Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:22 am 

Hi Guys! Great deal today on Ebay, 15% off rifle scopes and other sporting goods using the coupon code PERFECTGAME
For those unfamiliar, if you want to buy several items, you need to add items to your cart, then when finished shopping, go to your cart, go to checkout add the coupon code and then finalize the purchase and pay. If you make the mistake of trying to use the coupon more than once you'll be disappointed, so make sure you've got everything before checking out.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 pm 

Another 15% sale today! PICKUPSALE is the coupon for EBay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:55 pm 

Does EBay pick up the cost of the discount or does each seller get dinged?
I have a few things for sale on Ebay and with eBay and paypal charges I doubt I have 15% to spare.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:36 pm 

EBay pays the discount fortunately. You won't even see someone used the discount.
Regards,
Wes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:54 pm 

Thanks for clarifying Wes, I was worried for a minute.
My wife made use of it.
But, there were 3 items in her cart, 2 from Canadian sellers and one from a US seller; at checkout the coupon code was applied to the Canadian order but the US one did not get processed, and when she tried to checkout it wouldn't take the code saying it had already been used. Doh! Heads up ppl.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:34 pm 

Just a word of caution when selling on eBay...

I’ve been (had been) an eBayer for over 10 years until recently. I was a victim of their policy twice and will never use eBay to sell again...

As a seller you are st the mercy of the buyer. I sold two separate items to people in the US. The recent one was held up due to the postal strike, the previous one was held up in customs. Both out of my hands, and each time the buyer was advised of the hold up. eBay has a 10 day policy stating the buyer should receive the item within 10 days of it being shipped, even into the US. This is ludicrous, weather, customs, anything can cause a slight delay not fault of the seller. Each time after 10 days the buyer filed a claim stating they didn’t receive their item and eBay immediately debited my PayPal account the cost of the item, no chance to argue. Then, the item arrived 4 days afterwards, now the buyer has the item and my money. Tried requesting seller protection from both eBay and PayPal, PayPal won’t touch it as it’s an eBay matter. Escalated each time with eBay to a manager and was advised that as the item arrived outside their arbitrary shipping time of 10 days I was out of luck and they would not help in any way. Both times the buyers refused to respond to further requests for payment of an item received. Seller beware... eBay and PayPal do not have your back and anyone can take advantage of you if they’re aware of this loophole.