Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:17 pm 

I have a nice pair of speakers 12" woofers 4 ways from the 80's. There Accusound AS-480L they have circut breakers too. The cabinets them selves arn't MDF board but they are still great sounding speakers. I upgraded some off the caps and inside the speaker egg foam, 2 way binding post years ago. Have had them refoamed since too, from a company called Studio Lab.

Left speaker, left tweeter is shot but can't even tell. Easy to replace.

I bought them from back in the day from Magestic Sound Warehouse. When buying buying a pkg deals was a thing lol

Besides all that I want to sell them, I have a price of 150 but really not sure! That's with speaker stands too.

Any one have experience with audio? I know some but as far as selling old speakers, tough one..

If I had the room I would keep them

Any ideas would be grateful?

Thanks

Attachments:
Speaker 3.jpg
Speaker 3.jpg [ 176.33 KiB | Viewed 1499 times ]
Speakers 2.jpg
Speakers 2.jpg [ 243.08 KiB | Viewed 1499 times ]
20190319_103917_resized.jpg
20190319_103917_resized.jpg [ 234.96 KiB | Viewed 1499 times ]

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:51 pm 
Supporting Members

They would be more for a collector. I have a Mirage, Paradigm, Yamaha, Sony, Toshiba setup that cost me several thousand dollars about 20 years ago.......I would be lucky to get $100 for the whole setup now. But I built the system for sound quality. Something most of the modern speakers dont have.

There are several used electronic stores around my area, I watch them weekly for older stereo equipment from the 80s. They know me so well now I usually get a call from them :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:12 pm 

Wow! electronics are hard to sell these days your'e right! everything is changing. I down sized to a pair of Polk Audio bookshelves and a 10" sub.

So if this is the case I'm way overpriced, that might explain things lol

This is what i wanted to find out! Collectors exactly!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:18 pm 

I hang out here . Try an add who knows what could happen .
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/classifieds/all/

Good luck on your sale . Peter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:23 pm 

I recently sold a pair of 80s Paradigm 7's - they cost a pretty penny back in the day, don't remember how much but guessing upward of $400 1983 dollars. I got $200 for them, so your speakers are priced reasonably, just expect to wait a while before you get a serious buyer. Took me 4 months to sell mine. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:59 pm 

I’ve got a 7.1 surround system with all 90’s mirage omnipolar speakers... probably cost me $7000 for the speakers themselves. Soon after buying them manufacturers all went to the dinky surround setups to conserve space. Right then the price of larger floor speakers took a dive, nobody wanted the big ones any longer, even though their sound cannot be matched by the little modern speakers.

You’ll sell them eventually, they are serviceable, and I too think your price is reasonable. It’ll just take someone who appreciates the full spectrum of sound.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:28 pm 

fishguy wrote:
I’ve got a 7.1 surround system with all 90’s mirage omnipolar speakers... probably cost me $7000 for the speakers themselves. Soon after buying them manufacturers all went to the dinky surround setups to conserve space. Right then the price of larger floor speakers took a dive, nobody wanted the big ones any longer, even though their sound cannot be matched by the little modern speakers.

You’ll sell them eventually, they are serviceable, and I too think your price is reasonable. It’ll just take someone who appreciates the full spectrum of sound.

This is what I Thought has been happening. Thanks for chiming in guys!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:11 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Do you have a van?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:05 am 

big speakers were a hit back in the day now there a thing of the past
no one wants big bulky speakers, speaker technology has come a long way
you can get extremely good sound form small speakers now.... its crazy.... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:06 am 

Yeah.... Actually I just want to replace my 4.1 speakers for my computer which I have been used for more than 10 or 15 years for a pair of tiny ones or a small sound bar for some time... However they (Sound Blaster Cambridge EAX what blah blah... Don't remember exactly) are still working well...

BOSE just making impressive sounds from the palm size speakers....

So to the OP, actually it's not the matter to price the value of the old style speakers which makes great sound and had works put in... Just like a year ago, I dumped my 32 inch Sony Trinitron ( anyone still remember this name ?! The most expensive and advance TV series produced the greatest picture in that age...) TV which I moved to the basement and packed very well thinking I might use it again to recycle... It's really so hard to me to let it go... Memories with it but you have to let go...

The speakers might end up with priceless or value-less.... So sad to say so....

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe