Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:10 pm 

So I was curious to see what was inside my Crosman 1008 and took it apart a few days ago. I don't recommend doing this, as little parts will fly all over the place if you're not careful. And when you get it back together its like a mouse trap - one false move and it unsprings again.

I found that my gun didn't have two of the little lead weights that are in the exploded parts diagram from Crosman. So I made some. That was a pain. I melted up some lead in a pan and then shaped it into "ingots" that fit in the slots designed for the weights in the gun. See picture:

Here's one of the gun all disassembled. Lots of small parts.

And here it is right before putting the halves back together:

I also added a wad of axle grease in with the little bent-wire thing that strikes between the hammer and valve pin. This keeps it from rattling in the gun. I hated that rattle.

One other problem was that I added a dab of silicone on the barrel to keep it from rattling around in its housing (not shown). This is causing problems, though, because now the clip doesn't index properly and the gun misfires. What happens is that the clip doesn't exactly line up the chamber with the barrel, and when you pull the trigger the pellet jams against the end of the barrel - the gas escapes out of the chamber. So now I have to take it apart again and get rid of that silicone dab, so the barrel can float.

Now you see why this isn't recommended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:00 am 

I can't tell from your pix, but did you put the clip indexer (for a lack of a better part description) back on? Check the parts diagram from the crosman site, part number 106-015. It's in the barrel shroud assembly, top left of the diagram. This might by why the clip isn't indexing properly.

http://www.crosman.com/site/pistols_man

Also, make sure the pin that holds the clip (and rotates on) doesn't have grease. The grease might be prevening it from spinning freely, causing it to not index properly.

Aim Small. Miss Small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:20 pm 

I did put the indexer back in, and I think its working ok, but the blob of silicone goop I put in with the barrel to keep it from sliding back and forth is holding it too far "in" the gun. This is keeping the notches on the clip from properly engaging the indexer (I think). I guess I have to take it apart and clean out that goop. I thought that having a loose barrel in there was bad, but maybe it needs to be like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:58 pm 

I see what you mean now. The barrel is too far back.

You're right about the loose barrel being bad. Accuracy goes out the window when the barrel is loose. That's the reason I took mine apart, to secure the barrel. In my case, I used tin foil and wrapped it around the barrel until it's snug.

Aim Small. Miss Small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:16 pm 

Well I took it apart again, and this time it wasn't so bad. If you lay it down so the "right hand side" is on the table and take out the screws, and then carefully lift off the "left hand side", it won't fly apart. Anyway, I cleaned out the silicone on the barrel and put in there a wad of grease. The barrel can float again and the gun works like before. It also keeps the barrel from rattling - no more rattles.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:13 pm 

cartman. I know is being a long time but I wander if you are still around.
Please. Where does the interlock and spring go in the pistol? the interlock is a small pice with a tiny spring. I believe in your pics you placed it by the barrel assembly before putting the gun together.
thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:58 pm 

I have the same gun but in black, and I must say that ---- YOU ARE BRAVE! These flying surprises inside the gun means a big NO NO to me, thanks! Hahaha! Hope your gun work 100% now!