Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:51 am 

The date has been set for the next PFT match at Burlington, with Don as the the Match Director. The format for February 7th will be the same as the last match. The first round will be 24 shots with two shots at each of the twelve targets set up on six lanes and this time the second round will be two shots per target as well. So this match will consist of 48 shots total. The doors will open at 9:00AM and the match will start at 9:30AM.

So get those pistols sighted in for the 10 to 25 yard range and do your best to make it out to this event. If you are on the Canadian FT mailing list, you will receive an email of this announcement. If you are not on the list, you may post here or on the CAFTC forum that you will be attending and include what sight system you intend to use. Please tell me if you will be using open sights, scope or red dot. If enough shooters commit to attend, the possibility of three award categories does exist. Please respond as soon as you can, but try to respond at the latest by Tuesday evening on February 2nd.

Other details will follow as match details are firmed up.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:34 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

This will be a very welcomed event as there is too much time in between matches this time of the year...
Looking forward to meeting new folks, seeing familiar ones and kicking-off the 2010 FT season... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:54 pm 

Parker_101_ wrote:
This will be a very welcomed event as there is too much time in between matches this time of the year...
You can say that again! See you guys there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:35 pm 

I am sure people will start to realize this and it may or may not change their plans. It was pointed out to me that the date for the PFT match is on Super Bowl Sunday. This is the only date available before the April match Don has planned, so the date cannot be changed, only canceled. It will not be canceled unless numbers drop too low to justify holding a match.

The football game does not start until after supper and if someone left right after the match was over, they could easily be home by mid afternoon. So once you know, please let me know if you will attend.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:18 pm 

Personally i would rather be shooting then watch a football game.Bring on the pistol FT...

Beeman P17 with Tasco red dot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:42 am 

I will be there too. And that is a pleasure! :lol:

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:50 pm 

I'll be there... Email sent!...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:18 pm 

airguns
Football

ANY DAY :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:32 pm 

I Want to go but am having issues with my 1377, I posted a few details in the PFT link on the new CAFTC site- Time being an issue I'll not re-type it here. I'm crossing fingers to attend. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:20 am 

I'mPOWDERKEG wrote:
I Want to go but am having issues with my 1377, I posted a few details in the PFT link on the new CAFTC site- Time being an issue I'll not re-type it here. I'm crossing fingers to attend. :)

Don't miss the event if your gun is down! If you can't get the 1377 fixed you could shoot my HW40...you're just not allowed to beat me with it! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:37 pm 

Decent of you to offer, Pumpmaster - ( See everybody, That's the kind of folks you can expect in the dedicated & Fun-loving Bunch that get out for some friendly competition at these shoots.)
I'm kind of determined to continue PFT shoots with the " Behemoth" 1377 for the time being though, buddy, to the point that I,m gonna " Bite the Bullet " as it were, & drop the coin on a chrony sometime this weekend- to tweak the rig. I built it just to try PFT using a Walther match barrel, & 1377 pumper format because I felt it would be consistent like a Mini-HPA pistol under 500 fps should be.
I actually managed to score First in SCOPED division with it at the first Canadian PFT match EVER !!! (out of 3 of us :roll: )- so anyway, I want to give it a proper try over a few matches & work with it.
- Wish me luck :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:36 pm 

OOPS.

After picking up this rig today, setting it up, & a couple of tests, Luck is going to STILL be a consideration. I found that a pistol re-build is going to be needed to get it back to what it WAS doing at the first PFT shoot. I can see that seal replacement will be required for the pump arm AND the breech. What-up-whiddat ??
The numbers were CRAZY over 40 shots so i will try to post details later.
I posted a little detail about my visit to CHRONY today on the new C.A.F.T.C. site under the 7th.-Shoot header, cuz I said I would. Check it out if you're considering a CHRONY. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:09 pm 

Well, for any interested, I can't see how I lived without a Chrony - the info provided gave me what i needed to see what was up with my 1377 PFT rig - I'll TRY to keep my findings in a "nutshell"

When I first built this pistol I decided to use the flat-top piston kit - which comes with a pump piston & valve, both of which use black O-rings as seals.
I used a drop of SAE 30 non-detergent oil to lube the pump piston between the first & second PFT matches & experienced a significant power loss. I am now sure it was due to the oil. Everything else logically tested out to NOT be the source of the problem. I stripped & cleaned & re-set & re-tested this weekend & even swapped out(black) O-rings and the absolute BEST numbers I could get were averaging between 440-460 fps but it still varied THAT much over a 10 shot string. ( NOT consistent enough for PFT ) Especially considering I had it at a quite reliable 490+ fps ( according to 2 other peoples reliable Chronys ) for the first match, AND only had to pump 8 times.
So early this morning I decided to get Drastic, and test some things ... first i put a few through to find it the same (450 fps- iSH) then OVER pumped it to find the valve operating normally, easily dumping all air- over 500 fps, and then applied the tiniest titch of oil off a toothpick onto the pump seal and got an immediate drop to around 385 fps. :o

I figured Unless I could immediately find & acquire some "Oil- Resistant" O-Rings I was "Poo- Outta-Luck" so then decided to see what kind of numbers I could get if I slightly modified the original 1377 valve & pump piston.
I ended up tapping & plugging the bleed-hole, then testing, boring out the transfer port, bit by bit, & testing, porting the valve, & testing, until I got a decent fps read using those original parts.

Here are my last 2 shot strings

1) 10 pumps

2) 11 Pumps

Don't forget this is a 1377 pumper - my arms ache from the R&D, - Oh well, I'll bring it As -Is for the 7th O' Feb. match, AFTER sighting in at work this week & next, and TESTING at home ... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:40 am 

Two weeks away from the match date... If you're planning on attending, please notify (Mac) Tim..

Targets for this match will range from 10-25yards... Kill Zone sizes will be 1-1/2" or slightly larger... Scoring goes like this... 2 points if you can knock the target over with a shot through the Kill Zone.. 1 point if you hit the target but it is left standing and 0 for a complete miss...

Pistol Classes
Iron Sight
A) Sights will be limited to open sights, peep sights, non-magnification red dot, and non-magnification crosshair designs.

Scope
A) Scopes will be limited to 4 times zoom power. There will be no limits to reticule design.

If you've ever thought about giving Pistol FT a try, then here's your opportunity to partake in a fun event...

Examples of pistols that you may find in use at such a match...

Cheers!