Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:27 pm 

Krazy Mike wrote:
You know guy's when your doing your PAL-Restricted at any time you call it a Weapon there on you like, well you know. They don't like it at all when taking the Test and Handling Procedures etc calling it by that name. FireArm. I was going to say something but thought well, not... :roll:

KM...

exactly
i just finished my firearms safety course today so i can get my minors permit

and one guy in the back of the class kept calling it a "weapon" and kept getting corrected and deducted a point

Post subject: Re: Variants
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:41 pm 

Stephen wrote:
Your being a bit of a picky buttock when discussing variants.

Isn't that exactly the point when discussing variants?

Quite frankly, Stephen - you are being a bit of a horse's posterior here - it seems that whenever someone expresses an opinion contrary to yours, or calls your bluff on your lack of knowledge, you have to resort to name calling to side step the issue. I for one, am not impressed by your condescending comments, and your readiness throughout this thread to hurl insults at others, while acting the part of some prissy, know-it-all prima donna.

You babble on with a load of rubbish, then come back name calling and back-pedaling with "what I really meant was" etc, etc, .....ad nauseum.
I guess in the end, you and I must agree to disagree on but one point - you are a legend in your own mind.

And, BTW:
Stephen wrote:
I am unaware that some one over on your side of the pond has already done a Walther...thats great.
....but being a one off modding shop or custom house....anyone could be forgiven for not knowing about it.....why the critisism?
Obviously this guy at Malpas who is doing the mod, could have copied from the outfit ......do you have any details?

I wasn't talking about our side - I was talking about the fellow in the UK that has done quite a number of these conversions, to Walthers and Webleys.

Post subject: Re: Lp53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:59 pm 

lostherox wrote:
maybe this is just me?
but it bothers the hell out of me when someone refers to an airgun or even a firearm for that matter as a "weapon" in anything other than law enforcement and military applications

It's all to do with political correctness - if the term "weapon" is used, it is considered "scary" by the antis - more so than just "firearm". It is just one of the terms that the media use to vilify a gun, so some folks prefer to use a less scary term.

It is no different than some folks that get really bent out of shape if they hear someone refer to a gun's "magazine" as a "clip". Most folks really don't care, but for some purists, it is a big deal.

Post subject: Weapons
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:07 am 

Fricken hell!
Have a nice life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:16 am 

Crickey, we all will Mate :lol:

KM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:06 pm 

Holy, this one really has been blown out of preportion here hasn't it? How did you get from talking about my pal's Webley to discussing proper english? And all this airgun mod talk? I don't want to know why, or how that got started. But whatever the reason, at least you kind of made up in the end. Should copy paste this and make a movie for youtube or something :P . Ah well, nothing a like a great big discussion to lower the stress, am I right? :D

Keep the peace boys,
Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:14 pm 

I wanna be in the Movie, but Step-Pan might not want to be around for it's making.Hehehe :lol:

Crickey :shock: Did you see that :?: Some condolences towards Steve Erwin

KM...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:31 pm 

This is a very old post which i have just encountered by accident, while reading from the web and finding this ...
The individual stating that the 53 cannot make 495 fps is big time wrong.
I think he was basing his information on the twin mainspring set up, rather than the single spring tuning kits available for it since the demise of the original spring spares..
With the guide rod adapter and new spring, this model can consistanly hit velocites easily into the 500 fps territory and requires trimming back a bit if anything,...
The notes on its swept volume etc wrong ...
It has excellent compression ratios ...
Included is a picture of the single spring kit and delrin guide and top hat ....
Ultra smooth vibration free 495 fps

Attachments:
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg [ 36.43 KiB | Viewed 102 times ]