Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:50 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Damn .... now I feel like I'm left out ... lol.... I need one for my self ....

Hey congrats Pumpmaster .... you're one step beyond .....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 2099
Location: Southern Ontario
Thanks for the tip Keyrigger, the two piece mounts make more sense. rsterne, you're correct about the parts added, no other parts needed. The QB will operate at 1350-1500psi. Velocity will be adequate :wink:

Parker_101_, why are you going with the higher magnification Leapers scope for HFT? Is it simply so you can move onto FT without changing scopes, or are there other reasons? I'm most likely going with one of the Leapers as well, but I don't see myself shooting FT so I thought I'd save myself some money and get the 4-16x56. I'd appreciate your input!

Sniper, you've gotta keep one of these for yourself (just not the other one I've already called dibs on :wink: :lol: ) Thanks again!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:59 pm 
Offline
Site sponsor and moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:38 pm
Posts: 5335
Location: Southern Ontario
Yes! your figured correctly pumpmaster, I'm hoping to shoot FT at some point as well and figure on using that scope or another just like it on one of my other shooters... Should keep me familiarized with it's characteristics.... 30mm tube 100mm side wheel, 8-32 power setting, as I'm finding out thanks to the info coming out from this new section, the higher power setting should help focus more accurately.... Price really is a factor for me and at $250-300 it's within reach anything more and I'd have to bow out... :wink:

_________________
    Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 2099
Location: Southern Ontario
Parker_101_ wrote:
Yes! your figured correctly pumpmaster, I'm hoping to shoot FT at some point as well and figure on using that scope or another just like it on one of my other shooters... Should keep me familiarized with it's characteristics.... 30mm tube 100mm side wheel, 8-32 power setting, as I'm finding out thanks to the info coming out from this new section, the higher power setting should help focus more accurately.... Price really is a factor for me and at $250-300 it's within reach anything more and I'd have to bow out... :wink:
Am I correct in assuming the side wheel isn't necessary for HFT? I still haven't completely wrapped my head around all the scope details.... :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:05 am 
Offline
Site sponsor and moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:38 pm
Posts: 5335
Location: Southern Ontario
It's of my understanding that side wheel is allowed in HFT, but no marking for distance, someone correct me if I misunderstood anything here... Power limit is x15 Max.....

_________________
    Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:03 pm
Posts: 5330
Location: home of the Marshville Festival, Ontario, Canada
Congrats on step 2 pumpmaster !!!

FWIW, I'd suggest that if you can, go with the 8-32 x 56 Leapers. You may not intend to shoot in a class other than hunter, but if you should, the extra power will be most useful. The extra scope capability can also come in handy for mini-sniping at a fun shoot, or for hunting (if so inclined). The old addage of "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" applies to scopes as well - :lol: .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:03 pm
Posts: 5330
Location: home of the Marshville Festival, Ontario, Canada
Parker_101_ wrote:
It's of my understanding that side wheel is allowed in HFT, but no marking for distance, someone correct me if I misunderstood anything here... Power limit is x15 Max.....

The side wheel is simply your focus - it works the same as the end bell focus ring on a standard AO scope. The larger sidewheel will make finer adjustment easier.

You are correct, for HFT, the distance markings have to be covered over, whether it is a sidewheel or end bell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 2099
Location: Southern Ontario
Suprmatic wrote:
Congrats on step 2 pumpmaster !!!

FWIW, I'd suggest that if you can, go with the 8-32 x 56 Leapers. You may not intend to shoot in a class other than hunter, but if you should, the extra power will be most useful. The extra scope capability can also come in handy for mini-sniping at a fun shoot, or for hunting (if so inclined). The old addage of "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" applies to scopes as well - :lol: .
Thanks, and I appreciate your advice regarding the scope. Parker_101_, let me know if you find any 2-for-1 scope deals out there :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:54 pm
Posts: 1702
Location: Mississauga, Ont.
So it is clear for everyone, sidewheels can be used in any Division. It is a focus wheel and you are allowed to focus in any Division. As has been stated, for Hunter, you must cover the distance markings so if they are on the front AO bell, you must cover them there. If they are on the sidewheel of any scope in Hunter, they must be covered there. We do not want you to take a shot at an out of focus target, only that you must estimate its distance for your clicks or hold-over/under. Take care.

_________________
Keyrigger
CAFTA Governor
Image
When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO