Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: BC Field Target
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:52 am 

Ok, here goes.
I need to know how many people in the Lower Mainland want FT. I have a meeting in the New Year at my gun club and I want to be able to present a firm number. I'm doing what I can, the rest is up to you.
The club is : http://www.missionrodandgun.com/default.htm

Post subject: Re: BC Field Target
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Sounds like opportunity is knocking folks... 8)
Way to go BCGunner...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:36 am 

Any of you guys even thinking about shooting some FT should get on board here. You'll be hooked after the first match! Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:01 pm 

Heads up guys.
I just had a long chat with the President of the gun club this morning and I have been invited to give a presentation about FT to the Executive Board the end of January. It was a great talk and I heard some genuine interest in FT from this gentleman. Now it's your turn, because if the numbers are not there, I will not follow up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:33 pm 

You may wish to throw the Island into the mix as it seems there are quite a few of us over here. Mainland and Island separate with 1 annual get together that alternates between Vancouver and Nanaimo mid summer perhaps.....

Just a thought.

cheers
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:15 am 

Island folk are always welcome to come over once we have everything setup for a shoot! I'm just trying to get a feel for us "locals" who are still interested in making something work, either a formal/club thing ( which is where I'm hoping things will go ) or a once every 6 months just for fun shoot em up. So far it's not looking too good for either one, but I'm holding out hope.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:55 am 

I'm registering interest, although as an Islander it would be occasional. I'd really like to see some FT at the VFGPA. We have a level section of ground to the left of the shotgun range which would be perfect for a permanent course.

-Grant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:47 am 

Go Guys! Go! A few of us need an excuse to head out for a road trip!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:02 am 

BCGunner wrote:
Island folk are always welcome to come over once we have everything setup for a shoot!

I'd love to, but in my case the cost would preclude more than maybe once a year. It's a couple hundred dollars for a quick weekend visit :)

cheers
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:36 pm 

ellodrith wrote:
BCGunner wrote:
Island folk are always welcome to come over once we have everything setup for a shoot!

I'd love to, but in my case the cost would preclude more than maybe once a year. It's a couple hundred dollars for a quick weekend visit :)

cheers
Jeff

It would not be hard to find enough Islander there was 8 of us on Sicker mountain yesterday .I had a unofficial FT course in my back yard 18 years ago never had a problem finding people that wanted to shoot...............

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:11 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

lauchlin wrote:
ellodrith wrote:
BCGunner wrote:

cheers
Jeff

It would not be hard to find enough Islander there was 8 of us on Sicker mountain yesterday .I had a unofficial FT course in my back yard 18 years ago never had a problem finding people that wanted to shoot...............

From the sounds of it you should be setting up an FT group on the Island and we would be travelling over there.. Seems to be a problem getting enough people interested here on the mainland. Though what was that line from the ball movie, Morris? Build it and they shall come. :wink: Be great to get together with the Islanders regularly. But, it's not just the cost that makes it difficult The bloody, time it takes to go the 51 miles from my place to Lauchlins is ridiculous. And I'll be long dead and gone before the isolationist Small island Nimby's on Galiano Island and the rest allow a bridge. Hell. They even have an group of 12 islands whose land use acts prevent any connecting bridges.
Quote taken fron the Colonist paper:
Residents of Gabriola Island will be asked in the new year if they support a bridge to Vancouver Island.
But the proposal has angered the Islands Trust -- the agency responsible for regulating land use on 12 of the Gulf Islands -- whose community plan prohibits bridges connecting member islands with each other, or their larger neighbour.
End quote
They don't want any bridges but they sure want us to keep subsidizing the cost of their interIsland ferries, which are all bigtime money losers.

Will be lookin forward to the HotTub parties and bed & breakfast at Brents place next year :P :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 am 

This is a 3 week heads up!!
So far I can say that there is myself and at least 2 others interested in FT in the Vancouver area. Come on people, I know you're out there, just post here so I have an idea of potential interested parties.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:32 am 

Just tell me when and where! :P

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Parents spend the first part of a child's life teaching him to walk and talk, and the rest of his childhood trying to get him to sit down and shut up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:04 pm 

2 week notice people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 pm 

It boils down to people showing up at EVENT 1 -even if it's 3 to 5 people, you wouldn't believe how CONTAGIOUS this sport IS. Get enough targets together to call it a match & GET THE BALL ROLLING.
If It's the same 3 people for several years I would be surprised, If there is an event to attend that's fun & inexpensive enough for a day out upon the blue planet, people willfully try to attend, add airguns for fun & see what happens.
I hope you guys at least try for the minimum & exceed it. At this point ANYTHING would be something MORE than NOTHING, so whatta ya got to LOSE Eh?
- Hoping it goes well, - PK