Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:32 am 

windbag wrote:
Crap! Crap and double Crap! I have to be at a wedding that day! I'll probably send my factory customized 2240 that I posted about here a little while ago, down with one of the regular FT guys for someone to shoot the match with if they want...I'll supply the pistol (with scope), pellets, CO2 and case...
Have fun guys!

Braden would love you for it. Do you trust him? Maybe with a little oversight?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:11 am 

CJN wrote:
Braden would love you for it. Do you trust him? Maybe with a little oversight?

No problems Chris. I hope he kicks butt with it! :twisted: I'll try and get some elevation info for him and send it down in the case with Pirellip...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 pm 

windbag wrote:
I'll try and get some elevation info for him and send it down in the case with Pirellip...

Sorry, Tom P is not able to make this match so some other arrangement would have to be made in order to get the pistol to the match. Maybe Don or Ted?

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Mac wrote:
windbag wrote:
I'll try and get some elevation info for him and send it down in the case with Pirellip...

Sorry, Tom P is not able to make this match so some other arrangement would have to be made in order to get the pistol to the match. Maybe Don or Ted?

Tim

Tim's right Windbag, I'll be in Peterborough that day, so unless something dramatic changes- like my wife and her family suddenly catching the pistol FT bug and deciding to go on a road trip- I will not be able to attend, sorry. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise though!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:54 pm 

Ah, windbag, I'm so sad to hear that. U know your post inspired me to build the BEHEMOTH, after all. -It was a sort of CO2 vs. Pumper experiment I am just crazy enough to want to compare. First time out ..... That's CRAZY !!!!
If NOBODY else want's to take you up on your extremely generous offer it might be interesting to shoot half the match with my Pumper & then TOTALLY swap to gas for the second half, (got my own gas) - but I would actually like for somebody to take you up on that offer & make a full-match comparison of the overall behaviour of the " similar" builds.
- It's bound to be a fun outing, so I hope more folks will make an effort to come out.

WOO HOO ! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:02 pm 

If you guys can make it work for the Big B it would be perfect. I will even bring the GAS. That kid matched my hunter score early one time for both of us & I know he will give that build both respect & do justice with his score. Keep bringin' it ON Kids. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:47 am 

Hey guys,

Will the match go on rain or shine?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 am 
Supporting Member 2009

rywil wrote:
Hey guys,

The match will happen rain or shine. It there's a chance of rain, typically there will be tarps setup over the shooting areas so there is some cover.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 am 

rywil wrote:
Hey guys,

The forecast certainly has changed for a day or so ago. I hope it changes again, for the better of course.

I will be out there Friday putting up tarps over all the lane boxes and we will get the 10' X 20' canopies up on the sight in range. So rain will not stop us and the forecast does not call for high winds or lightning.

I'll be there ready to go. If you have a plastic case for your pistol or an old brief case, you can take it out under the tarp and put it away while still under and it should not get wet at all. There will probably be six groups shooting and ten tarps on the course, so keeping fairly dry should not be a problem. Since we only need 25 yd maximum distance, we will use ten lanes that are close together to limit even more the time spent between lanes.

See you Saturday.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:41 pm 

I'll drop that pistol off to someone that's heading down...maybe Keyrigger or Sniper? Just don't let Powderkeg near it as he might knock it from Braden's hand in a fit of jealousy! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:22 pm 

Hey Windbag, I've never said this aloud before, but I do appreciate your good sense of Humor. You made me laugh out loud on that one.
yet, I woud NEVER do that to a Kid; .... YOU maybe, but NOT a Kid. :axe: ... :wink:

-It is VERY decent of you to offer that up for someone to use, & I really think the Kid can EASILY do justice by that build, I was looking forward to comparing performance between our rigs, as i was won over by the post you made & the obvious accuracy of the walther barrel; match grade, after all, & my 2289 wasn't quite cutting it accuracy-wise no matter which length regular crosman barrel i put on it. I ALMOST went 2240 like yours but decided it would be MORE FUN to build a 1377 pumper to pit against it. " Olde - School- Me" just Look how I spell OLDE !!!
Too bad you can't make it out Sat. yourself, but I'm SURE the Big B will give me a run for my money with your rig. Meanwhile mine is shooting Spot on @ approx.13yds, I would have liked to sight in @ 15-ish but no more room INDOORS at work. It's all up to the shooter on match day as usual, we could have rain & some wind to contend with on Sat. But I think both rigs are going to perform about the same power, & accuracy -wise.

Braden obviously loves this sport as much as some of us can still remember WE did, & the first time i saw how Gung-Ho he is on match days, I Nic-named him the Big B. I hope it sticks. He MATCHED my score in adult hunter one day 85pts. I think. I was impressed. It'd be fun to shoot with him on Sat. & if the Guys are willing to set a group or two of 3 Shooters I will bring my Vid-Cam & show you how yer rig does .

Good On You for your generosity.

Cheers - :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:48 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Mac wrote:
rywil wrote:
Hey guys,

The forecast certainly has changed for a day or so ago. I hope it changes again, for the better of course.
So rain will not stop us and the forecast does not call for high winds or lightning.

Nevermind the rain, we'll shoot in-door ...... in the club house ..... lol ....
Mac wrote:
Since we only need 25 yd maximum distance, we will use ten lanes that are close together to limit even more the time spent between lanes.
See you Saturday.
Tim

with the old eyesight and using iron sight, we only need 10 -15 yards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:38 pm 

You are certainly right about the eyes. As a kid, opens sights at 30 or 40 yards seemed just fine. Now? :shock:

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:24 pm 

windbag wrote:
I'll drop that pistol off to someone that's heading down...maybe Keyrigger or Sniper? Just don't let Powderkeg near it as he might knock it from Braden's hand in a fit of jealousy! :lol:

Thanks so much Windbag. Braden is sleeping over tonight...his parents just left.

You should have seen his face when I broke the good news to him tonight. He lit right up, and is soooo excited. I know what he will be dreaming about.

Thanks again for being so willing to share. It means a lot.

Sorry you won't be there is person, but I know you will be there in thought.

Take care.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:13 pm 

I had a great time shooting and chatting it up with everyone yesterday! I hope to get out for another match sometime soon. Maybe even get my score a little closer to Don!! :lol:

Thanks for making us feel welcome!

Ryan