Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:36 am 

I just bought a box of the gamo targets to try with my silent trap. I attached them with a clip at the top so they hang down over the duct seal. Perfect crisp holes with my non-pal rifle. The paper they are printed on is awesome! I wish I had tried them before. I'm drawing some extra aim points on them with a sharpie Or shooting the 6s on the target from 10 meters to add some extra aim points. Wonder if I can feed them through my inkjet printer to print some small targets on the backside?
Anyway, I'll recommend these if you want clean holes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:50 am 

lobo3603 wrote:
try using 110 lb paper (card stock ) I have no problem with tear outs since I started using the heaver paper

Where can I get 110lb? Staples Express does not carry it, at least not ours.

Tim

Air Pistol
Air Rifle
Powder burner
Hunter, Compound bow, Crossbow
Ah heck I shoot 'em all!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:14 pm 

I wish I could find stuff like this in Canada: http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/custom/

Prices aren't terrible if you can ship within the US and go pick them up, but local would be better.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:35 pm 

Before you get the heavy paper/cardstock, read the specs for your printer.
Some printers cannot handle the heavy stuff, so don't go and damage your printer.
The lighter 60 pound cardstock seems to work OK for me.

I backup my 20 pound copy paper with cardboard, and as was mentioned I have to move the target around the backer, so I'm shooting on clean backer. Once the backer is shot up, the copy paper will start to tear. It is amazing how fast you can collect cardboard for target backers when you pay attention to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 pm 

notec wrote:
I use a hole punch........pre punch all the holes and aim around the target. And I always act suprised how well my groupings are.......even out at 1000000 yards.

hahahahahahahahahahaha - that's like the farm kid, who shoots a .22 into a fence post, the draws a perfect circle around the hole with a marker - they're all exactly in the middle of the circle - shows amazing accuracy to anyone driving by. HA! I was the farm kid. hahahahahahahahaha