Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:27 pm 

Hello,

In case anyone is looking for a target scoring app for their cell phone/tablet. I've been using TargetScan ISSF Pistol & Rifle (http://www.targetshootingapp.com/) for a few weeks and find it pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HFdcyrpstY

The Android doesn't have all the functionality of the Apple version, but it does what I want
- Add scores
- Keep track of training sessions
- Tells you the correction that should be applied

It's pretty simple to use, lay your target on something that make the holes clearly visible (I rest them on my computer screen) then take a picture...

I have only tested with 10M air pistol targets. To me, it was a $8 well spent.

Safe shooting :partyman:
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:31 pm 

I found the app scores best with wadcutters. BUT my Pardini despises wadcutters.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:39 pm 

That app looks good. I'm going to take a look at it. Another target scoring system that many use is On Target, which has a variety of features. You can download a free version to try it out. See http://www.ontargetshooting.com/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:17 am 

What "sold" me on this one is that you only point and shoot the camera (pun intended), as oppose to having to plot every single shot.

On a side note, you know your getting old when one starts two threads on the same subject, on the same forum... and don't remember it!

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:16 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
I found the app scores best with wadcutters. BUT my Pardini despises wadcutters.

Really? Mine is particularly fond of them. Always amazed at different experiences from one gun to the next, even when same make and model.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:11 pm 

Curious if this would work with 10m air pistol targets that have been scaled to 5m or 6m?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 pm 

Rick; I'm puzzled. Most of the tens of thousands of pellets I put through that Pardini K10 were wadcutters, and it grouped amazingly well with any of them, even the cheapest RWS Diabolo Basic. RWS Hobby were harder to feed but still grouped well - under 3mm centre to centre from a vise at 10 metres for groups of 20 or more. What's changed?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:22 pm 

jandrew wrote:
Curious if this would work with 10m air pistol targets that have been scaled to 5m or 6m?

It should, on the list of supported targets there is: CCT 5m Air Pistol (Canadian ISSF 10m Air Pistol target reduced for use at 5m)
http://www.targetshootingapp.com/wiki/S ... isciplines

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:59 pm 

sillymike wrote:
jandrew wrote:

It should, on the list of supported targets there is: CCT 5m Air Pistol (Canadian ISSF 10m Air Pistol target reduced for use at 5m)
http://www.targetshootingapp.com/wiki/S ... isciplines

Ah yes, but it seems the CCT 5m air pistol isn't in the android app (yet anyway). However, there is NSRA 6yd air pistol (air8) which should serve my home practice purposes well enough. I'll see about giving it a try on Monday.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:03 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
Rick; I'm puzzled. Most of the tens of thousands of pellets I put through that Pardini K10 were wadcutters, and it grouped amazingly well with any of them, even the cheapest RWS Diabolo Basic. RWS Hobby were harder to feed but still grouped well - under 3mm centre to centre from a vise at 10 metres for groups of 20 or more. What's changed?

You right Gerard. I was having a brain fart and the "Hangries" at the time. Maybe I should download the app on my new 8" Galaxy tablet. Be much easier to see then smaller screen of the iPhone 6.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22