Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:05 am 

Hey guys, I was on the yellow forum field target section and noticed a thread about "auto setting" field targets. There aren't any pictures or links to the website. Does anyone have a good link to these? How do they work?... electronically?... mechanically?
I am just curious and like to see new innovations when ever possible.

Thank you for your help,

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:37 am 

There were a few of them being used as demonstrators at the US FT Nationals in Kentucky this year and they are completely mechanical. They were created by Brad Troyer and he intends to produce about 50 "when he gets the time". He is a very busy guy.

FT clubs all over the States have been in line for one of those as well as the a couple of people representing clubs in Canada. He intends to spread the first batch out and just sell one per club. After that, I have not heard what his plans are. Judging from the interest, there certainly is a market out there, but I do not know if Brad will have the time to make them himself.

They functioned flawlessly in Kentucky and were shot with low and high power guns at various distances. As a practice target or a target for the sight in range at a match, they certainly would be hard to beat.

There were links quite some time ago on the yellow ft and dephi ft forums that had a video demo on it. I did not save the link, but if I do come across it, I will post it here.

Tim