Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:31 pm 

I have visited many websites for Canada yet I can not find BB and Co2 for Berrita Elite II??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 pm 

Br125 wrote:
I have visited many websites for Canada yet I can not find BB and Co2 for Berrita Elite II??

Any CO2 and BB's will fit the Beretta Elite II, Wal-Mart/Canadian Tire/Sporting goods store/Hunting stores etc.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

DocGadget wrote:
Br125 wrote:

Any CO2 and BB's will fit the Beretta Elite II, Wal-Mart/Canadian Tire/Sporting goods store/Hunting stores etc.

X2
Recommend Daisy BB's though. I would stay away from the Crosman copperhead BB unless that is all you can get.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 pm 

Thank you for your time.

Canadian Tire doesn't have steel BB, Walmart sells only the gun, and have been to all the on-line stores.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:10 pm 

Just whers do you live?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 pm 

Fredrickton, NB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:46 am 

seems its just copper here too
walcrap stopped carrying the daisy steel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 am 

"Any CO2 and BB's will fit the Beretta Elite II, Wal-Mart/Canadian Tire/Sporting goods store/Hunting stores etc."

Now, its instruction asks for steel BB; Can I use the lead ones or the ones coated in zinc?

Another thing I need help in understanding: When I find steel BB, at .177, but none are 5.5g...

I do appreciate your time, really do.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 am 

Br125 wrote:
"Any CO2 and BB's will fit the Beretta Elite II, Wal-Mart/Canadian Tire/Sporting goods store/Hunting stores etc."

Now, its instruction asks for steel BB; Can I use the lead ones or the ones coated in zinc?

Another thing I need help in understanding: When I find steel BB, at .177, but none are 5.5g...

I do appreciate your time, really do.

Lead ones might deform, they're not made to be used in mags like the one in the EliteII as Scruffie mentionned steer clear of the copper plated ones but ZINC coated ones are perfect and exactly what you're looking for.
.177 = 4.5mm / .22 = 5.5mm
5.5gr might refer to the weight in grains as steel BB's usually are in that weight range.
Here's airgun source BB selection:
http://www.airgunsource.com/store/index.php?c=325
but you shouldn't have a problem finding those big 6000 counts of BB's from Daisy or Beeman for around 10$ in big chain stores.
Do you have PrincessAuto close by?
http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8433997/Ammunition/Ammo-BBs-6%2C000-CT

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:37 pm 

Thank you DocGadget, I will order the one at airgunsource, as I have it below (Your link).

Umarex Precision Steel BB's - 1500ct
225-2549
In Stock!
.177 calibre BB's
4.5mm
1500 count
Precision grade steel

But, I am still not sure about it, and this is the reason why:

I have seen some steel BB's advertised just like this one without indicating the grain, and some others give different grains for the same caliber and metal. I am not sure about the grain of this, actually I couldn't find what grain my gun needs either!

And, I can only find Crosman Co2...

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:44 pm 

Weight/grains are not important in BBs, quality of the BBs is important! It isn't a match pellet rifle!
Your over thinking this! Load up, and go have fun! Don't shoot anything metal, cause steel/zinc BB's will bounce back!

Put a drop Pell Oil on your C02 when you install them!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm 

rrdstarr ...you are annoyed with me...!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:07 pm 

Br125 wrote:
Fredrickton, NB

Some Home Hardware stores stock Daisy BB's and CO2. I remember that in north end Fredericton there's a small hunting goods store that sells pellets, maybe they sell BB's & CO2 too. They're called Fredericton Outfitters & Anglers.
http://www.frederictonoutfitters.com/contact-us/

If you get a chance to visit Moncton sometime Princess Auto sells BB's.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:11 pm 

Br125 wrote:
rrdstarr ...you are annoyed with me...!

I think this is your first air gun of any sort and your being extra cautious. No Problem! But just follow what the manual says. CO2 and BBs are generic. Doesn't matter what you buy they are all the pretty much the same.

Go buy some, have fun!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
Weight/grains are not important in BBs, quality of the BBs is important! It isn't a match pellet rifle!
Your over thinking this! Load up, and go have fun! Don't shoot anything metal, cause steel/zinc BB's will bounce back!

Put a drop Pell Oil on your C02 when you install them!

X2 I think you're over thinking this. Nothing wrong with this and no one is getting annoyed by you (if they are they're just skipping the thread as should be done).
Any 4.5mm or .177 (same thing) metal BB's will do. We're telling you to not buy the Crosman copper plated ones not because they won't fit or fire but because they're cheap and not as well made as the zinc plated ones. BB's are plated so they won't corrode/rust.
Like rrdstarr said don't shoot anything hard or the BB's will come back at you, ever heard "you'll shoot your eye out", that's what BB gun will do if you not careful. Safety glasses wouldn't hurt either, eyes don't grow back.
Any 12gram CO2 will fit in your gun.
Put CO2 in the gun, fill the mag with BB's, shoot until empty, repeat. That's all there is to it.
Empty soda cans were made to be shot at with BB guns.