Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: new mini talon..ish gun
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:55 pm 
Supporting Member 2013

this is a work in progress . all done today except the barrel. i got a idea as to what the gun should work like and went with it , it is base on what little i know about the condor style guns ,
i made 2 conectors , one for hpa and the other ofr co2 thatcsan be disconected well charged , i plan to make a small part about 3 cubic '' just for quick testing , but for now it works and works well , the rigger assembly is a test one just to see how all works , i plan to make some better stuf for it .
the barrel goes through the hammer and line up with the valve pin , which has a oring that goes inside the hammer before it striks , the barrel is a sprig guide and hammer guide , the hammerdoesn't ride on the inside of the tube it is centered and sealed on the barrel .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:12 pm 

:supz: Good job men!

Post subject: Dont stop
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:52 pm 

I want to see how it turns out 8)

Condor
Etc....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:56 pm 

Very cool!

So is your hammer also your breach? I'd love a closer look at your valve, I'm trying to figure out how it works? You seem to be on to an ingeniously simple design! Time to scale it up :twisted:

MB

Hatchet to head: check
Face into coffee table: check
Tinkertoy into eyebrow: check
Discus to mouth: check
Mauled by lathe:.... in due time my pet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:19 am 
Admin-2-IC

Excellent JezX, ..... Congrats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:37 am 
Supporting Member 2013

im going to draw up some better plans to day ,not that this gun sucks but in building i figured a new way . , so i'll post them later , i hope to finish the gun tonight so can start on my other 2 , going with a 9mm for the next .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:34 pm 
Oh how I envy thy lathe owners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:01 pm 
Supporting Member 2013

not to good at drawing plans , if you guys knew what i did for a living you expet way better drawing , my job is doing designs ,basicly ,over 13years at it ...lol
any way this is how i built the thing , and the future one , it is pretty easy , a smal lathe and a drillpress could do it . thread cutting ability is good but not a must . holding skrews would also work for the major parts .
i wish it was better drawn . lol you got to love my color code .lollol
SOMEONE let me know if it is total imposable to understand .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:59 am 

I like this idea, but I am affraid that it will not work this way.

When sealing on the outside of the hammer in one end, and on the inside in the other it will act as i piston and you will get blowback.

I think you will need separate hammer and sealing part as well as a talon style tophat.

Best Regards
Jakob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:52 am 
Supporting Member 2013

it works fine , , im not sure what you mean , by seperate ? but id love to hear more , may be something i miss ( no sarcasm ).
the drawing may not be perfect.. but it should have the hammer and the barrel and the valve end all the same size for about a 1/4'' joining when they come together , so it is just a straight through tube while the air is flowing. the hammer would be tight and sealed againts the valve pin the whole time there s air coming out , then if ther is kick back it would have to kik the hammer back 1/4'' '' before air would leave around the frount end of the hammer at which point the pellet shoud be gone , or at top speed . 1/4 kik back would be major problem for sure .
i have fired a bunch of pellet and seems fine . a 6'' barrel at 700psi is getting about 480f/s w/ .22 14.5gr . , my chrony has ben a bit weird but still works most of the time .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:24 am 

Ooh, I just looked at the drawing.

Doing it your way will work.

How consistent is the gun?

I think separate hammer and breech would improve consistensy.

Will you post a picture of your trigger assambly?

/Jakob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:30 am 

BTW.

I you dont know it you should take a look at

http://talonairgun.com/forum/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:24 am 
Supporting Member 2013

i put the mini on the back burner for a bit , and put a new 9mm bigger one together .
r2d2got me all paranoid about he blow back .lol, so i improved on this one , its still almost the same design still hammer/ breech . i figure if it's gona blow back it will do it in a 9mm at 3000psi . the mini has no air loss at 800psi , never tested highr.
for now the trigger is like a crosman 140 , when i get a good rolling lock done i'll post a picture .
the end of the valve pin top hat fits in the end of the barrel almost tight leaving little air to escape , when it does the hammer fits over the out side and seals on the od oring wich has a 1/4'' cover . . the valve pin port is .28'' at the air side and .26 at the pellet skirt end . should blow lots of air . only1.2'' from air to pellet .