Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: covid:(
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:11 pm 

Lost a good friend to Covid recently. He was only 52 and in good health. He used to run twice a week. He came down sick went into isolation and was dead in four days after testing positive . A family member found him in his apartment alone cold when they went to check on him because he was not answering his phone.He was supposed to attend his daughter's wedding in two weeks. The wedding was going to just be six people distanced , he was always safe.
Now when I see people not doing the right thing i am so angry ..
vent finished

Post subject: Re: covid:(
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:40 pm 

Sorry you lost a good friend. That is a difficult thing indeed. So sad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:42 pm 

I live just up the road and the privileged are lining up to get it. Landrovers and U S plates.
Glad I don,t go up the hill anymore :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:38 pm 

very sad.... :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 pm 

Sad, indeed. I'm sorry. The longer this goes on, the more "personal" it can get.

Please, think twice...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:53 pm 

I tested positive in November. I got it through work along with 12 others. I'm 55 with pre existing respiratory issues. (high risk according to experts). Luckily It wasn't any worse then the regular flu for me. Two coworkers that I know of were Hospitalized , One got sent home and required oxygen. The other one never came home.
I feel your pain my friend. Keep moving forward and don't live in fear.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:27 pm 

For the anti maskers/ anti vaxers.
People are breaking their hips, kids are ingesting poison, people are in wrecks, and people are having heart attacks.
Beds aren't available because others are inflicted with this virus.
Others are inflicted because this is the cause, of all the causes in the world, this is what you hitched your wagon to.
Congratuflatuations. You know who you are.
This doesn't need to happen.
I'm sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 pm 

X935r wrote:
For the anti maskers/ anti vaxers.
People are breaking their hips, kids are ingesting poison, people are in wrecks, and people are having heart attacks.
Beds aren't available because others are inflicted with this virus.
Others are inflicted because this is the cause, of all the causes in the world, this is what you hitched your wagon to.
Congratuflatuations. You know who you are.
This doesn't need to happen.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you have a link proving the hospitals are over run and there are no beds available ? Do you have links proving any of this ? Yes surgeries have been cancelled and a few people have died but let's see your numbers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:37 pm 

Sad to hear of your loss.

I think we need to realize that here is someone that was ‘safe’ and still lost his life.
Makes one wonder how well the measures actually work.
We have created a very fearful society that expects ‘others’ to keep them safe.
WAG’ing has been put over on us as science from those that have lied to us for years!
My brother had a heart attack in admissions and reports he had THE best care as multiples of doctors, interns and nurses who were bored out of their gorde were happy to have someone to
Look after! So I don’t buy the over capacity fear mongering one bit!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:26 pm 

Since we are the Centre of Northern Health here in BC, we get all the "serious" hospitalized covid cases.
The city alone has some 80,000 population and covers from Williams Lake to the Yukon. We have 24 I think,
covid cases in hospital from the entire region. Less serious cases, if needing hospitalization but not critical,
will be in local hospitals. I expect. There were a number of cases in Fort St. John amongst a single large family
from a gathering they had.
I feel there is a great deal of fear-generation going on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:02 pm 

Very sorry for your loss.
Thunder Bay district has about 68 current cases mostly due to a major outbreak in a Long Term Care Facility. 18 deaths in that one facility. Another twenty something cases arose from a bunch of people playing pickle ball. No deaths or hospitalisations from the ballers.
Currently, there are no covid patients in the Thunder Bay Health Sciences Centre. (local hospital serving northwestern Ontario)
My daughter is the General Manager of a LTC facility in southern Ontario. She moved some of her stuff into a vacant suite in the home in March, suspecting this pandemic would be nasty. She's still "living" there. It's paid off. There have been no infections in her home. She received her first vaccine shot yesterday. Dad can breathe a little easier now.

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:14 am 

"Now when I see people not doing the right thing i am so angry .."

I'm curious as to what is this 'right thing' people are supposed to do?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:07 am 

Sorry for your loss.
- In this part of the wood, the Covid "situation" seems to only be something you read about in the news.

-*-*-

Don't want to come across as a heartless-individualist but...
- Bad things happen to good people
- Medical errors kill an average of 25,000 Canadians each years
- Talking with friends in the medical field, the isolation measures is killing more people because of depression/suicide than Covid death :cry:

-*-*-

Can't wait for this to be over...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:26 am 

Quote:
I'm curious as to what is this 'right thing' people are supposed to do?

Follow the god damn rules and stop being so bloody selfish, that's what.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:30 am 

walther wrote:
Lost a good friend to Covid recently. He was only 52 and in good health. He used to run twice a week. He came down sick went into isolation and was dead in four days after testing positive . A family member found him in his apartment alone cold when they went to check on him because he was not answering his phone.He was supposed to attend his daughter's wedding in two weeks. The wedding was going to just be six people distanced , he was always safe.
Now when I see people not doing the right thing i am so angry ..
vent finished

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, this story needs to be told more often and to more people. Right now people see numbers, and numbers don't affect people individually until it's someone they know.

I get all these people that feel violated with the lockdown rules, or a mask rule, people hate being told what to do... We all hate it, but those people who don't seem to care, are being extremely selfish and stupid, shut your mouth, wear a mask, social distance, and stop fu*king gathering in groups. Like sucks, get over yourself people. (those who flout the rules)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next