Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How far would you estimate the the foam seat to be from the paper targets? (4th picture down)
60 yards 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
65 yards 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
70yards 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
75yards 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
80yards 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:55 pm 

I finally managed to get out and do some long range shooting with my S410, what a great day it was; warm, no wind, perfect........I really just played with my S410; getting it setup, and finding out where it was hitting........Unless specified otherwise all were shot in standard FT shooting position, 5-shots each, at FT (open PCP) velocity <20FPE

That string is 150ft/50yds......

I'm guessing this to be about 65-70yds out, the 50yd string ends just past that hydro pole........

A few of the toys I brought out.....

Air Arms Diabolo H. @ 35yds, sitting, arms rested on table.......I pulled one to the left real bad

Huge disappointment here, these are Air Arms (JSB) Diabolo Heavies.....they are great out to 30-40yds, but no comparison to H&N barracuda match pellets after that distance, through my gun anyway, weird :|
8-shot @ 65yds......

H&N Baracuda Match @ 65yds, group 1.........

Group 2..........

Group 3........

Predator Polymags @ 65yds..........Nice to know :twisted:

Best grouping of the day @ 65yds w/H&N Baracuda Match.....starting to look like I may make a pellet change, for this gun anyway...........One off to the right, my fault not the gun/pellets......

What a Condor does to 1" plywood from at +35yds ......."what plywood?" :lol: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:54 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
What a Condor does to 1" plywood from at +35yds ......."what plywood?" :lol: :twisted:

For some strange reason that's exactlly what happens to my backstops after using the Condor ! Looks like a nice shooting spot you got there Joel. Nice pictures!

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:00 pm 

FWIW.... it is impossible to judge distances from photos because the focal length of the lens totally changes the perspective.... A telephoto compresses distances while a wide angle expands them.... If you were using a 35mm film camera with a 50mm lense, you would be approximating the human eye.... otherwise, all bets are off.... and all distance estimates would be just a guess....

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:13 pm 

rsterne wrote:
FWIW.... it is impossible to judge distances from photos because the focal length of the lens totally changes the perspective.... A telephoto compresses distances while a wide angle expands them.... If you were using a 35mm film camera with a 50mm lense, you would be approximating the human eye.... otherwise, all bets are off.... and all distance estimates would be just a guess....

Bob

Yeah it does seem distorted, I guess ill just have to measure it........my Dad has a scope with a rangefinder built into it, I'll borrow that........or heck, just through it on the S410 :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:10 pm 

Some nice shootin' Joel. 8)
It's interesting how some pellets will work remarkably well - to a point - and beyond that point, accuracy becomes more of a "pattern" than a group.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:51 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Nice shooting.. 8)
Stock up on what works for the shooter... :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:26 pm 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Nice shooting.. 8)
Stock up on what works for the shooter... :wink:

Suprmatic wrote:
Some nice shootin' Joel. 8)
It's interesting how some pellets will work remarkably well - to a point - and beyond that point, accuracy becomes more of a "pattern" than a group.

Thanks guys, it was a beautiful day for shooting, felt great to get out.....

It's a good thing I noticed this now as I was about to place a pellet order...........It is interesting to see this, I had been shooting the heavies all winter at 10yds and they make 1-hole groups all day if I do my part, out to about 35yds they do very good as well, then they just seem to open right up..........I will have to test the H&N's in the 10-55yd range, maybe lighter JSB's as well, I just can't see the lighter ones being any better at longer range......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 pm 

rough guess based on the length of a pick-nick table.

66yards.