Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:58 pm 

Some things I noticed after finally getting around to flip through it:

First of all, the pics are in color. There is lots of the airgun stuff left out in the last issue.

There are no Daisy's. There are very few Umarex's, just Walther. Mostly Crosman's all-brand lineup with the Benjamin pistols, and Gamo's. The popular 1377, 2240, 2289, and Quests are still the same lowest price around.

Gamo .22 pellets have come down in price, Gamo .177 pellets have gone up in price. Crosman Premier boxed pellets aren't in the cat. They had other pellets in the store that aren't in the cat, so the cat isn't exhaustive. Powerlets have gone up in price, enough that they cost as much or more than CT even.

Overall, browsing the other gun-related stuff, many prices are the same as or lower than last year, a good sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:03 pm 

i wish a lebaron store would open up nearer to me :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:11 pm 

Me too... WAH!! Wholesale Sports sucks, they never have anything in stock... :evil: :evil: :x :evil: :evil: :x :evil: :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :x :x :cry: :roll: :roll:

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:04 pm 

At LeBaron it is always best to check what they have in stock too, before going. Since there isn't really any store quite like them for gun stuff in the areas where their stores are (I don't know about the Montreal area store), they can be pretty busy and they sell a lot of stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:38 pm 

did they drop the desert eagle?
it use to be on pg 69 Air Pistols,Targets - Walther, Crosman [p.69]
http://lebaron.ca/pdf_fall_06_07/outdoor/walther.pdf

I remember seeing it where th crosman 1088 kit appears now.

Lebarons has some great prices though!!! lucky to have them close by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:22 pm 

Nope, no DE in the cat. My experience with LeBaron is if it's not in the cat they won't stock it. There are exceptions with smaller items, like pellets, but generally that is true. You know how when you go to the gun shop they typically ask you to point to the item in the cat...

I don't know what it is with Walther-branded Umarex stuff, I suspect they are still distributed by Crosman, why they're in the cat. Most places that have Crosman seem to have Walther too. There are stories about Crosman severing its relationship with Umarex, I don't know the facts...