Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:50 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Damn .... now I feel like I'm left out ... lol.... I need one for my self ....

Hey congrats Pumpmaster .... you're one step beyond .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:43 pm 

Thanks for the tip Keyrigger, the two piece mounts make more sense. rsterne, you're correct about the parts added, no other parts needed. The QB will operate at 1350-1500psi. Velocity will be adequate :wink:

Parker_101_, why are you going with the higher magnification Leapers scope for HFT? Is it simply so you can move onto FT without changing scopes, or are there other reasons? I'm most likely going with one of the Leapers as well, but I don't see myself shooting FT so I thought I'd save myself some money and get the 4-16x56. I'd appreciate your input!

Sniper, you've gotta keep one of these for yourself (just not the other one I've already called dibs on :wink: :lol: ) Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:59 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Yes! your figured correctly pumpmaster, I'm hoping to shoot FT at some point as well and figure on using that scope or another just like it on one of my other shooters... Should keep me familiarized with it's characteristics.... 30mm tube 100mm side wheel, 8-32 power setting, as I'm finding out thanks to the info coming out from this new section, the higher power setting should help focus more accurately.... Price really is a factor for me and at $250-300 it's within reach anything more and I'd have to bow out... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:02 am 

Parker_101_ wrote:
Yes! your figured correctly pumpmaster, I'm hoping to shoot FT at some point as well and figure on using that scope or another just like it on one of my other shooters... Should keep me familiarized with it's characteristics.... 30mm tube 100mm side wheel, 8-32 power setting, as I'm finding out thanks to the info coming out from this new section, the higher power setting should help focus more accurately.... Price really is a factor for me and at $250-300 it's within reach anything more and I'd have to bow out... :wink:
Am I correct in assuming the side wheel isn't necessary for HFT? I still haven't completely wrapped my head around all the scope details.... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:05 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

It's of my understanding that side wheel is allowed in HFT, but no marking for distance, someone correct me if I misunderstood anything here... Power limit is x15 Max.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:10 am 

Congrats on step 2 pumpmaster !!!

FWIW, I'd suggest that if you can, go with the 8-32 x 56 Leapers. You may not intend to shoot in a class other than hunter, but if you should, the extra power will be most useful. The extra scope capability can also come in handy for mini-sniping at a fun shoot, or for hunting (if so inclined). The old addage of "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" applies to scopes as well - :lol: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:14 am 

Parker_101_ wrote:
It's of my understanding that side wheel is allowed in HFT, but no marking for distance, someone correct me if I misunderstood anything here... Power limit is x15 Max.....

The side wheel is simply your focus - it works the same as the end bell focus ring on a standard AO scope. The larger sidewheel will make finer adjustment easier.

You are correct, for HFT, the distance markings have to be covered over, whether it is a sidewheel or end bell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:23 am 

Suprmatic wrote:
Congrats on step 2 pumpmaster !!!

FWIW, I'd suggest that if you can, go with the 8-32 x 56 Leapers. You may not intend to shoot in a class other than hunter, but if you should, the extra power will be most useful. The extra scope capability can also come in handy for mini-sniping at a fun shoot, or for hunting (if so inclined). The old addage of "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" applies to scopes as well - :lol: .
Thanks, and I appreciate your advice regarding the scope. Parker_101_, let me know if you find any 2-for-1 scope deals out there :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 am 

So it is clear for everyone, sidewheels can be used in any Division. It is a focus wheel and you are allowed to focus in any Division. As has been stated, for Hunter, you must cover the distance markings so if they are on the front AO bell, you must cover them there. If they are on the sidewheel of any scope in Hunter, they must be covered there. We do not want you to take a shot at an out of focus target, only that you must estimate its distance for your clicks or hold-over/under. Take care.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?