copy the Glock 18, with similar internals to the Glock 17 gen 4.

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-experience/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:09 pm 

Parts 4 & 5 to the review now out.

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-experience/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:38 am 

Part 1 of review comparing Barra 009 with Umarex Glock 17 Gen 4;

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... n4-part-1/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:37 pm 

Nice
I wish it were a Glock licensed REPLICA of the 18 /18c, I would get right right away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:31 pm 

Tail Air Gunner wrote:
Nice
I wish it were a Glock licensed REPLICA of the 18 /18c, I would get right right away.

They make them in airsoft, but not 4.5mm.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm 

Last edited by Tail Air Gunner on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Tail Air Gunner wrote:
Nice

They make them in airsoft, but not 4.5mm.

I know, I tried to avoid buying airsoft guns, I do however bend once is a while and buy a few models of guns that I like.

I have four airsoft pistols... I am surprised at how accurate they shoot..better then some of my Steel BB's

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:32 pm 

They say the Barra 009 is a very close replica of the Glock BB gun. Supposedly uses the the same magazine as the Glock 17 Gen 4 BB pistol.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:20 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
They say the Barra 009 is a very close replica of the Glock BB gun. Supposedly uses the the same magazine as the Glock 17 Gen 4 BB pistol.

\

Hmmmm good to know, I have two of those mags

I'll wait and see the rest of the review, how does it shoot... You thinking of getting one BB1SHOOTER?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:43 pm 

Tail Air Gunner wrote:
BB1Shooter wrote:

\

I'll wait and see the rest of the review, how does it shoot... You thinking of getting one BB1SHOOTER?

I don't know for BB1SHOOTER, but I am at 90% getting one it would be my first full aute hand gun...

SilentMan :drinkers:

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:03 pm 

silentman wrote:
Tail Air Gunner wrote:
BB1Shooter wrote:

\

I don't know for BB1SHOOTER, but I am at 90% getting one it would be my first full aute hand gun...

SilentMan :drinkers:

You will enjoy it for sure.
Its a great way to blow C02 real fast lol. I have a few auto pistols, they are fun for awhile, but after blasting through C02 super fast..I tend to shot them on semi auto now.

I hope Umarex will get rid of the Glock 17 Gen 3 ( Gen 4 Is great ) ,and instead make a Glock 18, with a stock would be great. I'd buy that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:22 pm 

Yes, the Barra 009 is on my to buy list. Since I have the Glock 17 Gen 4 & a spare mag. it may save a little, as not need to buy a spare mage for it.

I also hear that Barra will be coming out with an extended mag. for it, that hopefully can be used in the Glock 17 Gen 4.

The shoulder stock would also be a great idea. I have seen ones for a real Glock, but they are expensive & not sure they would fit.

I have been using my full auto Beretta 92A1 a bit over the last while. Must say it's a blast to shoot, but to better have a firm grip on it as the blowback is real heavy, esp. in full-auto.

Like most full auto bb guns. You certainly "blast" thru a lot of CO2 & BB's.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Yes, the Barra 009 is on my to buy list. Since I have the Glock 17 Gen 4 & a spare mag. it may save a little, as not need to buy a spare mage for it.

I also hear that Barra will be coming out with an extended mag. for it, that hopefully can be used in the Glock 17 Gen 4.

The shoulder stock would also be a great idea. I have seen ones for a real Glock, but they are expensive & not sure they would fit.

I have been using my full auto Beretta 92A1 a bit over the last while. Must say it's a blast to shoot, but to better have a firm grip on it as the blowback is real heavy, esp. in full-auto.

Like most full auto bb guns. You certainly "blast" thru a lot of CO2 & BB's.

Yes sir, but they are fun.
I keep most of my Full auto shooting for my Three Machine Guns, The WW2 German MP-40 / Panther Arms DPMS and the Uzi.

I saw someone put a forward grip on the Beretta M91 A1,
So I tried it , and it greatly improved accuracy and muzzle lift

( This is not me, but a photo form the net )

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/ncstar-ar ... ase-button

I use this one,
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/compatibl ... tical-grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAWlmRNxmrM

Here is the video

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:01 pm 

TAG, that another good idea. I was thinking a stock would help with the stability, but never occurred to me to put a grip on. I have a couple of extra basic ones.

I may try it. But have gotten better with practice, just holding firmly with 2 hands.

Though, the additional grip makes it difficult to put it in a holster.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:59 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
TAG, that another good idea. I was thinking a stock would help with the stability, but never occurred to me to put a grip on. I have a couple of extra basic ones.

I may try it. But have gotten better with practice, just holding firmly with 2 hands.

Though, the additional grip makes it difficult to put it in a holster.

Me too, it never occurred to me, then I saw this guy doing it.
The reality is that the Beretta 93r was full auto and had a front grip ..I had forgotten that