Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:15 pm 

I haven't decided yet weather to have a regular match or another combo match. Would people please chime- in and help make the decision. Also if we are going to continue to have medals the price will have to go up to $20, made $10 for the club after medal cost last match. Please give your opinion on both.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:42 pm 

Just a regular match and no medals - imho

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:31 pm 

Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:34 pm 

Don't mind what we shoot though It is good to mix things up a bit from time to time, any ideas for alternatives to the combo?
I would quite like to have a lane only with large hit zones each time so we all have a chance to clear at least one.
You know how cheap I am - no need for medals (nice though they were last time). Maybe have them once a season, twice perhaps?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:22 pm 

How about we do the medals at the combo matches and make those ones $20?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:54 pm 

Hi Chris,

Tried to PM you on the CAFTA site but Peter answered saying you were having problem with PM’s.

Anyway, $20 is okay. Will it be for only when we are having matches where medals are awarded or will it be the entry fee from now on? May I suggest that people should notify you if they are going to the matches and division they are shooting. This has to be prior to the deadline for ordering the medals. Doesn't make much sense ordering medals if too few show up. Less than three entries in a division – no medal.

What are your thoughts?

See you at the Nationals – Great gate prizes.

Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:18 pm 

I have been trying to get people to notify me but it doesn't seam to work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:38 pm 

Hi Chris. I was having the same issue and just went to medals with no dates. I bought so many first, second and third medals for the categories that usually show up. I bring a full set and only hand out those based on who shows up in each category. The rest can be used at the next match.

As for the fee, at the club I am at, it cost $20 for a day of shooting, even if there is no event and a person is just using the ranges as a guest. I have always thought that $20 for a day of shooting is a real bargain. Getting medals on top of that is the icing.

Just my way of looking at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:49 pm 

Yeah, it only costs $10 to shoot at HAHA as a guest. I figured people wouldn't mind the $20 if there were prizes / medals to be had, but I'm getting that people don't care about that as much as a cheap day of shooting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:11 pm 

I'm not fussed about medals I would like a combo match this time though. We missed that last one in May

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:00 pm 

Mac wrote:
Hi Chris. I was having the same issue and just went to medals with no dates. I bought so many first, second and third medals for the categories that usually show up. I bring a full set and only hand out those based on who shows up in each category. The rest can be used at the next match.

As for the fee, at the club I am at, it cost $20 for a day of shooting, even if there is no event and a person is just using the ranges as a guest. I have always thought that $20 for a day of shooting is a real bargain. Getting medals on top of that is the icing.

Tim, there's a problem with issuing left-over medals at a later match in that the medals are dated. Handing out medals with a previous date will make one feel like Marty Mcfly in 'Back to the future' :axe:

Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:57 pm 

Tony_M73 wrote:
Mac wrote:

Tim, there's a problem with issuing left-over medals at a later match in that the medals are dated. Handing out medals with a previous date will make one feel like Marty Mcfly in 'Back to the future' :axe:

Tony

He said he buys medals with no dates on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm 

Chris - what about an annual HAHA Championship event with dated medals?
If it is a one-off then maybe it could prompt a decent turnout for it with an exclusive number of prize medals up for grabs. Or you could double it up - say, the HAHA Spring Open and HAHA Fall Classic or something... We could be competing for a pair of medals across the two events.
Just a thought. Maybe more appealing than medals every time, cheaper and maybe makes them more coveted.
See you Saturday.
(Bring your chrony please - or Marc - cheers).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:32 am 

I'll be there if it's a regular match. Will need to know for sure before Saturday.
No medals, the $1000 prize money is fine hahaha.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:02 pm 

Regular match, if your supplying the prize we're all in. lol