Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:46 pm 

Since i couldn't pass up the 1377 on sale at PA I was forced to do something with it.
The "fat" pump handle makes pumping so much easier... it's a highly recommended mod - I wonderd what th fuss was about but now i know. I like 'em big, I like 'em chunky, etc.
A coat of paint/polish and it'll be done. One thing I haven't yet resolved is a steady scope rail, the one I made (modded from Thingiverse) is a 2 part thing that grips the barrel tight, but can rotate side-side so it's totally useless. I could make a long version that would also hug the tube tight, that may work.
Enjoy...

Attachments:
Side 1377 Carbine.jpg
Side 1377 Carbine.jpg [ 179.41 KiB | Viewed 478 times ]
1377 Perspective Carbine.jpg
1377 Perspective Carbine.jpg [ 152.4 KiB | Viewed 478 times ]
1377 Front Carbine.jpg
1377 Front Carbine.jpg [ 126.31 KiB | Viewed 478 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:49 pm 

Very unique, I like.

Artemis CR600W .177
Diana Stormrider .177
Seneca Dragonfly MK2 .177

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:24 pm 

Some really nice additions to your 1377 carbine. Enjoy!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:30 pm 

Did some more work on it.
This is it for now. Over the chrony, 495 fps with 7.7 gr pellets, 10 pumps - as good as it gets for power, no power mods whatsoever. Shoulders nicely, scope rail epoxied on-it's solid now.

Attachments:
1377 Carbine Feb 24.jpg
1377 Carbine Feb 24.jpg [ 152.76 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:36 pm 

Cool stock, Duke.
As far as epoxy, I put an adjustable rear sight from a model 88 Mauser on my 1322, decades ago, maybe 6 of those - lol.
Windage and elevation adjustments. I used the steel filled JB Weld, then dovetailed on a bead front sight. Then, I soldered a Williams screw in peep sight
onto the rear sight, giving me an aperture rear sight. Buncha years ago I gave it to someone in NS or NB, here on the forum for the price of the postage.
All fun and games. IIRC, the postage was $14.00, so the person sent a $10.oo bill with 2 tooneys. I received the 'letter' in an additional plastic bag, & 1/3rd of the envelope
had been ripped off. The plastic bag was marked "AS RECEIVED IN PG". The tooneys were missing - they were 'recognizable' I can only assume. More out of curiosity than anything
else, I looked inside the envelope & there was a folded up 10 dollar bill. Go figure.