Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:01 pm 

I guess it is April by now. We will have our monthly shoot on the 26 of April.

If the weather plays along we could have another BBQ.

Please let me know how many in your party, and we should have a nice BBQ.

Thanks guys.

Biagio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:21 pm 

So I guess it's me and Wayne, and maybe Kelly and Mauritz. One pack of Sausages will be enough for us. I hope some of you guys will be coming out, especially since we are going to have a BBQ.

See you guys then

Biagio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:31 pm 

I'll be there is Mike's going and picking me up. But no worries on the BBQ for me. No problem packing my own lunch. Hoping the great weather we had for February and March makes a come-back! As much fun as it was plinking from the shed, doing the informal HFT shoots is more of a challenge, really enjoyable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:53 pm 

Yup, I see no reason why I wouldn't be there. Got lots of pellets, and I will probably lose my mind if I don't get some shooting in. Work has been driving me insane.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:30 pm 

Hi Gerard, if it is ok, can you bring that BBQ of yours again? Mike if you or someone else bring some buns and ketchup or something in that line. Remember, if the rain is coming down on that Sunday morning, forget the BBQ, it will be way too wet to try and pull it off.

In any case hope to see you all you guys on the 26th. It will be an event to remember.

I do think we should bring our pistols, and have some PFT.

hope everyone can make it.

Biagio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:44 pm 

Sure, I'll make sure the BBQ is ready to go that morning. And bring my pistol again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:41 am 

At this point I am in. Nothing pressing as far as work goes. I am looking forward to it....

More to come....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:35 pm 

Yip I'm bringing as many guns as it will fit in my car. Springers, PCP's and pneumatics.

I'll be on the rifle range Monday, I have a couple of guns that need some exercise, if you know what I mean. I will be spending some time at the shed on the archery range as well.

I will be hunting this coming Sunday as well, maybe with my slingshot, rabbits on the farm are way too calm, they are not even a little afraid of people.

See you guys in 2 weeks, 1 day, and 22 hours

Biagio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:45 am 

Hi guys. I'd been counting on my daughter arriving home that weekend from university, but it turns out she's heading out of town on the 25th after dropping off her school stuff, nowhere near here on the Sunday. My wife's heading for a training shift at 7 that morning, part of the final phase of her RN training. And I don't really have any alternatives - can't burden my brothers as they're both extremely over-worked and need their weekend time. We've never done the babysitter thing.

So I'm wondering if bringing my almost 9-year-old son to Mission with us is a possibility? My guess is that liability concerns would prohibit children tagging along. Besides which he might just lose his mind with boredom. Seems this probably means I can't make it this month...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:57 pm 

I don't see any problems with that Gerard, I'm sure he is a nice little guy, he will soon learn how to shoot a pellet rifle.

B

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:26 pm 

Well if you think it'll be okay, I guess I can make sure he brings a couple of books. And he enjoys shooting my Pardini as a rifle though his style is rather odd; he holds it up close to his left eye while gripping right handed and the left under the cylinder like it's a little rifle. I think he's going to need a custom rifle at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:06 pm 

Unfortunately I won't be attending. More then likely moving back to Victoria. Which is good! Cost of two households, insurance, gas and food money, ferry fares are a bit too much! We had it all calculated, but I think the separation really got to both of us!

So I am just looking to slow down and do a part time job from now on! Wife's idea and who am I to argue with her! :oops:

So I will be coming in May and probably every Sunday to shoot with you fellas! All depends on my job. Hopefully weekends free!

I have also made a decision to clear out the garage of all my machine shop machines and tools and put it all in the garden shed(10x12) I built for Hayley 7 years ago. I have it wired for 110v 25amp service. Today I am moving the lighting and reinforcing the potting bench for the 400lb lathe/mill combo. Will post all that in a new thread.

But yeah, see you guys in May! Will have the Talon all tweaked for FT. Making a 28' clothesline style retractable target holder!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:12 pm 

Yeah, I think your son is a good age to have come out. I'll need to make sure I remove the baby seat in my car if Ed comes along again.

Rick, sorry to hear you're missing another one. We might have to come over to the island to visit and shoot at some point.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:32 pm 

Barfman wrote:
Yeah, I think your son is a good age to have come out. I'll need to make sure I remove the baby seat in my car if Ed comes along again.

Rick, sorry to hear you're missing another one. We might have to come over to the island to visit and shoot at some point.

The job was great doing one of a kind and prototype work, the supervisor was a troll!

I am sure I will be back every month, Hayley made special note of it in the budget, for $200 for "Shoosting Sunday's"!!!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:39 pm 

That's nice Rick, I love the Island. Beautiful place to live. Where are you moving to? My favorite place on the Island is Nanaimo.

I do have to say I'm very sorry, that you will be missing another day of air gun fun, and good luck.

Me on the other side thinks next weekend will be warm and sunny, perfect for a beautiful day of shooting, chating, BBQ and shooting.

I already can't wait. I've already selected the packets of Sausages for the grill.

Looking forward seeing all you guys.

Good luck and hopefully I see you all there.

Biagio