Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 pm 

Highlights of Rule/Guideline Changes and Additions for 2009

1) Hunter Division

a) Adjustable butt pad must be in the neutral position, vertically. This is added to the existing rule under Classifications in Hunter Division, section E.

b) The maximum magnification on the scope has been changed to sixteen times from the former fifteen times. Rule under Classifications in Hunter Division, section C.

c) The use of monopods has been added with the following restrictions. Monopods will not be attached to the rifle in any way nor will they be driven into the ground. They will have a restricted surface size on the top, to rest the rifle on. The base will be circular and have a maximum and minimum diameter. The monopod will not have any additional attachments to it that give lateral or longitudinal support to the rifle or shooter. Rule under Classifications in Hunter Division, section K.

2) Limited Classes

a) The limited subclasses will cease to exist and be replaced by an International Division. The Division will have PCP and Piston classes and the rules of the World Field Target Federation (WFTF) will be followed. The name changes and the power limit of 12 ft/lb is the only real change in rules from the Limited Subclasses. Rule in Classification section.

3) Unlimited PCP and Piston Divisions

a) There will now be an Open Division with PCP and Piston Classes. There are no rule changes, just a renaming as Open Division. Rule in Classification section.

4) All Divisions

a) The shooting area will be expanded left and right by width of shooting box if terrain allows. Torso must be behind the front of the shooting pad, but not necessarily on it.
This will be part of the Match Guidelines for match directors.

b) Timers will be used at the Canadian Nationals. One minute per shot plus one minute preparation will be the formula used. Seven minutes would be allowed for a typical three target, six shot lane. Timers start when the shooter enters the lane, as outlined by the match directors. This will be written into the rules in section 11.

c) A chart has been created that will suggest the maximum distances that particular size hit zones should be placed at during a CAFTA match. This will be in the Match Guidelines for match directors.

To see the full shooting rules and more go to http://www.caftahome.com and follow the links

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:40 pm 

Could you please post the suggested range chart for different KZ sizes in this thread?.... Thanks....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 pm 

Regarding the time limit, if my shot is away in 45 seconds do I now have 1 minute 15 seconds for my next shot?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:09 am 

windbag wrote:
Regarding the time limit, if my shot is away in 45 seconds do I now have 1 minute 15 seconds for my next shot?
Wondering the same thing.... :?:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:00 am 

When you sit down on a lane with three targets and six total shots, you have seven minutes to complete all three shots. You can sit and wait and take all three in the last minute, or you can take all shots within two minutes. As long as you have all six shots done before the seven minutes runs out, you're good. It starts all over when you sit down on the next lane. The formula is only used to calculate the total time for the lane. A two taget, four shot lane would have a time limit of five minutes total. Each shot is not timed, just the time to complete all shots on the lane for each individual shooter.

This is needed at the larger matches to keep things moving. If someone takes a great amount of time to get all their gear on, then takes a long time to range find, then waits until the wind dies down, etc, that can add up over ten lanes. A typical two man group is going to take about fifteen minutes to complete a lane and finish a 60 shot match in about two and a half hours. We have seen 60 shot matches take well over four hours. At the Nationals, we are usually forced to have three person squads which means a lane time of 21-23 minutes, resulting in a match just under four hours if we have the timers. Without them, it can be a real long day.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:04 am 

rsterne wrote:
Could you please post the suggested range chart for different KZ sizes in this thread?.... Thanks....

Bob

Bob, I am pretty sure that Keyrigger is waiting on some distance numbers from the British association, so that our numbers can match what is being used at their matches for the kneeling and offhand lanes. The chart is mostly complete and there should be no problem posting it here once we have those numbers and have plugged them in.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:39 pm 

Thanks for the explaination Mac, I like the idea of timers, and will start practicing with one as soon as my scope arrives :roll: