Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Cheapest CO2!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 pm 

Just found a hell of a deal on the 40 pack of cartridges on Amazon.ca!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0015NB ... UTF8&psc=1

That's under 51 cents each! Order $25 worth of stuff, and get free shipping??? Just ordered a 40 pack for myself, and added on some extras to get free shipping.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

Post subject: Re: Cheapest CO2!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 pm 

This is a good deal, I've not seen them at this price at Amazon Canada before. Buy two or more and the free shipping will be a super deal for our non-Vancouverite friends.

Barfman, I notice your location is Vancouver. Did you know that Maria of ICO Trading (posts here as camacho8218) can arrange a local pickup? It will be even cheaper than these cartridges from Amazon. She announced a price drop recently, so the 200- and 300-pack orders are very attractively priced now if you want to do a local pickup.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:15 pm 

gctkaz wrote:
This is a good deal, I've not seen them at this price at Amazon Canada before. Buy two or more and the free shipping will be a super deal for our non-Vancouverite friends.

Barfman, I notice your location is Vancouver. Did you know that Maria of ICO Trading (posts here as camacho8218) can arrange a local pickup? It will be even cheaper than these cartridges from Amazon. She announced a price drop recently, so the 200- and 300-pack orders are very attractively priced now if you want to do a local pickup.

Wow, that's good to know! I'd be potentially interested in maybe a 100 pack at some point. I just can't get out enough to shoot for more than that to make sense. Even this 40 pack could last me for years.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:58 pm 

Barfman wrote:
gctkaz wrote:

Wow, that's good to know! I'd be potentially interested in maybe a 100 pack at some point. I just can't get out enough to shoot for more than that to make sense. Even this 40 pack could last me for years.

ICO's pricing for 100 is $45.00 + 5.04 (tax) = $50.04 if you pick them up yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:30 pm 

Nice find. It comes to $0.58 after tax.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 am 

I believe scopes and ammo has bulk [purchase for 0.48 per cartridge.

I will try to find the thread where the link was posted. And they aren't the seal hurting bottle cap Crosman style.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 am 

Found it.

see Eric's post near the bottom of page 8.

these are what I will be ordering specifically for my Walther levers to avoid ripping the rings and 48 cents each in bulk pre-shipping isn't bad I don't think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:54 am 

What's this about "seal hurting bottle cap Crosman style"?

The Crosman carts I have don't look any different than any other. That being said I just had to send back my 1 month old PX4 because it was leaking and all it's had is Crosman CO2.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:03 am 

In the Walther lever action guns that use 2x12 gram cartridges the seal is made on the neck of the cart with a ring (not on the tip of the cart with as seal. So the Crosman carts that have the "bottle cap' version of the cart closer causes a ridge on the neck of the cart. This ridge damages the ring in the Co2 manifold. SO the other style cartridges which have a smooth neck are better for this method of sealing the cartridge to the gun.

Not sure how your gun seals the cartridge but if it seal on the tip then this would not necessarily be an issue. If it seals on the neck then perhaps.

Hope this helps.

Crosman bottle cap version

Attachment:
crosman co2.jpg
crosman co2.jpg [ 2.44 KiB | Viewed 2106 times ]

Daisy smooth neck type

Attachment:
daisy co2.png
daisy co2.png [ 22.12 KiB | Viewed 2106 times ]

Damaged ring

Attachment:
fubar ring.jpg
fubar ring.jpg [ 12.8 KiB | Viewed 2106 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:42 am 

your 100% correct Murray the Walther lever action guns that use 2x12 do not like the "bottle cap' version CO2 cartridges.
all others should be no issue unless its an O-ring style set up like the Walther lever action and I haven't come across any other guns with this style seal setup. I've also heard of issues with the bottle cap style CO2's sticking/jamming in the 2240 valve :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:08 pm 

Ace wrote:
your 100% correct Murray the Walther lever action guns that use 2x12 do not like the "bottle cap' version CO2 cartridges.
all others should be no issue unless its an O-ring style set up like the Walther lever action and I haven't come across any other guns with this style seal setup. I've also heard of issues with the bottle cap style CO2's sticking/jamming in the 2240 valve :wink:

Oh, so I'm not the only one with a wrecked 2240 seal? Hahahaha. That's what got me started on my 2240 mod adventure.

I wrecked my own by screwing on the cap too tight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:59 pm 

Barfman wrote:
I wrecked my own by screwing on the cap too tight.

hard to resist a set up lien like this but..... I will......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:56 pm 

You have to factor in bulk co2 shipping. It makes a material difference in the final price per cart. I highly doubt it will be less than 0.58 but if you need that style of co2 then you gotta use them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 pm 

I would have to ship from Maria as well and factor that in the aforementioned great price if you are local to her out there... good for locals for sure

However yes I need to use those smooth necked babies for the Walther and the Amazon deal they started this doesn't really help me for those either... so I will get those from Eric.

All that being said I may still get some Amazon Crosman's just for the other guns and something else to get over the 25 free shipping line.....Just need to find some money now......

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:10 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
I would have to ship from Maria as well and factor that in the aforementioned great price if you are local to her out there... good for locals for sure

However yes I need to use those smooth necked babies for the Walther and the Amazon deal they started this doesn't really help me for those either... so I will get those from Eric.

All that being said I may still get some Amazon Crosman's just for the other guns and something else to get over the 25 free shipping line.....Just need to find some money now......

I suspect that the good ol' days are gone for cheap carts...at least out here in the flatlands. tried Amazon and they won't ship here....and Maria's cost for 100 carts is 60$ plus 34$ shipping and a bit of tax.

If anyone else has a source that's lower than about a buck a cart I'd love to hear about it.p