Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Gun cabinet on sale!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:17 pm 

Just bought one of these "10" gun cabinets for half price! Here is a link if you ever thought of getting one, they are half price right now! :D

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5 ... ?locale=en

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:55 am 

My Dad bought that cabinet about a year ago, also half price at the time. Seems like not a bad deal. Decent lock with a crisp feel to it. Does the job, can't go wrong for $99

Feinwerkbau 700
Daisy 853c

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:43 pm 

How hard would it be to put shelves in that thing? I'd like to put all my pistols in the same place but my rifle safe and rifle cabinet are both pretty full (as well as a hard case or two and a few soft ones and others scatered around the house... I have a very patient and understanding wife).

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 am 

got mine this morning seem's ok for the price good for four scoped rifles but my black powder will not fit so sit on the side so does the benji with the mussel brake. the shelf is small good for tin's and my two webly's
thanks for the info 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 am 

DocGadget wrote:
How hard would it be to put shelves in that thing?

Doc, it comes with one shelf and it would not be hard to add others at all! You could drill thru the cabinet and add as many as you wanted! There is a smaller pistol version at CDN Tire which stacks on top of this one too!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:48 am 

I have that one, I bought it when it was last on sale.

I suppose you could put more shelves in it if you wanted to. I use it to store my rifles, long pistols and ammo in. I keep my pistols in separate locked gun cases.

Here's a couple of tips; I have a battery operated LED puck light stuck inside for light plus magnetic hooks to hang my packages of pellets on.

Does anybody else have gun safe tips to share?

FYI: I have my gun safe in my bedroom and no I'm not married. If I was it would be tucked away in some discrete spot in my house....and that Jeep door wouldn't be in my dining room :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 am 

I already have one of those cabinet, I call it the airgun purgatory, it's in the basement and I leave the rifles I don't like down there.
I have a large gun safe that sits in the bedroom and I am married (well not really married but we've been together for over 15 years so it's pretty much the same), my problem is the MANY pistols I have, all the CO2 action pistols (8 or 10) are in a long hard rifle case, all the other pistols are in separate cases (as they often came in one (around 10 of those too)) plus the 2240 and 2289's. I would like to have them all in ONE space but I would need either a small cabinet wil a LOT of small shelves or a larger one with less but larger shelves but I don't know where I could put it... When the kids move out I'll have some more rooms for my hobbies but they're 4 and 8 so it's not for at least another 10 to 15 years, but it's OK, they can stay here as long as they want, I'd rather have them around than every airgun in the world.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:28 pm 

Doc, come on they are only 4 and 8! Get rid of them now you can't be that attached to them? Well maybe the 8 year old but come on, get your priorities straight! :P :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:58 pm 

REPOOC wrote:
Doc, come on they are only 4 and 8! Get rid of them now you can't be that attached to them? Well maybe the 8 year old but come on, get your priorities straight! :P :lol: :lol:

Wanna buy them? Make me an offer? It's summer here today and they hate some chocolate for dessert, they're jumoing up and down everywhere. How does a buck each sound to you? No? How about I pay you to take them away?