Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:46 pm 
Site Moderator

I was looking through the Canadian Hunter D18 manual and noticed it has a parts diagram. Most of the parts numbers are preceded by "B11". The stock, receiver tube, piston, mainspring, and barrel are all B11 parts. Almost all parts are B11 except for a few smaller B2, B3, and B12 parts which seem to be shared with these other Chinese BAM models (pins, little springs, detent, washers).

I did a web search for the BAM XS-B11 and the current style seems to be the Canadian Hunter D18. There are still some older B11 pics on the net with an older outdated stock shape... but the newest version seems to be the Canadian Hunter D18.

BAM B11 Air Rifle
http://new.pellettrap.com/index.cfm?cat ... ID=4142282

Pic I took of Canadian Hunter D18

Cheers,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:10 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Canadian Hunter D18 is pretty much it's Canadian to order from China.
Now that's for current variant. The new variant should be available
in a month or so with some improvement and it's NOT made by the
same manufacture as the current one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:27 pm 

Hi Dan ,
Will the new variant be available through you ? What type of improvements will there be ?
Thanks in advance .
Warren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:38 pm 

The Hunter guts these guns hit hard this one had afew hundred rounds shot out of it to day it getting much smother

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:18 pm 
Admin-2-IC

warren wrote:
Hi Dan ,
Will the new variant be available through you ? What type of improvements will there be ?
Thanks in advance .
Warren

Hi Warren,
Marvin and perhaps there will be alot of other dealers
carry them as well.
I talked to the manufacturer last week, since there is no picture
out yet, the improvement should be on the sights, metal and stock
apparently should be as good if not better. I hope there is some
improvement over the trigger.

Hey Lauchlin ..... NICE PICS ...... thx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:26 pm 

Guess I'll wait till the upgraded ones become available and see before I decide on one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:56 am 
Site Moderator

I'm not fond of the fat plastic fibre optic front sights so hopefully the new Canadian Hunter variant sticks with the metal post and metal tunnel. The current rear sight is also nice... with the 4 notch choices. The D18 stock is very nice and the finish on the 5 examples that I checked were all on par with any Diana I have seen. Metal bluing on the D18 is also quite good.

I'm interested to see how these newer D18 models are improved. My only complaints on the D18 is the trigger pull and lack of scope stop. The trigger should respond to polishing and more use. A scope stop can be added by drilling and tapping one hole at the back of the grooves (like Quest/Phantom). For $95, the D18 (aka XS-B11) is a good choice.

The velocity on the unaltered D18/B11 is quite good. :lol:

Cdn Hunter D18 (XS-B11) metal front sight

Cdn Hunter D18 (XS-B11) rear sight

Cheers,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:25 am 
Site Moderator

I just found the Xisico web page for the BAM XS-B11. This sure seems to be the same rifle as the Canadian Hunter D18 and D18B. Same overall length, same barrel length, same weight, same appearance, same manufacturer. At one time I thought the D18 was a special production for Canada. Oh well, it's still a decent rifle.

http://www.xisicousa.com/xs-b11.html

Cheers,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:11 am 
Admin-2-IC

TCooper wrote:
I'm not fond of the fat plastic fibre optic front sights Todd

Yeah, I think that would be one of the changes perhaps it'll be about
the size of the QBD, metal glo-sight.

Truly Canadian Hunter was production for Canada, they're not for sale
any where else, may be if we start shipping them to the U.S ... lol....

B11 is not for Canadian market, also the original B11 is not as nice as
D18 as I've seen at the warehouse in Texas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:50 am 
Site Moderator

I'm wondering if the XS-B11 was discontinued just like the XS-B18. Crosman bought the rights for the B18 and it is now made by BAM and sold as the Crosman Quest. The recent pics of the XS-B11 look identical to the Canadian Hunter D-18. The XS-B11 no longer appears on the XisicoUSA web site. The XS-B11 link I posted above is no longer attached to the Xisico web site.

The Quest has a better stock and metal finish than the discontinued B18 version. Possibly, the Canadian Hunter D18 has better stock and metal finish than the discontinued XS-B11 version.

Old link. No long attached to Xisico site.
http://www.xisicousa.com/xs-b11.html

Current Xisico airgun offerings. Notice there is no XS-B11.
http://www.xisicousa.com/airguns.html

XS-B11 from old Xisico web page (poor pic quality)

Canadian Hunter D18 (my pic)

Cheers,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:31 am 
Supporting Member 2009

TCooper wrote:
Crosman bought the rights for the B18 and it is now made by BAM and sold as the Crosman Quest.

Crosman apparently only owns the "rights" to the B18 platform in North America- the B18 is still being sold in the UK and other parts under names like the SMK B18 and such...

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:05 pm 

I just picked up a Canadian Hunter .177 today.Overall very nice finish on both the stock and bluing.Trigger pull is no wear near as bad as on the cheaper Chinese rifles.Instruction booklet that came with the gun has a very nice exploded pic of all the guns parts plus a numbered parts list,and yes most of the parts listed are the same as either a B2,B11 or B12.I have only put about 4 shots through it so far,it has no problem going clean through both sides of a metal coffee can at 10yds with 7.1g beeman silver bears.Sites seem so far to be almost right on the money.But man does this thing smoke after it's been fired.Sort of like shooting black powder.LOL...

Beeman P17 with Tasco red dot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:07 pm 
Site Moderator

I'm resurrecting this ancient posting to add to the information. The D18 Canadian Hunter doesn't seem to be a current production rifle anymore. Since this old posting I did have opportunity to tune up an example that belonged to a friend. The trigger is a simple direct design but worked out fine with some polishing and moly paste. Velocity on this rifle was also warm for the rating. The rifle is about the size of a Diana 24 and shot well with a cheap 4 power scope.

Ricksplace just bought a D18 from GMK Armoury and already has it apart. I was wondering if the seals and springs were going to be a concern. Fortunately the D18 (deluxe Xisico B11) takes the same common breach seal, piston seal and detuned Cdn mainspring as the Quest/Phantom/Optimus/etc. That's great news!

I listed a dozen D18 rifles for sale in the classified ads for GMK Armoury (Dealer's Corner). Rick picked up one with a broken rear sight but there are 11 left for cheap ($60 - $79). New in box rifles... just old inventory.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:57 pm 

My mistake. The piston seal is bigger than a B18 seal, but smaller than a D34.It looked the same. When I installed a new B18 seal, the piston just fell down the tube.The tube on the Canadian hunter is a larger diameter than a B18. Im guessing a xs12 seal might fit. I managed to turn down the original tight seal to a good fit in the tube. Smoked like a VW diesel out of the box. Shooting 600 fps+ after a tune. I added a top hat and piston liner. Trigger is a little creepy, but shootable after some stoning. Nice gun for $60!
Btw - sight fixed with super glue (just for appearance, I scoped it.)

I'm not multitasking. I'm doing something else until I remember what I was doing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 am 

Further info on the Canadian Hunter in .177:
The piston seal fits the standard taper, but it's a 26mm seal, as opposed to a standard B18 seal which is 25mm. Current production XS12 uses the same seal.
There is a bleed hole in the piston! Initially, I ignored it. It looked like a center drilled hole for turning and I thought "how can a bleed hole work with a piston rod? Where's the air going to go?" When I first reassembled the gun, the recoil was very harsh for a mid range springer. So I tore it down and plugged the hole. I guess some air leaked through, because I picked up about 70 fps. The gun now shoots a 7.5gr pellet at 670 fps. After a lube tune, it's otherwise stock except for the piston liner and thin aluminum top hat, neither of which would increase velocity. It still has a little buzz. Maybe I'll just shoot it for a while and see if it settles down before I try a thicker piston liner.
I found the finish inside a lot better than most Chinese guns I've been into. The cocking slot in the tube and piston hardly needed deburring. The diameter of the piston rod is the thicker than I have seen on full power springers. The trigger responded well to stoning and polishing and a little moly paste. I drilled a scope stop hole while I had it apart.
It has a ball detent lockup, a slant breach, and steel hinge washers.
It has an auto safety linkage that was out of adjustment and not working. The linkage can be removed without affecting the functioning of the manual safety, so I removed the linkage and kept the manual safety. The rifle can be decocked.
All told, real nice gun for $60 and a little elbow grease. I'll try some groups after the break-in. Tuned guns still need to break in, it just takes a lot less time. The gun is showing promise, tight groups with frustrating fliers. It should settle down in a hundred shots or so.

I'm not multitasking. I'm doing something else until I remember what I was doing.