Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 am 

just curious if any body makes there own shoot n see targets. I was just watching some you tube videos on how to do it. seems fairly easy. and probably a lot cheaper than store bought. if any body does -- is coloured printer paper good enough or would a little heavier paper be better. I was thinking of making some up. thanks.

Attachments:
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg [ 29.36 KiB | Viewed 2245 times ]
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg [ 11.89 KiB | Viewed 2245 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:56 pm 

well glad I didn't have to hire a secretary to answer all the replies. anyway I made a sample tester with what I had on hand. the pictures of the ones in my original post are images I found online. the ones in this post are the ones I just made today with what I had-- which was colored paper--scotch tape--and black kraft paint from dollarama that I painted on by hand with a tiny brush I had. tried them out from 18 feet with my trusty daisy red ryder that I keep out in the garage just for testing my ideas. seem to work pretty good. found out how to do from you tube. get colored paper --- cover it with tape--- paint over tape with black paint and instant shoot "n"see. feel free to copy -- I won,t sue yer asses.

Attachments:
Photo0285.jpg
Photo0285.jpg [ 677.5 KiB | Viewed 2151 times ]
Photo0284.jpg
Photo0284.jpg [ 702.19 KiB | Viewed 2151 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:55 pm 

So what you do for target circles? Although I would never miss (Sober) shooting at 11 X 8 sheet of paper. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:44 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
So what you do for target circles? Although I would never miss (Sober) shooting at 11 X 8 sheet of paper. LOL

lol. once you make a full 11x8 sheet you can section it off or cut it the way you wan;t. I usually get the little colored dot sticker packs from dollarama. theres like around 300 in one pack. but I think next time I make more I'll paint a center dot on it.

Attachments:
ANd9GcQ8ckW0c_KcJf5JpZaC5WpXeriZUHeT-jGQB-jcLFk0nPa1JOSF.jpg
ANd9GcQ8ckW0c_KcJf5JpZaC5WpXeriZUHeT-jGQB-jcLFk0nPa1JOSF.jpg [ 12.64 KiB | Viewed 2129 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 pm 

More the target area I would want to glow for lining up rifles. I miss the target area I would rather not see it anyways. :wink: Perhaps make a template paint the target when dry cover the scoring ring lines and then spray it black so the scoring rings do not get painted? Just saying as I am not sure. Just thinking out loud. I like the idea. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:26 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
More the target area I would want to glow for lining up rifles. I miss the target area I would rather not see it anyways. :wink: Perhaps make a template paint the target when dry cover the scoring ring lines and then spray it black so the scoring rings do not get painted? Just saying as I am not sure. Just thinking out loud. I like the idea. CHEERS!
exactly what I,ve got planned. the one I made was just to see if it was even gonna work. tomorrow when I get the right packing tape some more paint [maybe orange and black] and some masking tape I'll get a bit more fancy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 pm 

Cool. I will follow along. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:27 am 

heres one I finished and I made a couple stencils for next time. took a while and not that great but not bad. I;m like north korea the more I make the better they,ll get. in the spring when I can use spray paint it,ll go a lot faster I'll be able to make 5 or six at the same time. I'll take some more pics after I take a few shots at it out in the garage later. pain in the dam buttock resizing the pictures.

Attachments:
Photo0289.jpg
Photo0289.jpg [ 30.52 KiB | Viewed 2058 times ]
Photo0291.jpg
Photo0291.jpg [ 26.49 KiB | Viewed 2058 times ]
Photo0286.jpg
Photo0286.jpg [ 25.05 KiB | Viewed 2058 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:15 am 

voila.

Attachments:
Photo0294.jpg
Photo0294.jpg [ 28.12 KiB | Viewed 1924 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 am 

this varmint posing as a sheriff will be plugged full of holes with my colt bb gun. I'll shoot "n" you;ll see . maybe save him for my legends bb rifle.

Attachments:
Photo0298.jpg
Photo0298.jpg [ 25.3 KiB | Viewed 1882 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:22 pm 

Excellent work Pete. The cowboy is great.
I wonder why more people aren't doing this ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:17 pm 

thanks t. the plain black ones are pretty easy. i,m using cover stock colored paper. it,s a bit thicker than normal paper. the cowboy was a bit harder. i had to find the image cut it out then trace it onto my colored paper . tape over him and paint him black. so only the image is shoot:n:see. for now i,m just using dollar store paint with a brush. not that great for shoot "n" see but it works. spray paint will probably be better. ya i don.t know why theres not much interest. i figure these only cost about 7 cents each and a little bit of time. when i ventilate this guy i,ll put the pics up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:35 pm 

ok. here are a few I did today to show my crowd of 2 followers and 1 guy who sent me a pm once. don,t push to see guys --plenty of room. so the one with the 4 squares is 4 colored index cards from the dollar store. yellow-blue-red-and-green -shot with my beeman p17 at center sticker dots (5 shots each card.) at 19 ft. the 2 cowboys turned out great. the orange one is super bright. it,s just plain ole white printer paper. BUT for the orange I used a bright magic marker. finally the black and white one is simple white printer paper. my 63 year old eyes ain,t that great but I shot all these from approx. 19 ft. and I could see every shot perfect. the magic marker one was the best-- you can't really tell by my picture but it was super bright like a store bought one-- but painting with magic marker could probly get a little expensive. anyway now I know that just printer paper works fine.ok. that's it for today my arthritic hands and wrists kill me after using that p17. so please leave one at a time and no pushing. thank you.

Attachments:
Photo0302.jpg
Photo0302.jpg [ 21.88 KiB | Viewed 1830 times ]
Photo0304.jpg
Photo0304.jpg [ 21.73 KiB | Viewed 1830 times ]
Photo0306.jpg
Photo0306.jpg [ 25.1 KiB | Viewed 1830 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:07 pm 

The Cowboys look like fun and now you know they work so well you have lots of options for silhouettes. Animal shapes would probably be faster to make since they are less detailed.
Nice work Pete. It's always good to see target ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:03 pm 

Very well done Pete! Thanks for sharing your method :) At the price it costs to make those targets, the only limit is your imagination I guess. Much better than the limited choices of patterns and rather expensive price of the original Shoot'n'see. I've always liked shooting those, but they're quickly spent. I think I saw someone that also used waxed paper with water paint, but not sure about that, I'll have to try and see. My own P17 needs ''exercise'' LOL! Keep it up!