Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:47 pm
Posts: 1726
Location: canada
eric_503 wrote:
...windbag,You were a pleasure to shoot
with.

The pleasure was all mine Eric! Now we need to get your Dad to shoot a match! :twisted:
Photoguy2910 wrote:
Is that Windbag I spy sitting at the back...

"Luke et the saiyeez ev thet lads heed!"
Yep...no one else has a melon like mine! :oops: Who else could it be?! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
windbag wrote:
Photoguy2910 wrote:
Is that Windbag I spy sitting at the back...

"Luke et the saiyeez ev thet lads heed!"
Yep...no one else has a melon like mine! :oops: Who else could it be?! :lol:


Eye, that's some scone on yeh, yah baldie heedit windbag :wink: coudnie really git tha wan wrang eh :lol:

Need to get a pic of you shooting too, what you using for the FT?

_________________
My shooting pix :- http://www.freewebs.com/fthftshootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:47 pm
Posts: 1726
Location: canada
Photoguy2910 wrote:
what you using for the FT?

Shot that match with my Diana 54. My regular FT rig is an AA Pro Sport but I'm toying with the idea of shooting at least one HFT match with my Benjamin Sheridan G397 and Williams peep sight. Those hunter guys with the open sights looked like they were having too much fun! :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
Shoot an HFT with open sights... now theres a thought, don't think anyone has tried that here, might be a first.

Would need another gun though as all mine have scopes and no open shghts

_________________
My shooting pix :- http://www.freewebs.com/fthftshootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:36 am 
Offline
Site sponsor and moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:38 pm
Posts: 5335
Location: Southern Ontario
Photoguy2910 wrote:
Shoot an HFT with open sights... now theres a thought, don't think anyone has tried that here, might be a first.

Would need another gun though as all mine have scopes and no open shghts


RVD and I shot HFT on Saturday with peep sights on a Diana48, it was a whole lot of fun.... :D

_________________
    Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 420
Location: Ontario
Photoguy2910 wrote:
Shoot an HFT with open sights... now theres a thought, don't think anyone has tried that here, might be a first.

Would need another gun though as all mine have scopes and no open shghts


Our Hunter scoring system here in Canada is much more friendly for open site shooters:
- 1 point for a target hit
- 2 points when the target falls
- 0 for no target hit

_________________
Canadian Airgun Field Target Association (CAFTA)
CAFTA Governor
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
CJN wrote:
Our Hunter scoring system here in Canada is much more friendly for open site shooters:
- 1 point for a target hit
- 2 points when the target falls
- 0 for no target hit


Thats the same as HFT here, it's only FT that has 1 point for a fall and nothing for anything else

_________________
My shooting pix :- http://www.freewebs.com/fthftshootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 420
Location: Ontario
Photoguy2910 wrote:
CJN wrote:
Our Hunter scoring system here in Canada is much more friendly for open site shooters:
- 1 point for a target hit
- 2 points when the target falls
- 0 for no target hit


Thats the same as HFT here, it's only FT that has 1 point for a fall and nothing for anything else


That's good to know. I was not aware of that.

How do you all make out detecting target hits? I find it difficult to be 100 percent certain occasionally. Most of the time its clear, but periodically its difficult to tell. Usually when other hard object are around the target, or another gun loud gun fires at the same time.

_________________
Canadian Airgun Field Target Association (CAFTA)
CAFTA Governor
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
CJN wrote:

How do you all make out detecting target hits? I find it difficult to be 100 percent certain occasionally. Most of the time its clear, but periodically its difficult to tell. Usually when other hard object are around the target, or another gun loud gun fires at the same time.


Normally the person that is marking the card will watch the target, you can normally see the pellet splash and I find the sound is quite destinctive too but if you do miss it, sometimes just asking... "Where did that go???" is ok, most shooters that I know are honest. And if totally in doubt, you can just get them to have another go :wink:

_________________
My shooting pix :- http://www.freewebs.com/fthftshootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 am
Posts: 44
Location: Ontario
Photoguy2910 wrote:
windbag wrote:
Photoguy2910 wrote:
Is that Windbag I spy sitting at the back...

"Luke et the saiyeez ev thet lads heed!"
Yep...no one else has a melon like mine! :oops: Who else could it be?! :lol:


Eye, that's some scone on yeh, yah baldie heedit windbag :wink: coudnie really git tha wan wrang eh :lol:

Need to get a pic of you shooting too, what you using for the FT?


Do I take it from the above that Windbag is no' frae these pairts? Izz he wan o' they Glesca folks, mebbe? Ur izze a teuchter? Nowt wrang wi' thon, mind.

Could be Scouse, no? Gie's a hint, mon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:47 pm
Posts: 1726
Location: canada
Waisted wrote:
Do I take it from the above that Windbag is no' frae these pairts?

No...just that I wear a size 7 3/8's" hat! :lol:

_________________
“You don't get anywhere by standing on the sidelines waiting for somebody else to take action.” Please join the CSSA today!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
windbag wrote:
Waisted wrote:
Do I take it from the above that Windbag is no' frae these pairts?



Windbag is an honorary jock :D

_________________
My shooting pix :- http://www.freewebs.com/fthftshootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO