Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:42 am 

Hey everybody!

Well Ive come across some competition shooting that i need advice on purchasing a pistol for. The rules are simple:

Must be a pistol
Must be a multi shot gun
Only open, or reflex sights are allowed.
Must shoot lead ball or pellet. (i prefer a pellet)

I have had a couple suggestions ranging from the crosman 327 to the Walther cp88 comp.

What are your thoughts?

Walther PPQ
Walther CP99 compact
Daisy 5502 combat
Crosman 795 (first rifle)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:10 am 

First of all, What Competition Shooting?
ISSF ...10 meter Pistol..none multi shot..eg.. Morini CM 162 EI or Steyr LP 10E; .177 cal and about ca$2000 dollars PCP.
http://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Pistols/Pardini/
Top of the blood line Pardini...ca$1500 dollars..single shot.

ISSF has a five shot class..10meters..AirPistol
http://www.targetshooting.ca/reframeriz ... ?classid=6

Hope you got "Deep Pockets".

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 am 

topic53670.html?hilit=drulov
Pretty close to same question. Read down for answer and some pics.

A Drulov was for sale not that long ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:03 am 

We'll I should have mentioned that it doesn't follow any for lam rules just the ones that I have mentioned. Most guys are showing up with s&w revolvers, cp88s ect

Walther PPQ
Walther CP99 compact
Daisy 5502 combat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:38 am 

Never heard of this group. Is it local (Edmonton)? Is it open to new participants?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:54 am 

When you stated, some competition shooting, jumped at quality build and real accuracy.
like a 10 meter, 5 shot repeater of Olympic Competition.
On youtube..Crosman 357/CROSMAN VIGILANTE...speed average at 400 f/s and rested, shoots 1 1/2 inch groups at 30ft.ca$73.00 at D&L.

Walther cp88 comp. speed 350 f/s and rested, shoots 1 1/2 inch groups at 20 ft. Price D&L ca$93.00

Desert Eagle - Magnum Research Pellet Pistol .. average speed 387 f/s ..most sites say it is accurate as a action blow-back pistol. Price ca$ 188 at SSSO

These information is just from research and not personal experience. Fact do not own any Action Replica Air guns.

Arsenal..
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Never heard of this group. Is it local (Edmonton)? Is it open to new participants?

Yes, its at stormbringer on the south side. They do it every second saturday. I havent competed yet because i dont have a accurate repeater pistol. But i would like to

Walther PPQ
Walther CP99 compact
Daisy 5502 combat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:50 pm 

Quote:
Walther cp88 comp. speed 350 f/s and rested, shoots 1 1/2 inch groups at 20 ft. Price D&L ca$93.00

93$???? the one i saw at D&L Airgun was 229$

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:53 am 

The quote of ca$93 dollars was for the WALTHER CP99 COMPACT
Sorry for the mistake!

That is why it was research..and the reason is that, do not intend to ever invest in any
Action type pistols.
Do not have even one.
Cannot even get the "Model Right".
Now if you want to read about Morini CM 162 EI, Steyr LP 10E or Steyr LP50.

Arsenal..
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:50 am 

Quote:
The quote of ca$93 dollars was for the WALTHER CP99 COMPACT
Sorry for the mistake!

That is why it was research..and the reason is that, do not intend to ever invest in any
Action type pistols.
Do not have even one.

the CP99 compact is a good plinker for can punching but horrible accuracy even at 15 feet.

Some other action pistol (replica), got verry good accuracy, love them! just think about the CP88, P30, Walther CP99, Smith & Wesson revolvers, Tanfoglio Witness... look nice, feels nice and shoot really good at 15-20 feet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:40 pm 

Hi,

I decided to have a go at the 10m rapid fire contest on UBC (http://ubccompetition.btck.co.uk/10mFiv ... olCriteria), so I got a Crosman 357 on sale. It's a good fun pistol for the 40 bucks or so that I paid, but I find the double action trigger very heavy for accurate shooting. For the current month I actually switched over to a BB gun since the full blowback action provides a half decent single action trigger (yes, I know I didn't score particularly well - stuff happens). I'd love to try one of the umarex pistols like the cp88 and see what they are like. The desert eagle also looks interesting as I assume the blow back cocks the hammer, even if it doesn't rotate the magazine.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:23 pm 

We are working on several different leagues, competitions, and shooting styles at Stormbringer Air-Gun Range and Supply. Currently it's all informal, with emphasis on having fun, building the air-gun community, and making competition highly accessible. As a rule you can find the results of the competitions and the guns used on Facebook.

If you're not sure what gun to use or buy, come down and either observe and talk to the competitors (community building), or pay $5.00 to rent your choice of range guns to compete with. Alternatively, you can come down, choose a recreational shooting package, and try several different guns at the "gun buffet" anytime.

So far we haven't seen any match guns or competitors with Olympic aspirations.

Here is what's going on competitively.

Benchrest Air-Rifle Shooting Competition: Feb 1, 2014 - March 31, 2014 http://www.air-guns-canada.com/winter-benchrest-air-rifle-challenge-competition/

Cold-15 Air-Rifle Competition - Every other Saturday @ 10:15 am - 11:30 am & Every other Tuesday 6:30 pm - 7:30. This is a drop-in competition open to anyone. $5.00 to complete, $5.00 more if you need a range gun to compete. Includes Everything you need to compete.

Tri-Pistol Challenge - Every other Saturday @ 10:15 am - 11:30 am & Every other Tuesday 6:30 pm - 7:30. This is a drop-in competition open to anyone. $5.00 to complete, $5.00 more if you need a range gun to compete. Includes Everything you need to compete.

Top Shot Challenge - Every Wednesday @ 7:30 pm. $10.00 to compete + CO2, pellets, and gun rental if needed.

Iron Plate Action Shooting - Every Thursday 7:45 - 9:00. $5.00 to compete + CO2, pellets, and gun rental if needed.

Check the calendar for events, specials, and details. http://www.air-guns-canada.com/calendar/

20% Discount Coupon- http://www.air-guns-canada.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Winter-Gun-Fun-Voucher-Expire-March-15-2014.pdf

Lots going on and a ton of gun fun to be had!