Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Gun Cabinet
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:04 pm 

On sale for $99.99 @ Canadian Tire, regular $189.99.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/stack ... 5676p.html

Anyone know if this is a good deal?

Post subject: Re: Gun Cabinet
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:17 pm 

I’ve got that cabinet. It’s ok quality, the walls are thinner gauge metal than the more expensive cabinets. The small shelf at the top is really too small to hold much of anything. For $99 it’s a decent price if you’re not expecting a true safe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:25 pm 

I also got it last time it was on sale. Same review as fishguy. Top shelf holds nothing but pellet tins for me. Ive knocked the 40x box of co2 off the shelf enough times I no longer store them in there. Also, longer rifles don't fit under the shelf, and if you have rifles with scopes on both sides, it begins to be a bit of a juggling match. Also, as a safe it's useless if you don't bolt it down... Light enough to pick up and carry off.
I have 4 rifles, they fit, on a budget it's a fine cabinet. I'd buy it again if I had to. Can't go wrong st that price.

Requires assembly. Was easy enough if you follow the instructions.

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:51 pm 

Quote:
Top shelf holds nothing but pellet tins for me. Ive knocked the 40x box of co2 off the shelf enough times I no longer store them in there..

install the shelf upside down and you'll have a ledge around it.
one can then hang S-hooks to dangle pistols by the trigger guard.
the door can be hung with a left side hinge if one is ok with the logo upside down and close to the floor.

i've got two and they're bolted to each other. a rented suite negates lag bolting them to a wall stud.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:13 pm 

Carpenter84 wrote:
I also got it last time it was on sale. Same review as fishguy. Top shelf holds nothing but pellet tins for me. Ive knocked the 40x box of co2 off the shelf enough times I no longer store them in there. Also, longer rifles don't fit under the shelf, and if you have rifles with scopes on both sides, it begins to be a bit of a juggling match. Also, as a safe it's useless if you don't bolt it down... Light enough to pick up and carry off.
I have 4 rifles, they fit, on a budget it's a fine cabinet. I'd buy it again if I had to. Can't go wrong st that price.

Requires assembly. Was easy enough if you follow the instructions.

I just removed the shelf. I figured that out when trying to put a Pattern 14, or a Mosin 91/30 in them. All my pellets are either ontop of my filing cabinet or in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:22 pm 

All good ideas.

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles