Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 am 

The date for the Canadian Nationals has been set for Saturday and Sunday, July 25th and 26th at the Elmira Rod & Gun Club and will be hosted by the Waterloo Field Target Club. The club will also be open on Friday the 24th for course setup and for sight in.

I think a few people were a little intimidated by the title of this match and did not attend in 2008. Ask anyone that has been to one of these matches and they will tell you it is just a match like many others but it lasts two days and you get food. If you attend, I am sure you will be glad you did.

The match will be two days, with 60 shots per day as usual. Particulars on the match and meals will be sent out once plans are finalized.

For more information, contact the match director, George Harde at:

geolis@rogers.com

Thanks.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Last year's FT season was the first for me.... Every match was a hoot to shoot and I for one am looking forward to next season...
The Canadian Nationals is a bonus, you get to shoot two 60 shoot matches over a weekend.... :supz:

If you ever wanted to take advantage of a great place to shoot your air guns with loads of like minded folks in a structured setting, then this is the sport for you....Enjoy!!!.... 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:45 pm 

Mac wrote:
...the Canadian Nationals has been set for Saturday and Sunday, July 25th and 26th...The club will also be open on Friday the 24th for course setup and for sight in.

Any half decent motels in Elmira? All that driving will eat into my shootin' time! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:48 pm 

Dennis and I have stayed here for many years past. The price continues to rise each year as they ad to it and upgrade it. The website says $144 a night if there are no discounts. Usually we get a CAA discount, but usually there are too few staying there to get a match discount.

http://www.destinationinn.com/inn.html

They have a good continental breakfast and nice rooms. They have added an indoor swimming pool and fitness area. It is located right across the road from the Conestoga Mall, just off the 85 on King Street in Waterloo. It is about ten minutes from the club.

Some have gone to smaller places and paid less, but I guess a search on the net may turn something up.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:02 am 

Here's the Website to the Elmira Rod and Gun Club ...

Google Map
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... =8&iwloc=A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:57 am 

The map on the ER&GC site is much better than it use to be. The Google link gets you into the town of Elmira and from the ER&GC site, that map will get you to the club.

I will be sending out an information package once I have firmed up everything with the match directors from Waterloo. That will include a hand drawn map from the 401 and detailed, turn by turn written directions as well.

For now, I wanted people to know the date so it can go on their planning calendars. Lots more details will follow, including a registration form.

If you copy and paste the numbers below into the Google search and hit maps it will show you the driveway of the club. Switch to satellite and you will be able to see the club.

43.615526,-80.603439

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:45 pm 

i am going! i can't wait. it will be my first time and i can't think of a better thing to do for my 40th birthday!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:31 pm 

godsforlife wrote:
i am going! i can't wait. it will be my first time and i can't think of a better thing to do for my 40th birthday!

That's great to hear. You will have a great time. I take it you mean your first Nationals match.

There will be at least two matches before then, just down the road from you in Port. I hope to see you there as we tune up for the Nationals.

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:49 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

windbag wrote:
Mac wrote:
...the Canadian Nationals has been set for Saturday and Sunday, July 25th and 26th...The club will also be open on Friday the 24th for course setup and for sight in.

Any half decent motels in Elmira? All that driving will eat into my shootin' time! :wink:

I HIGHLY recommend using priceline.com and it's 'name your own price' feature. You set the price and the area, and it'll see if you get it. The catch is a) if you do get a hotel for that price, you're credit card is charged right away and there's no refunds b) you don't know exactly what hotel you get (but you do select a star rating, so if you choose 3 star, you get a 3 star.

All in all, everyone I know who uses it (including me) is able to get a room for well less than half their listed price. It's a US site, so it's in USD, but still worth it. I've stayed in the Sheridan in Toronto for $50USD and there rates start at $190USD. I'm in Buffalo next week for $50USD and the room is normally $119... it's well worth it - for car rentals too, I'm saving over $130USD on a week long rental through priceline.com

In any case Bill, I bet you and I end up sharing a room again, just don't fall asleep at 8:20pm again..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

So what happens to whoever wins? Do they get to compete in a bigger FT competition?

CZ

FX Streamline .22, Benjamin Discovery .22, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Webley Alecto .22, Weihrauch HW40, Beretta PX4, Crosman 22XX .22, Colt Peacemaker BB, Beeman P17, Gamo 45

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 pm 

CZ-Sniper wrote:
So what happens to whoever wins? Do they get to compete in a bigger FT competition?

CZ

Winners have the distinction of being the Canadian National Champion, and a plaque to commemorate their accomplishment. That's it. Then try to defend it in the following years.

The Canadian National Championship is the largest match in Canadian Field Target.

Canadian shooters are free to travel to the US and compete in their matches, including he US National Championship, held it Texas this year.

One step further would be to go to the World Field Target Championship match, help in South Africa this year.

Are you interested in shooting a Field Target match CZ-Sniper? I would love to see you give it a try.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

CJN wrote:
CZ-Sniper wrote:

CZ

Winners have the distinction of being the Canadian National Champion, and a plaque to commemorate their accomplishment. That's it. Then try to defend it in the following years.

The Canadian National Championship is the largest match in Canadian Field Target.

Canadian shooters are free to travel to the US and compete in their matches, including he US National Championship, held it Texas this year.

One step further would be to go to the World Field Target Championship match, help in South Africa this year.

Are you interested in shooting a Field Target match CZ-Sniper? I would love to see you give it a try.

Wow thanks for the info!

I am actually really interested in participating in a match. This would be my first match though. I am getting a really nice scope for FT... It's a new hit in the U.K and it is the MTC Viper 10x44mm specialized reticle scope with a sidewheel! I will mount it on my discovery, but my only concern is that it's shooting JSB 16 grainers at 24 Ft/lbs, which is over the allowed limit... Thanks for inviting me to the match; I really hope to make it.

CZ

FX Streamline .22, Benjamin Discovery .22, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Webley Alecto .22, Weihrauch HW40, Beretta PX4, Crosman 22XX .22, Colt Peacemaker BB, Beeman P17, Gamo 45

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:07 pm 

Wow thanks for the info!

I am actually really interested in participating in a match. This would be my first match though. I am getting a really nice scope for FT... It's a new hit in the U.K and it is the MTC Viper 10x44mm specialized reticle scope with a sidewheel! I will mount it on my discovery, but my only concern is that it's shooting JSB 16 grainers at 24 Ft/lbs, which is over the allowed limit... Thanks for inviting me to the match; I really hope to make it.

CZ

Your welcome for the information.

I have seen those scopes. They look good, and should work well on your Hunter FT gun. The Hunter Division allows up to 16x magnification (more is better in FT).

You will need to power down your Discovery to just under 20fpe to compete. It should be easy to do. If you need help let me know.

You should try to make it to a regular match that will be held at Port Colborne before the Canadian Nationals. There are scheduled for May 16 and June 20.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm 

Fast approaching..... :shock: :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:55 pm 

Oh how I wish I could be there... if I was and I won would I still be the Canadian champion, with me not being Canadian???

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08