Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:29 pm 

This a post I've thought about doing for a while but Plinkercases's recent post "I am spineless....... anyone else?" got me motivated. I find the buying / selling process quite fun and like trying out new (new to me at least) guns so turning over airguns is also fun. Amongst these ones that have gone onto new owners there might only be 2 or 3 that I had any second thoughts about. It also helps that I really, really enjoy my current collection.

So here goes! :D

I found this 953 on Craigslist in Toronto. It was the first air rifle I bought as an adult and got me back into the shooting sports after many years away. So I guess in some ways it actually led to all the air gun madness that has followed!!!

Walther cp88 competition, nickel

Shakespeare Acro 1- 22 cal. , all metal (yes even the grip!) Made in Canada!!

Alphaproj pistol, bulk fill or 12g Co2, :? maybe some mild regret on this one but I think selling it helped me pay for one of my awesome Weihrauch rifle so there's that! :D

Baikal MP-654K Makarov , fun little BB shooter, this one hit hard!!

Croman 101, the second one I bought but the first one I sold.
Beretta Px4 Storm, one of my first air pistols

Benjamin Classic .22, this was one had been "Bubba'ed", but I was able to do a trade (yes, I did the full disclosure, photos and all) with a long standing CAF member for a very nice Gamo G 1200 pump action rifle.

Crosman Cr99,Great hard hitting .22 rifle this one passed through the hands of several (many?) CAF members, crossing Canada more than once I believe!

Crosman M1 Carbine , I liked the custom paint job the previous owner had given it.

Drulov DU 10 Eagle .177 , Awesome true semi auto , very accurate target gun, I shoot left handed and the stock was never comfortable for me to use.

Tanfoglio witness 1911, for some reason I can't find my own photo of this one but I know I sold it!!! :lol:

Walther PPK, again a stock photo, This one I never posted online but the buyer who picked up my Crosman 1077 bought it on impulse.

Crosman Mark II , a very recent sale

Crosman 101 in .22, again a very recent sale, the buyer should be getting in a few days. A lovely old classic.

Colt Special Combat

Baikal m46 Very accurate, fantastic trigger, Unlike 99.9 of people who try them I hated this pistol! :shock:

Crosman Trapmaster 1100, one of two that I've owned and then sold, not sure if I have a pic of the other one.

Gamo G1200 pump action Co2 in .177, Crappy photo of a great rifle. I think it still has a home at my buddy Tony's place.

A different M1 Carbine BB shooter by Crosman, funny cast metal (home made?) replacement mag

Crosman Cr622 These are great old pump action guns, I ended up buying another 'cause I missed the rapid fire plinking fun!!

Walther Lever Action, I sold this one because I got a second one that shoots a bit hotter. It was bought be a really nice guy in the West but CanPost mistreated it so badly the rifle was bent (yes BENT!!) so badly the receiver cracked. The buyer was super patient as I collected the insurance for it and refunded his money. Always keep your CanPost receipts!!

A Daisy BB shooter, one of the crappy new ones, not the cool old ones. I bought the scabbard in Mexico, and it was not part of the sale.

Daisy 853c Ya, maybe I might have held onto this one.

Here's that Crosman 1077

Daisy 814 Sporter A one pump, BB and pellet rifle which hit fairly hard. A sort of copy of the Ruger Mini 14

Yunker 4 by IZHMASH Semi auto BB, felt just like the real steel!! (yes, I've shot a real AK) It even field stripped like an AK 74. Major drawback?? the 14lb. trigger pull.

:D :D I think that's all!!! For now!!! :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:37 pm 

Sorry, I goofed on one. To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee . . ."you call that a Colt Special Combat?? Now THIS is a Colt Special Combat!!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:59 pm 

Hello Helipilot,

I now have the desire for a Crosman 101 rifle because of this thread of yours.

Regards,

Ron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:06 pm 

Hi Ron,
I know from your posts you have a love for vintage pistols! The 101s are really nice old rifles and they do come up here for sale from time to time. I just was not getting much use from mine so I was happy to send the most recent one off to a good home.

Cheers :drinkers:
Dave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:12 pm 

Some nice hardware there.
That Crosman CR99 repeater looks familiar... :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:18 pm 

Quote:

haha You know it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:19 pm 

Helipilot wrote:
Benjamin Classic .22, this was one had been "Bubba'ed"

What is "Bubbafication"...plugging the piston hole?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:19 pm 

Helipilot wrote:
Quote:

haha You know it!!!

Yes it dose was here also ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:26 pm 

It's really just any repair or mod that been done carelessly or ineptly. ie "looks like Bubba had a go at this! there's tool marks everywhere and he's used a piece of coat hanger for a trigger!!!"" So a piston plugging job could be a Bubba job if it was done poorly or caused damage to the rifle.

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:57 pm 

Helipilot wrote:
It's really just any repair or mod that been done carelessly or ineptly. ie "looks like Bubba had a go at this! there's tool marks everywhere and he's used a piece of coat hanger for a trigger!!!"" So a piston plugging job could be a Bubba job if it was done poorly or caused damage to the rifle.

Dave

Thanks.

I thought it perhaps was about the "getting more power" crowd.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:25 pm 

That Crosman shotgun looks cool, does it fire shotgun type shells??

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:49 pm 

Yes, there were factory loaded red plastic shot shells, which could also be reloaded with bird shot (you can see some in a bag in my picture) . BUT the shells could also be reloaded with a cotton patch and a .36 cal round ball as a kind of big bore airgun. With the long barrel and a heavy projectile you can get some impressive power. At least one Forum member has taken rabbits with that kind of set up. Mr. Marvin has two Trapmasters for sale on his website now.

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:09 pm 

Dave how I envy your super selling powers.
And I am glad you never sell anything I don't have or want or you would be feeding my madness.
But since you mentioned Marvin and the trap master I must now go look.......... damn you.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:17 pm 

Murray,
I know! I know!! It's an illness!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:16 am 

Damn! If I won the lottery I would own them all! Really nice set of pictures. I would like to at least hold them. :D