Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:00 pm 

Spent the day trying to work some kinks out of my FT rig, and after spending the day shooting at all ranges from 10 yards to 55 yards, I have yet to determine if it is the gun/scope combo - or me - LOL !!!! The target cards are 8.5" x 8.5", and supported by "recycled" old wire coat hangers. They are set at 5 yard intervals from 10 yards on. The target dots are .750" dia.

LS pic: a view from the shooting position, right at the base of my deck stairs.
RS pic: a better view from the deck. The red dots at the bushline are 125 yards from my shooting position. My property continues approximately 330 yards back from that bushline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:19 pm 

I spent the morning setting the range markings on my scope. My eyes have changed some and so has my prescription in my glasses. The longer ranges especially were off quite a bit. I had the last range at 45 yards just outside the curb on the road looking from the back of my back yard. No shooting at all.

Someone could have been company in the back yard of someone else. I still need to mark the 50 and 55 on Saturday morning, if it is not raining too hard. :cry:

I taped my little scope chart with #8 font on the front of a target and was reading it at 45 yards. For the close ones, I know I am in focus when I can see the texture of the paper or the cardboard backer.

I'm digging out all the tarps I can find for Saturday. Weather forecast is not too promising at this time. I should be able to cover all ten shooting boxes. I need this match to get ready for next week in Kentucky.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:47 pm 

Mac wrote:
Someone could have been company in the back yard of someone else.
My bad - never occurred to me to call you :oops: . Sorry. I figured you were good to go.
It looked like I was going to get rained on for a while early on, but then the sun came out.

I'm digging out all the tarps I can find for Saturday. Weather forecast is not too promising at this time. I should be able to cover all ten shooting boxes.
Channel 11 news has reduced the chance of rain for Saturday to 30% - but all them weather forcasters lie :twisted: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:57 pm 

Mac wrote:

Someone could have been company in the back yard of someone else. I still need to mark the 50 and 55 on Saturday morning, if it is not raining too hard. :cry:

Don't feel bad, Supr never invites "company" over to his backyard. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:30 am 

Those pics make me jealous Supr!!!
I have to drive almost an hour out to my father's place to have the space to shoot.
I did some quick testing on Monday to try and sort out my click chart issues at 35+yards.
Initial results show I have been out by as much as 4 clicks this whole season :? That would explain a few things! :lol:
See you guys tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:58 pm 

rvd wrote:
Mac wrote:

Don't feel bad, Supr never invites "company" over to his backyard. :lol:

Sure I do - but I have to maintain a minimum standard... :P :P :lol: :lol: .

Are we going to see you at Port Colborne for the FT shoot tomorrow rvd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:07 pm 

A minimum standard? thanks Supr

Can't make it tomorrow.. It's my Birthday tomorrow so i'll be away.. If there's another match in port i'll come down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:20 pm 

Your shooting area looks amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:51 pm 

Next match in Port is October 4th.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:45 pm 

Guess I meet the minimum standard...Its obviously not all that high!

It was good shooting with you today, Supr. I was really feeling bad for you with the gun trouble. Been there donte that hated it LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:22 pm 

canshooter wrote:
Guess I meet the minimum standard...Its obviously not all that high!
:lol: Rvd has been out too, just not this summer. Can't set the standards too high, or I'll disqualify myself.. :P :lol: .

It was good shooting with you today, Supr. I was really feeling bad for you with the gun trouble. Been there donte that hated it LOL.
'Twas a pleasure squadding with you as well. I did a chrony check, and all was good there, and I went over every fastener on the scope mount, and all were as they should be, so I remain thoroughly confused.... :? :x .
Hopefully I'll have one gun or the other ready to go for the next match.. :roll: :lol: .