Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:17 pm 

I took 7 pistols out the other day for a test fire range day. I was shooting predominantly from 20 feet away at a cardboard box target and a dual steel spinner. I won’t go into that many specifics on each one, but would like to use the following categories to break down my first impressions of the following blowback BB pistols:

Most Accurate

Most Disappointing

Most Fun

Most Surprising

Most Underwhelming

Most Liked

Most Disliked

--------------------------

Glock 17 Gen3

Springfield 1911

CZ 75 TAC

H&K VP9

Baba Yaga 1911

Glock 19X Gen5

Taurus PT92

1. Most Accurate: CZ 75 TAC – With its target gun pedigree, thin cycling blowback slide and 2.6lb overall weight, it wasn’t too surprising that this pistol shot so accurately. I was expecting more recoil due to the pistols heavy weight but in contrast, that weight actually mitigates a lot of recoil, allowing for better, continued and more precise target acquisition.

2. Most Disappointing: Baba Yaga 1911 – I only managed to shoot one mag with this pistol due to some magazine design grievances which were giving me issues I had not foreseen. Namely the CO2 aspect of the mag. The pistol shot accurately and the fiber optic sights were great while shooting in the midday sun.

3. Most Fun: Springfield 1911 – This pistol just simply makes you grin…the forceful blowback recoil it administers is fantastic. Although obviously not as loud…you’d swear you were shooting a .22lr pistol. The pistol shot reasonably accurately, once you learned to employ some recoil management discipline.

4. Most Surprising: Glock 17 - As my first time shooting a Glock type pistol, I was pleasantly surprised with its accuracy, powerful blowback and hard hitting BB punch. The longevity of the each CO2 was great too as I was averaging 4 mags per canister. I also really like the Umarex mag design on these as they are very easy to load both CO2 and BB’s.

5. Most Underwhelming: Taurus PT92 – Although being a convincing replica in both looks and feel, the PT92 left me unsatisfied. It shot quite low, and with minimal recoil from the blowback. Honestly, I was expecting more from the performance side of this pistol. The full auto feature sent BB’s streaming towards the target….but the fun is short lived as while doing so, you hear the CO2 quickly and progressively lose steam.

6. Most Liked: Glock 19X – This pistol as a whole, felt great in the hand, shot accurately and was easy and quick to reload both CO2 and BBs. It’s blowback recoil was satisfying and it seemed to fire an infinite amount of BBs before the canister depleted. I also like that my Glock 17 takes the same mag so I was able to pop the mag in either pistol while using the same canister.

7. Most Disliked: H&K VP9 – This result shocked me. I love H&K stuff, and this pistol has a great replica quality to it along with having a palm swell on the grip that is legitimately molded to the shape of the human hand. I felt the blowback recoil to be weak feeling and cheap sounding. The accuracy was poor as well, almost giving the appearance of shooting indiscriminately resulting in me not having the ability to lock onto a single target for any consistent repeated hits.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:28 pm 

I think my Tanfoglio Witness is my first replica pistol and the 2nd airgun in my collection?

I love these 1911 very much too~ very solid built and strong blows plus the crispy metal to metal hitting each sounds when the slide moves just a pleasure to shoot!

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:45 am 

Now that I'm knowing what I enjoy shooting the most, I'm actually shopping for another 1911 and may offload a couple pistols LoL!
I'm definitely going to give the VP9 another chance. I really want to like it, and I'm hoping some increased wind at the time of shooting it was to blame it's poor accuracy on. It's very comfortable in the hand, the trigger is better than both Glocks, and I really like the Umarex mag design the pistol uses.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:56 pm 

Great post for these 7 pistols. I usually shoot at the same distance so this review gives me an idea of the performance for each.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:15 am 

Glock19x on sale for 119 at Cabelas and free shipping if you spend over $150, if anyone is interested.