Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:09 pm 

I am looking for a portable black light and have checked the obvious places, wallmart, zellers and party stores. Does anyone know where i can pick one up in Canada online, mail order or in person.

looking for something like this one
http://blacklightshop.com/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:05 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Plinker wrote:
I am looking for a portable black light and have checked the obvious places, wallmart, zellers and party stores. Does anyone know where i can pick one up in Canada online, mail order or in person.

I picked one up from these folks.... They carry different models....
http://www.escience.ca/

Here's the page.... http://www.escience.ca/genSci/RENDER/6/ ... W1077.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:40 pm 

In Those stupid Sex Shoppes, they sell the Bulb's for like $5.99 apiece. Any of them sell them. Or those "IT" shops also...

KM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:27 pm 

Krazy Mike wrote:
In Those stupid Sex Shoppes, they sell the Bulb's for like $5.99 apiece. Any of them sell them. Or those "IT" shops also...

KM...

Different types and styles of Blacklight bulbs & flourescent tubes can be had at Crappy tire. I just picked up one too check out my hunting clothes.. I of course, having never ventured into one of those Sexy shoppes. I can not verify, as Mike can, the availability of the bulbs there. :P :P :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:29 pm 

I know, and bought one because of all of the Peelers we know, thats why :D I know about it. They sell everything in there, including a large plastic thinga ma jig. Hehehe

Mike...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:34 pm 

Krazy Mike wrote:
I know, and bought one because of all of the Peelers we know, thats why :D I know about it. They sell everything in there, including a large plastic thinga ma jig. Hehehe

Mike...

MIKE!! :shock: :shock:

Lol!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:19 pm 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Plinker wrote:

I picked one up from these folks.... They carry different models....
http://www.escience.ca/

Here's the page.... http://www.escience.ca/genSci/RENDER/6/ ... W1077.html

This is where you'll find the proper tool....... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:13 am 

Thanks for the advice guys, I've tried those cheap 6$ bulbs before and they don't seem to work properly, I believe the only lights that work properly are the flourescent tube models.

Parker_101_ those are the lights I am looking for but that model is abit pricey, I am purchasing a small amount of UV wash and spray as well as doping scent wash and spray for an in-law that has recently gotten into hunting, was hoping to find some under $20 light that would be ok and let him decide if he wanted to spend $50 on a decent setup.

I Don't think that i'll be venturing into the nearest adult toy store and requesting light bulbs Mike, thats a whole situation I'd prefer to avoid. Though I would love to see the look on the stores clerk when someone requested a light bulb instead of some of there more regularly sold items. I am amazed that this was the store you thought of first when someone was looking for lighting equipment. Do you purchase that much hardware from these stores Mike?

scruffie what did you pickup from CTC? do you by chance have the model number for the light you purchased?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:04 am 

We were transporting Dancers to these places, and I thought it was pretty funny, thats all it was. And yes, thats the first place I thought of. Those bigger set-ups are pretty Expensive, and I remember those $6.Cnd bulbs came to mind :lol: Not a big deal, just things we used to do at one time on a proffesional basis. It may seem funny to some of you guy's, but I'm not the only one who had done this thats a member in here either. I thought it would be a laugh to say this for you guy's. So laught it up, I do :lol: :lol:

KM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:59 pm 

I am still looking for a cheaper uv blacklight, if anyone has any ideas let me know. This is for a gift for one of my younger in-laws that has just gotten into hunting so i am trying to get him so equipment for deer hunting this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:28 am 

Portable as in battery powered?? Why. As stated I use a bulb picked up From C/T for a couple of bucks check my hunting clothes for UV. All my Hunting clothes are washed in sport wash to remove fragrence and UV. Hence I only need a cheepy that plugs into the wall as this all can be done at home. C/T also has the flourescent tubes. Buy a fixture with ballast and make your own if you want to go the the tube route. If the reason you want your B/L to be portable is for tracking game, I just use some Hydrogen peroxide with a little food colouring added in a spray bottle. Bubbles real nice when the mist comes into contact with blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:57 am 

I'll have to pop into CTC and see what they have, I am looking to get this light for someone to check there clothing after it's been treated. I was attempting to get a portable one as there is no electricity at there hunt camp and i thought having a portable UV light may be handy. I didn't know about that game tracking tip, one more reason to get a portable light though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:54 pm 

Inverters are really cheap now. I have one in my truck for running my laptop, recharging camera batteries, recharging Vhf radios, electric impact gun, Lights, etc. Works great for 120 when you need it.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp

Have to input inverters in the search box. Won't let me link Directly :roll: