Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:16 pm 
Offline
Site sponsor and moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:38 pm
Posts: 5335
Location: Southern Ontario
Wow!... Had a blast at Port Colborne today.... perfect weather for a day of outdoor shooting amongst friends.... 8)
Here are a few pics from the match today....

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Image

Added more pics

_________________
    Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!...


Last edited by Parker_101_ on Sat May 10, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:27 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
oh yes that was good fun .....
Thank goodness they don't want to take picture of the guy that won
the last place ..... LOL .....
May be next time I'll bring Crosman 1100 .... LOL .... I know I can do it with open sights .... lol...

hmmmm I see that guy is not smiling perhaps tired from beating suprmatic .... LOL ....

My tuned gun won second place hunter division .... wooo hooo .....
I just had to brag about it .... LOL .... like you know who .... LOL ....
but I'm definitely NOT the best tuner in the world .... LOL ....not even a good one .... LOL ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:47 pm
Posts: 1726
Location: canada
sniper wrote:
oh yes that was good fun .....
LOL ....wooo hooo .....
I just had to brag about it .... LOL .... like you know who .... LOL .... LOL ....

Dan, I told you not to eat those funny looking mushrooms you found in the forest! :lol: If we had a prize for the best hat you would've won it! :lol: I hope you had fun and we see you out more often! You missed the fun shoot afterwards?! :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1657
Location: Cochrane, Ontario Canada
Great photos 8) What a beautiful day for a shoot. :heart:

Looking forward to all the details. :wink:

_________________
Come and visit ..Doctor Frankenguns Airgun Forum..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:54 pm
Posts: 1702
Location: Mississauga, Ont.
Parker101:

Thanks for the company today and thanks for the pictures. Nice shootin'.

_________________
Keyrigger
CAFTA Governor
Image
When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:19 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
windbag wrote:
sniper wrote:
oh yes that was good fun .....
LOL ....wooo hooo .....
I just had to brag about it .... LOL .... like you know who .... LOL ....
LOL ....

Dan, I told you not to eat those funny looking mushrooms you found in
the forest! :lol: If we had a prize for the best hat you would've won
it! :lol: I hope you had fun and we see you out more often! You missed
the fun shoot afterwards?! :(


..... LOL ..... I tel ya, you don't how delicious those mushrooms ....
truly I was looking at three of the big ones ....

LOL ..... good thing I didn't wear the rest of the set of desert storm
uniform ..... just in case somebody might mistaken me for uncle sam
trooper ... lol...


If I may suggest:
The hunter division group should be together and in the first line.

Hunting airguns only allow or even set a price of airgun that is no more
than $ 200 max at retail value, so no body will bring a Steyr or Anschutz
to shoot at hunter division.
Imagine if I bring LG110 to hunter division instead of the last minute
home made QB .... LOL .....

Hunting scope should be used in hunter division NOT target scope,
which means must have fix focus and no target should be at 10 yards,
at min. should be 20 - 25 yards to 50 yards.

I was just thinking we're supposed to simulate the hunter ......
not like those people who are killing gophers from a bench .....

Is there anybody who shoot in hunter division that set the hunter rules ???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 420
Location: Ontario
sniper wrote:
windbag wrote:
sniper wrote:
oh yes that was good fun .....
LOL ....wooo hooo .....
I just had to brag about it .... LOL .... like you know who .... LOL ....
LOL ....

Dan, I told you not to eat those funny looking mushrooms you found in
the forest! :lol: If we had a prize for the best hat you would've won
it! :lol: I hope you had fun and we see you out more often! You missed
the fun shoot afterwards?! :(


..... LOL ..... I tel ya, you don't how delicious those mushrooms ....
truly I was looking at three of the big ones ....

LOL ..... good thing I didn't wear the rest of the set of desert storm
uniform ..... just in case somebody might mistaken me for uncle sam
trooper ... lol...


If I may suggest:
The hunter division group should be together and in the first line.

Hunting airguns only allow or even set a price of airgun that is no more
than $ 200 max at retail value, so no body will bring a Steyr or Anschutz
to shoot at hunter division.
Imagine if I bring LG110 to hunter division instead of the last minute
home made QB .... LOL .....

Hunting scope should be used in hunter division NOT target scope,
which means must have fix focus and no target should be at 10 yards,
at min. should be 20 - 25 yards to 50 yards.

I was just thinking we're supposed to simulate the hunter ......
not like those people who are killing gophers from a bench .....

Is there anybody who shoot in hunter division that set the hunter rules ???


Thanks for your suggestions Sniper, and thanks for coming out to our shoot today. Hopefully your first of many FT matches.

We will consider what you have said and make any changes we think are necessary at the end of each shooting year when the rules are being reviewed.

We will give no promises that all or any of your suggestions will be put into the rule book, but rest assured we are listening, and that reasonable and knowledgeable Field Target shooters, with years of experience, are making such decisions.

Please remember that we are also hunters. Many of us have owned firearms for many years, and been involved in numerous forms of "real life" hunting. Not only do we have practical hunting experience, we have studied and applied HFT rules and guidelines from numerous countries around the world who have enjoyed years of successful Hunter Field Target matches.

The board Of Governors write the rules. They always have their ears and eyes open to what is going on, and are listening to suggestions. We want to see FT be the best it can be here in Canada.

None of the governors shot in the Hunter Division today. Some will periodically likely.

For now, may I suggest that you prepare yourself and your equipment for the best performance possible as you shoot under the current Hunter Division rules. The rules are permanently posted above in the sticky. If you want to shoot a QB and get it ready only at the last minute, that's your right. I think you did quite well under the circumstances! Good shooting today.

Hope you had fun, and come back when you can.

_________________
Canadian Airgun Field Target Association (CAFTA)
CAFTA Governor
Image


Last edited by CJN on Sat May 10, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:54 pm
Posts: 1702
Location: Mississauga, Ont.
Although it is not within the rules to prohibit certain rifle styles or makes
from competing in the Hunter Division, we would discourage the use of
match rifles and suggest that maybe competing in the other two divisions,
depending on the rifle. Technically, I could take my rifle, remove the
sidewheel (the inner wheel has no markings), set the grip to normal,
remove the hook and replace it with the standard plate, drop the cheek
piece to the bottom, remove the adjustable riser, and set the scope to no
more than 15 power. Is that going to help Hunter? Not on your life. If
someone was to come out with a ringer, I would not be very happy, and I
don't feel that any of the Match Directors would, either. I could bring my
410 out, set the power to 15, and also have a rifle that may cause a few
groans. A few have seen me shoot that rifle, and I can really say that it
would not be fair to shooters like the two young lads that came out, nor to
others like yourself, or pumpmaster, just to name a few. We want
this Division to grow, not to be cut short by over-competitive individuals.
Maybe, in a couple of years, when it has grown and become mainstream
with everyone, I may give it a try with the 410, but the 100 FT set to
Hunter specs would still be too much in my books. An arms race in Hunter
would not be very good.

_________________
Keyrigger
CAFTA Governor
Image
When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:25 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Hey thanks for the reply CJN ....

I just thought perhaps to make it fair for every body in Hunter division.

Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 420
Location: Ontario
sniper wrote:
Hey thanks for the reply CJN ....

I just thought perhaps to make it fair for every body in Hunter division.

Cheers.


Absolutely...I completely understand where you are coming from. I think we saw a real fair playing field in the Hunter Division today.

You may find it interesting to review Hunter Field Target match results from around the world to get an understand of what guns others are using.

Airgunning is an addictive hobby, and as money allows, finer guns seem to find their way into our collections :D

Some may continue to use the same guns they started using in Hunter Division from day one, while others upgrade and buy more expensive equipment. It's just part of the natural progression.

Others will later decide they want to shoot in the PCP and Piston Divisions.

Remember that all Divisions must shoot the same course, so each course must have targets that meet the needs of the whole group of Field Target shooters.

We're just happy new folks like yourself are giving it a try. We think FT is a blast, and hopefully you do too.

Take care.

_________________
Canadian Airgun Field Target Association (CAFTA)
CAFTA Governor
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:50 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Keyrigger wrote:
Although it is not within the rules to prohibit certain rifle styles or makes
from competing in the Hunter Division, we would discourage the use of
match rifles and suggest that maybe competing in the other two divisions,
depending on the rifle. Technically, I could take my rifle, remove the
sidewheel (the inner wheel has no markings), set the grip to normal,
remove the hook and replace it with the standard plate, drop the cheek
piece to the bottom, remove the adjustable riser, and set the scope to no
more than 15 power. Is that going to help Hunter? Not on your life. If
someone was to come out with a ringer, I would not be very happy, and I
don't feel that any of the Match Directors would, either. I could bring my
410 out, set the power to 15, and also have a rifle that may cause a few
groans. A few have seen me shoot that rifle, and I can really say that it
would not be fair to shooters like the two young lads that came out, nor to
others like yourself, or pumpmaster, just to name a few. We want
this Division to grow, not to be cut short by over-competitive individuals.
Maybe, in a couple of years, when it has grown and become mainstream
with everyone, I may give it a try with the 410, but the 100 FT set to
Hunter specs would still be too much in my books. An arms race in Hunter
would not be very good.


Now you make me want to buy a Steyr to shoot hunter division ... LOL ..
with a very good scope but not to dial over 15 eventhough capable ....
if I can make an improvement with that over the QB perhaps it's not
fair to everybody else .....

Keyrigger wrote:
We want this Division to grow, not to be cut short by over-competitive individuals.


You're absolutely right .... that's what my thought ....

IF there is only one gun and everybody must use that one gun , every
thing else is skill .....
I had held a competition like that with upto 12 people showed up at
one time and we only used one QB, open sight, standing position, 20 yards,
the target was gamo 1" self reset target. We had such a blast time
every thursday night .....
Yes, the QB was stock out of the box.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 2099
Location: Southern Ontario
sniper wrote:
My tuned gun won second place hunter division .... wooo hooo .....
I just had to brag about it .... LOL
Hey....I thought that I won second place :lol: Thanks for helping me put together such a capable rifle Sniper! I was nervous shooting a match with no practice, but the rifle did what it was supposed to do. Can't wait to finally get out with a chrony, a tape measure, and a bunch of pellets to really figure out the capabilities of this rifle.

Thanks to everyone who put the match together. I had a great time and appreciated the warm welcome I was given.
If I have one suggestion to give, it is from a selfish perspective (that might affect others as well) simply because finding the free time to shoot a match is tricky for me.
It seems as though the match schedule could be tightened up quite a bit without rushing anybody. Perhaps starting an hour earlier and setting a time frame for each lane along with a "deadline" to hand in the tally sheets would keep things moving along. That way anybody with time constraints could still shoot a match and be on their way by 1 or 2pm.
Just an idea. Thanks again everybody!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:10 am 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Pumpmaster wrote:
sniper wrote:
My tuned gun won second place hunter division .... wooo hooo .....
I just had to brag about it .... LOL
Hey....I thought that I won second place :lol:


Absolutely Pumpmaster .... you did excellent job there..... congrats.
I was only kidding, just bugging somebody who ever said that before ... LOL ....
The rifle can't do much without a good shooter ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:39 am 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
some tip for first timer, I guess learning from my own fault ... lol.....

1. make sure to bring a seat under 18" high.
It might helps to make you a better shooter .... LOL .....
besides a good rifle and a good scope .. lol..
most of my shots from kneeling and standing, look thru the scope
and shoot ...... what setting .... LOL .....

2. pack a lunch or snack, especially if no breakfast.
This one definitely would make you a better shooter .... LOL ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
OK, that does it... I really have to try and get out there...SOON.

Looks like a great place, and it looks like most of you had fun (there are a couple that need to learn how to smile in a picture :wink: ).

It's my clubs shoot next Sunday, if anyone fancies coming... :D

_________________
My shooting pix :- http://www.freewebs.com/fthftshootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO