Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:21 pm 

I am so disappointed to say that i had trouble with the new memory stick in my video camera & could not retrieve all the Good video of the great targets falling and More of Saturdays extremely FUN pistol match that I took. I used it successfully once so far with an also new card reader, so I thought all would be well. Now even the Camera keeps telling me to re-insert the memory stick. I don't know what happened & I'm SO P.O'd!
If anybody has any ideas about trying to retrieve the info at all, before just returning it? Can latent info be recovered if somehow messed up or deleted? Where would one Go? It's a Lexar ProDuo Mark 2 Magic Gate 16gig card & even my PSP uses them but says to re-insert.
Any clues would be appreciated as I'm at my wit's END.
I was able to get my stills off the flash-card so I made a short clip of some of the fun anyway. Take a peek-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HzH3IXWfdo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:08 pm 

Great pics PK. Fun to watch and listen as usual. Thanks.

Maybe Canshooter will post some of his pics and video.

I''l get the results up shortly. I will post results, then a short write-up later.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:36 pm 

Looks like you guys had a great time!
Powderkeg...what version of iMovie are you using? '09?
I like some of the transitions.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:51 pm 
Admin-2-IC

VERY NICE ... THANKS.
SNIPER.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:24 pm 

Great job PK! I obviously missed a good time :(
Hope everyone shows up to the next one too...I'd like a close up of a few of those pistols!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:44 pm 

Thanks guys, it was the best i could do with the stills, and I have to thank EW who took the shoot-off pics while i took vids. I had virtually EVERY target going down-clear&zoomed close up- AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG !!!!!!!
ANYHOW, ... Pumpmaster; I just checked -& my MacBook Pro came pre-loaded with i-Movie '09 vers 8.0.4 (807)
I also checked out an add-on program called i-Life that was supplied & almost All the great jingles,music & sound effects are there(limited in i-movie) but none of the folders had transitions or themes like the comic book, so they MUST be part of the movie software.
Any idea what i can do about my memory stick? I've heard of hard drive info that was deleted being restored, anybody?
Cheers, -PK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm 

The one I used I think was caller Imagerescue (you can down load it, found stuff I had deleated from ages ago). Think this is it http://imagerescue.software.informer.com/3.0/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix/

http://www.freewebs.com/shootingpix08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 pm 

Photoguy- Thanks for that info, I spent some time with the free trials, (nuts where they don't belong), but NOTHING is recognizing a memory chip present. Both Vid Cam, & PSP say re-insert Memstik, & via the Card-Reader, the Mac says This computer does not read that type of Disk.- Meanwhile the Same Card Reader will easily work with OTHER cards/chips. So, the Only thing I can think is it is one of two reasons.
1) - When i took the card out of the Cam, put it into slot Two of the card-reader, carefully & it didn't read the vid as 1 other time-new- with the Li'l Rascal target vid, i eventually unplugged it & got a warning about info corruption. Did it Delete the Formatting? = No recognition. ... OR ...
2) - Could One of the several electronic Contact-points be flattened, not allowing one of them to make contact, thus = No Recognition. -?????
This is my present Dilemma, I Would like So Much to save that info I even bought a copy of software that Should have worked, But NOTHING AT ALL recognizes that NEW Chip all of a sudden.
? Did I accept an APPLE/Mac software UPDATE that reamed me out of using a generic card-reader to copy SONY/Windows/P.C. based VIDS i took MYSELF onto My Mac???? - It's the only possibility of three via process of elimination.

Thank's Again folks - a response to a thread is NOT thread-jacking. Unless U-R-an-Arsewipe. Not naming any names ....guess .... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:44 pm 

I had that problem once with an sd card, tried another reader and it worked fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:03 am 

I actually tried it in a different reader that I kept even though I bent the pins in the Flash-card slot - the other slots are fine - still no luck. The worse part is that my Camera won't recognize it, rendering it useless. I'm just trying to save my info before returning it.
If I can find time this weekend I might try my local Camera/Future Shop. I know they won,t have a CLUE where I bought it. (Wal-mart)
Thanks for that tip anyway Canshooter.