Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:41 am 

Not on their website, but 500 count .177 7gr. Pellets $4.99. Bought two tins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:58 am 

Roussfam wrote:

They are garbage. Bought 10 tins and they are not even worth shooting. Head size is very inconsistent. Some fall through the barrel, some fit perfect and some you have to jam in because they are so tight they get stuck. Tons of fliers and makes it not even fun to shoot. Save money and buy the Grizzly 8.6 wadcutters (or pointed if that's your thing) for a few dollars more. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:29 pm 

Did a search for reviews. Not a lot out there but people either hated them or loved them, no in between. At a cent a pellet, I’ll give them a shot (pardon the pun). Don’t need match grade for what I shoot. Thanks for the heads up though, if I find they are bad as you say, I’ll give them to my Grandson.

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:51 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Roussfam wrote:

They are garbage. Bought 10 tins and they are not even worth shooting. Head size is very inconsistent. Some fall through the barrel, some fit perfect and some you have to jam in because they are so tight they get stuck. Tons of fliers and makes it not even fun to shoot. Save money and buy the Grizzly 8.6 wadcutters (or pointed if that's your thing) for a few dollars more. CHEERS!

Yeah the Grizzly 8.3 were not too bad of a pellet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:02 am 

Ok, you convinced me. I brought them back and picked up two 500 packs of Daisy .177 Wadcutters next door at Cabela’s for $4.79 each

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:28 pm 

I shot a lot of Daisy Waddcutters in the past. They shoot well and if Amazon still had the 500 packs in plastic cases on the cheap I would likely still be shooting them. Two packs of 500 I would shoot off any givin week. If I had a store by me for that price I would be buying 20 tins at least. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:34 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Roussfam wrote:

This is my experience as well. I picked up a cheap tin of these at the local PA a couple of days ago to go along with a sweet little Slavia 618 for my youngest son's Christmas present (thanks again Lauchlin). They are terrible. Tons of the skirts have an extra lead "flap" left on them. The heads on a bunch have what looks like a visible seam (are they made in a 2 sided mould?), and they are just generally inconsistent. Some have a tough time fitting into the breech at all. At the sale price I thought they would be a great chance to pick up a bunch of cheap ammo for backyard plinking with my son, but we did some really basic comparisons with some Crosman pointed pellets and the Crosman seemed way more accurate. Not a scientific test by any means - two poor shooters in the cold with a small number of pellets - but with the many visible flaws in the Swiss Arms pellets and the poor way they shot, I wouldn't recommend them at any price. I would rather pay a decent price for a pellet that will hit what I aim at.