Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:57 pm 

Where can I find the sign in for the air pistol 10m e match?

Thanks

Jslo,

Texas/USA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:01 pm 

To what e match are you referring to here on the Canadian Airgun Forum?

:?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:07 pm 

I was told that the CAF hosted postal/ematches similar to the Airgun Arena matches.

Is this not the the case?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:12 pm 

Not that I am aware of...

:(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:44 am 

A few years back a former member, V76, started a series of monthly informal matches. Quite fun and challenging, and he was a great resource in sharing lots of collected training information for would-be air pistol competitors. Helped me a great deal. But Victor ran into some rather rude behavior from some members and one moderator and decided to leave. He had his posts deleted. It was a sad turn of events, but as by then we had become friends and exchanged a lot of email I understood his position. There's only so much a person can put up with. He gave the membership enough chances but they basically blew it, costing everyone here the best ongoing e-match CAF has had so far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:20 am 

Hi Jslo,

Welcome to the forum. What sort of level of match were you hoping to take part in? At the fairly serious end of things, there is a monthly online competition run at TargetShootingCanada:

http://targetshooting.ca/reframerize.cf ... esults.cfm

There are 40 and 60 shot categories in rifle and pistol, and some very strong entrants from around the world. The only problem with it is it seems to lack any sense of camaraderie - I'm not aware of any conversation that goes on amongst the competitors.

At the other end of the spectrum, there are a whole range of fun competitions run by UBC in the UK. They spread the competitions over (typically) 6 month seasons, with a month by month leaderboard. There's an associated forum, so you can get to know the people you're shooting against.

http://ubccompetition.btck.co.uk/

The 10m competition is a fairly standard 10m pistol event, and the Rifle challenge has options for 6 yards or 10m and iron sights or scoped. I don't think anyone is shooting it 10m offhand/open sights though, so not quite a full 10m rifle experience as yet. There is a benchrest rifle competition, and multiple 'action' style shooting events. Lots to choose from.

If none of that appeals to you, we could have another go at running an e-comp here. It's tough going though, we don't seem to have quite enough members with that interest to make it seem worthwhile. Perhaps we need to come up with a new format. :)

All the best,
Jim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:25 am 

Well that sux. Sad to hear that once again, I have seen the enemy and he is us.
Are you aware of any ematches that are active?

I used to shoot Airgun Arena some and it was pretty fun and a great way push yourself a little past what a normal practice session would yield.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:10 pm 

I remember shooting AG Arena and the competitor count was around 6-10 and there were guys from Great Britain and Canada with the majority being USA shooters. The talent was all over the place also w guys that were shooting 530-540 and guys like me that were feeling good in the high 400s+

With 5-10 shooters you can usually find a shooter or two that's in your skill class and work towards competing with the folks that are in your skill class.

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks for all,

Jonathan

Whitney, Texas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:20 pm 

Yes, agreed, if we could get 10 regular shooters we'd be having a great time, for sure.