Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 pm 

i was just wondering if the 30mm tube would be better ie allowing more light in etc which in turn would give you a better sight picture rather than the 1" tube which would allow less light in but would give you the extra 4X power-which wouldnt be all that great if you werent getting enough light to get a good sight picture well thats what i assume anyways,
i could be wrong but thats why i'm here asking these questions :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:18 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Since this Thread was first started Keyrigger has been kind enough to put together a Scope Information Resource Thread in case you missed the sticky....
Thanks Keyrigger!!!

Great Tip compliments of Suprmatic.... Thanks!!!.... A little scope mounting tip for break-barrels......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:40 pm 

Here's the specs on that Leapers 30mm tube 8-32X56AO with IR scope for those interested....
I've spoken to 4 members this week who are all waiting for this scope to arrive at their doors....LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:42 pm 

Parker_101_ wrote:
I've spoken to 4 members this week who are all waiting for this scope to arrive at their doors....LOL[/b]
Who's gonna get it first? :twisted: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:30 pm 

Did you order the 100mm side wheel Part# LP-SCP-5W100 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:05 pm 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Did you order the 100mm side wheel Part# LP-SCP-5W100 ?
Me? Yep!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:19 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Parker_101_ wrote:
Here's the specs on that Leapers 30mm tube 8-32X56AO with IR scope for those interested....
I've spoken to 4 members this week who are all waiting for this scope to arrive at their doors....LOL

I am very happy with mine, you can't beat it for the price and it'll hold up to the recoil.

Good purchases!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:40 pm 

pirellip wrote:
[
I am very happy with mine, you can't beat it for the price and it'll hold up to the recoil.
Glad to hear you're still happy with it, I think it has been your initial recommendation that has prompted a few of us to consider this scope. While my current setup won't really produce any recoil, it's good to know the scope can hold up to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:06 am 

Geez, looks like I'm no better than fifth in line... Last time I tried to order the 8-32x56, it was the SHOT show preventing restocking and me getting one, now it's other stupid CAF members... :D

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well. - Murphy's Other Laws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:30 am 

So I guess I can't blame all of my missed shots on my scope now that everybody is going to be using the same one :? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:44 pm 

The place I was planning to get MY ( :D ) 8-32x56AO is not expecting new stock until the end of April!

I wasn't planning to shoot FT with the scope, it is an "experiment": they sound awfully big and heavy and I don't usually shoot from a rest...might make an OK telescope if it's too heavy for me on the gun...

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well. - Murphy's Other Laws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:03 pm 

cfraser wrote:
The place I was planning to get MY ( :D ) 8-32x56AO is not expecting new stock until the end of April!

I wasn't planning to shoot FT with the scope, it is an "experiment": they sound awfully big and heavy and I don't usually shoot from a rest...might make an OK telescope if it's too heavy for me on the gun...

Check these folks cfraser.... They also had the 100mm side wheel... :wink:
http://www.marstar.ca/ac-optics/l-30mm-scopes.shtm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:47 pm 

^ Thanks. I was looking there yesterday for somebody else, forgot to check this model out!

Are they a reliable dealer? I have to tell you, their descriptions for some other Leapers scopes are quite erroneous and misleading...would hate to have bought one of them based on their info...just asking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:49 pm 

Yes, Marstar has been around for a very long time. A few have already got their scopes and sidewheels from them. I wished they were not so far from here, lol.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:51 pm 

hey keyrigger have you dealt with marstar? some of their prices for scopes look pretty good im prbly going to get one of the 3-12 30mm ones for hft this year

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next