Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Halloween Rant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:11 pm 

So I just got back from my fathers out of Province, and I forgot it was Halloween. So went to the store to grab some. They already removed the Halloween candy, and started to replace it with Christmas stuff at 6PM..

REALLY? It's not even over... Grumble Grumble.

Post subject: Re: Halloween Rant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:26 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
So I just got back from my fathers out of Province, and I forgot it was Halloween. So went to the store to grab some. They already removed the Halloween candy, and started to replace it with Christmas stuff at 6PM..

So true, its all about the fast marketing to sell us the next thing.

I am a Halloween NUT, and it's to the point where stores are at the STARTING line...waiting for the race pistol ( Airgun lol ) , and the last kid to come get candy, at the last house giving some away...
and then BANG!! Christmas, and then when Jesus pops out of the womb, its time for Boxing day... etc on and on to the next thing...as fast as they can

CZ-SP01
TTI Combat Master 2011
Desert Eagle x2
S.A.1911
Kimber 1911
M&P 40
Glock 17
Sig P365
Sig X5
Sig M17
Walther 99C
Tokarev
Wesson 715
Luger
Schofield x2
DPMS
MP-40
UZI
Diana 24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:34 pm 

Tail Air Gunner wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

So true, its all the marketing to sell us the next thing.

I am a Halloween NUT, and it's to the point where stores are at the STARTING line...waiting for race pistol, and the last kid to come get candy, and the last house giving some away...
and then BANG!! Christmas, and then when Jesus pops out of the womb, its time for Boxing day... etc . on and on to the next thing...as fast as they can

My biggest peeve is they shouldn't be allowed to put stuff up till after Nov 11th. I just came from McAdam NB and Gagetown NB, and they were putting or already had banners of fallen service members. Found a buddy of mine.

Also they were already selling poppies. Around here, I wouldn't be shocked to see Xmas banners Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:32 pm 

I hate Halloween i have my daughters pit and she is not liking the firework she want to sit on my lap and my 3 little dog are right behind her its going to be a long night

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:34 pm 

X3, the only holiday we celebrate anymore is Thanksgiving.

Duke ))))----//----------==

HW97K .22
Hatsan AT44-10W .22
Cometa Fusion Premiere Star .22 /.177

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:55 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
I hate Halloween i have my daughters pit and she is not liking the firework she want to sit on my lap and my 3 little dog are right behind her its going to be a long night

CBD oil. I started to use it for one of my pits, and my wife said she gave some to my dog. That got really anxious when I left. Calmed her down, till I got home.

But Halloween isn't that bad here. No body tricks or treats on my road. I'm mainly just cranky that I wasn't able to get candy for myself. I live kind of rural, so there are sleds, ATV, SXS and dirt bikes always bombing around the trails across the street and occasional gun shots.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:58 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

Agreed. Over here, some mayors of a few big cities even suggested LAST WEEK to start installing Christmas lights and decorations ''to help us regain some joy'' lost because of the C19 :roll: . Hey, can we at least live the present time?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:59 pm 

airmec wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

Agreed. Over here, some mayors of a few big cities even suggested LAST WEEK to start installing Christmas lights and decorations ''to help us regain some joy'' lost because of the C19 :roll: . Hey, can we at least live the present time?

Yeah Joy.. I've seen stuff up in August, and not talking about people that just never took down their lights. Just shows you how commercialized they made it.

Last edited by leadslinger on Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:01 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
airmec wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

:lol: . Cheers Robert!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:17 pm 

Got no cbd lots of Phoenix Tears going to put them all in motor home and take a drive up the Island they love the motor home lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:35 pm 

Halloween has been fun in our area. we have lots of family's . Our street has lots of houses involve in it. Super fun.. but creepy, none of that kiddy happy pumpkin crap, silly yellow do not cross tape!

For us it's ghoulish decor, fog machines, green and orange flood lights with horror film soundtrack blasting,corpses and creeps!
Most of the young kids are too scared to come to the house, parents have to coax them...
Me and the wife and a buddy dress up as creepy serial killers and wait near the entrance ...and we stand still.... the kids think we are Halloween decorations,
when they get to the first stair to come up to the door... boy to they JUMP when we move slightly... the teen Girls love it,..they scream and giggle... It's always fun and the parents always thank us!

but this year, nothing due to Covid!

CZ-SP01
TTI Combat Master 2011
Desert Eagle x2
S.A.1911
Kimber 1911
M&P 40
Glock 17
Sig P365
Sig X5
Sig M17
Walther 99C
Tokarev
Wesson 715
Luger
Schofield x2
DPMS
MP-40
UZI
Diana 24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:49 pm 

Great post!

Were I among the Christmas marketers this year, I'd be very cautious about following the same process (that has presumably worked for decades), simply because of Covid 19. The concept of starting early to provide joy and a more cheerful atmosphere for guarantees could, in fact, backfire and extend the type of depression that many people face because they can't, for one or another reason, meet the "expectations" of the holiday season. Suicide cases are very high in normal Christmas seasons, never mind in a year of high unemployment and already existing depression resulting from the pandemic.

We all need cheering up, that's for sure, but I'd like to suggest that everyone consider literally and vocally re-defining the terms for "joy, goodwill, and good cheer" this year, so everyone in your bubble understands and can easily meet what they might interpret as "expectations" for this season.

In the meantime, as I write, Halloween would just be underway in my world and time of TorTing. Oh, the candy we collected as youngsters; Oh, the tricks we played as teenagers. Mwaaaa Haaaa HaHaHa Mwa HaHaHa Ha Ha Ha (fade to deep, black, inconceivable horror) MeeeeWannnnnYoooouHaaaaaaa!

Have a great night folks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:11 am 

I have 2 little ones in the house, so years before, I started celebrating this day every year. It's fun actually on making the Jack-O-Lantern...

This year's Halloween was super quiet due to the covid thing. Toronto didn't have such a nice warm and dry Halloween night for years. It's a perfect night to go treat or trick... However....

And seeing the street there's only one lighted up Jack O'lantern on my door way, made me feel sad...

Cheers~ ImageImageImage

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:39 am 

YepYep wrote:
I have 2 little ones in the house, so years before, I started celebrating this day every year. It's fun actually on making the Jack-O-Lantern...

This year's Halloween was super quiet due to the covid thing. Toronto didn't have such a nice warm and dry Halloween night for years. It's a perfect night to go treat or trick... However....

And seeing the street there's only one lighted up Jack O'lantern on my door way, made me feel sad...

Cheers~ ImageImageImage

:lol:
Love the kitty!

Yup, Covid killed the Halloween for us too.

CZ-SP01
TTI Combat Master 2011
Desert Eagle x2
S.A.1911
Kimber 1911
M&P 40
Glock 17
Sig P365
Sig X5
Sig M17
Walther 99C
Tokarev
Wesson 715
Luger
Schofield x2
DPMS
MP-40
UZI
Diana 24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:22 am 

Almost no kids here normal here would be over 300 last night maybe 5 kids but more fireworks than i have ever heard from 7 pm till 230 am ....Hopefully better next year for the kids ............