Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: wal-mart sale.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:00 am 

hey all. if anyone likes Crossman pellets or co2s. 500 pellets are on for $10.00 and a 15 box of Crossman co2s are $10.00. i wen;t to 3 stores but they didn't have any .177s. but they had .22s premier hollowpoint. the woman said they are not going to sell any of it anymore. guns or accessories.

Post subject: Re: wal-mart sale.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:02 am 

Walmart is getting out of the business of selling guns???
That's un-American.

Wait, maybe only Walmart Canada is getting out of the business.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:06 am 
SureShot wrote:
Walmart is getting out of the business of selling guns???
That's un-American.

Wait, maybe only Walmart Canada is getting out of the business.

They might. They don't do much sales. Only time people went to walmart was to get 22LR being that they were way cheaper. I know I used to buy a brick of Win555 for under 25$ and a brick of Dynapoints for 26. Where CT be selling the 555 for 56$. Now I noticed the prices went up to 36$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:49 am 

I know of a nearby store in Quebec, a depanneur, where I can buy beer, wine, smokes, fireworks and firearms. 8)
The only thing they don't sell is pickled eggs & hotdogs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:57 am 
SureShot wrote:
I know of a nearby store in Quebec, a depanneur, where I can buy beer, wine, smokes, fireworks and firearms. 8)
The only thing they don't sell is pickled eggs & hotdogs.

There is a store in Ontario like that. Snacks, smokes, guns, Gas everything except beer/wine. Ontario you cannot buy beer and hard liquor in the same place. ( Seperate stores )
We got a store in the Valley that's like that but same no beer/wine. Cannot buy beer/wine outside a NSLC.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:44 pm 

I should take some pictures next time I down that way... But in Gaspésie (Qc) there are a number of convenience store where you can buy guns/ammo/alcohol/snacks

As far as Walmart is concerned, they're simply trying to maximize their revenue per square feet of retail space... If the stuff is not selling, they'll dump it.

It most cases, the decision is made at the store level.

Or, maybe they're just going to a different suppliers. Seems like every few years they keep on switching back between Winchester/Federal ammunition...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:20 pm 

two of the stores I wen;t to had a .22 Crossman phantom ; black with silver barrel for $75.00. or does it just look silver on the box. I didn't really give it much attention.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:32 am 

I have a Crosman Phantom and I love it. It's one of my "go to air rifles" and find it a tack driver at 20 yards. Normally I prefer to shoot with a scope but not the Phantom.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:01 am 

SureShot wrote:
I have a Crosman Phantom and I love it. It's one of my "go to air rifles" and find it a tack driver at 20 yards. Normally I prefer to shoot with a scope but not the Phantom.

Mine too.Quite happy with my Walmart Phantom .22.I boosted the fps an extra hundred for a little more distance.Surprisingly accurate at 25 yards.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 am 

SureShot wrote:

x2 on all that.
x2 is the number of Phantoms in my collection (same model, still different, both a treat to shoot)

walmart.ca still is active but barely. Bought the last of the Ruger Airhawks from them last year. Still shows the $99 price but 'out of stock' since. They don't seem to be in a hurry to get more. Great price on this new gun with a scope and free delivery. However they sell the Crosman M4-177 for nearly $120. Makes sense? They also stopped offering free delivery on smaller items. Had purchased some Umarex BBs from them and got it for the best price anywhere and free delivery.

Not sure what to make of walmart other than they don't seem to have the appetite to be into airguns.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:51 pm 

I picked up two more Phantoms at the Waterloo Walmart along with 3 tins of hollow point pellets. $75 for the guns and $10 for the pellets. My oldest son has a Phantom and it has been a very good gun for him. It looks like Wal-mart is getting out of pellet guns.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:06 am 
I might drop into Walmart and see if the sale is here.

If they have a phantom for 75$, I can easily bump up the FPS and be easier to use for hunting than my Benji.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:24 am 

I just ran over again this morning to one of the walmarts here in st. Catharines and bought another box of co2s [15] and a tin of .22 pellets [500]. ten bucks each .there was a couple phantoms left. I was contemplating buying one; but I'd really like to save and eventually get a hw30s instead.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:31 am 
pete wrote:
I just ran over again this morning to one of the walmarts here in st. Catharines and bought another box of co2s [15] and a tin of .22 pellets [500]. ten bucks each .there was a couple phantoms left. I was contemplating buying one; but I'd really like to save and eventually get a hw30s instead.

I checked out walmarts in my Area nadda. Sold out everywheres. :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:05 pm 

I bought the last Phantom at the Waterloo Wal-mart today. I sold the two I bought yesterday to friends so I picked up another for myself. Not sure if I will leave it stock or mod it.