Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Umarex Glock 17 Gen 4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:45 pm 

Haven't bought a new AG in ages, this one kinda intrigued me, so pulled the trigger.

Got it for $170 CND from Replicaairgun.ca plus taxes and $15 shipping.

Gun comes in lame clamshell packaging unlike the Cardboard glock box like in Europe,

I stuck it in an old Glock plastic box which I don't use anymore, but it works perfectly for this pistol.

The branding is good but The European one has 9x19 on the slide, seems like this was removed from this gun, and other North American versions I've seen. :(

Nyd

Attachments:
IMG_20191017_181920-min (1).jpg
IMG_20191017_181920-min (1).jpg [ 506.26 KiB | Viewed 1930 times ]
IMG_20191017_181905-min.jpg
IMG_20191017_181905-min.jpg [ 451.82 KiB | Viewed 1930 times ]
IMG_20191017_181652-min.jpg
IMG_20191017_181652-min.jpg [ 374.51 KiB | Viewed 1930 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:17 am 

Congratulation. Nice choice.

Quote:
Haven't bought a new AG in ages,

It is a known fact that most lubricants and cleaners intended for 'powderburner' are NOT good with today's airguns. Not suggesting that you've used them.,..but with the Hoppes Gun Oil in your picture I don't know if that is a safe choice for the Umarex airgun.
What is recommended is the venerable Pellgun Oil or non-aerosol Silicone oil where these lubricants are safe with the Seals; O'rings and plastic parts that make up the internals of most replica CO2 BB and Pellet shooting airguns. Just suggesting.

Happy shooting!
Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 pm 

Thanks,

Yeah I'd never use the hopps on this, it was just rattalin around in the Glock box so incorporated it in the pics to add to the atmos.

Nyd
quote="Hawk-I"]Congratulation. Nice choice.

Quote:
Haven't bought a new AG in ages,

It is a known fact that most lubricants and cleaners intended for 'powderburner' are NOT good with today's airguns. Not suggesting that you've used them.,..but with the Hoppes Gun Oil in your picture I don't know if that is a safe choice for the Umarex airgun.
What is recommended is the venerable Pellgun Oil or non-aerosol Silicone oil where these lubricants are safe with the Seals; O'rings and plastic parts that make up the internals of most replica CO2 BB and Pellet shooting airguns. Just suggesting.

Happy shooting!
Hawk-i[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:22 am 

I have waited so long for the 17 in .177 that I finaly crached ( 3year's ago) and got myself an airsoft one (quite accurate), got use to it and now can't decide if I get rid of the airsoft and buy the .177, or keep the 6mm...

For the moment it's 60/40 for the airsoft... :roll: ..

SilentMan :drinkers:

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:45 am 

silentman wrote:
I have waited so long for the 17 in .177 that I finaly crached ( 3year's ago) and got myself an airsoft one (quite accurate), got use to it and now can't decide if I get rid of the airsoft and buy the .177, or keep the 6mm...

same story for me, had all the Glock's airsofts available since 2011, they shoot verry accuratly, but the only downside i found was the green gas manipulation. Had one with co2 , and the valve broke on the first mag, not designed for.

I'm verry pleased with my .177 co2 Glocks now! Those are built for Co2!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:12 pm 

waltherglocksmith wrote:
silentman wrote:

same story for me, had all the Glock's airsofts available since 2011, they shoot verry accuratly, but the only downside i found was the green gas manipulation. Had one with co2 , and the valve broke on the first mag, not designed for.

I'm verry pleased with my .177 co2 Glocks now! Those are built for Co2!

I run my 17 on CO2 (3 mag) gun is very fine with it, except the CO2 mag knocker valve is very fragile, right now one is on life support for heart surgery...

SilentMan

6mm
Not enough and to many.