Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:53 am 

See how things can change in a matter of hours?

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0552

Forecast for Port Colborne, Saturday November 07 (as of Sunday Nov. 01, 8:50am).

No point focusing on long range forcast. But I do like this forcast much better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:09 pm 

Match Reminder

*Second Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match*

Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Second E.F. Annual Hunter Match will again be held at the Port Colborne & District Conservation Club.

The match will consist of 68 shots on twelve lanes. There will only be two choices for shooting categories; these are Junior and Adult Hunter.

The gates will be open by 8:00AM and the sight in range should be hot by 9:30AM. The shooters meeting will start at 10:45AM and the match will start by 11:00AM. These times will be followed as closely as possible, since the time will have changed already and we do not want to be pulling targets and cleaning up in the dark.

The chili and bread will be served after the match. If you want to bring a thermos mug with you for the hot chocolate, feel free.

Please let us know as soon as you can if you will or will not be able to attend. Awards will be ordered on the Wednesday morning, November 4th, based on replies we have at that time.

At present we only have 13 adults confirmed and one junior. Maybe some are assuming I know that they are coming, but I have only confirmed on the list those that have contacted me.

Thanks.

Chris N., Dennis E. and Tim
PCFTC Match Directors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:48 pm 
Admin-2-IC

CJN wrote:
See how things can change in a matter of hours?

That is so true , it could be worst with Thunder and lightning mix with wet snow and hail and 200 km/h wind ..... lol.....

Here is the proper attire ........ can be added with snow suit for next weekend .... can't go wrong ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:27 pm 

Wow! Great response today. Thanks.

Numbers are up to 21 adult and 4 junior shooters. Going to be a great day.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:31 pm 

Mac wrote:

Tim

Ive never been out to a FT match yet, do you think it would be worth it to go with a modified Phantom???

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:52 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

jgoodz420 wrote:
Mac wrote:

Tim

Ive never been out to a FT match yet, do you think it would be worth it to go with a modified Phantom???

This would be an ideal match to attend with a Phantom.... Power limit is set to <20fpe, that's like a .22 CAL 15.9grain JSB @ 750fps or a Crosman 14.3 @ 790fps, or in .177 CAL shooting a standard JSB 8.4grain pellet, it would work out to 1000fps... Any air rifle shooting within the <20fpe spec should be good to go!... :shock: :mrgreen:
I'm betting if you can make it out, you'll have a great time....
PM MAC and let him know you'll be part of the Elmer Fudd hunting camp... 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:22 pm 

I've never attended an FT meet but I think a tuned Phantom would do a great job they're not terribly hold sensitive and quite accurate. I love my Phantom they're solid consistent shooters.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:04 am 

jgoodz420 wrote:
This is a great match to just come out and shoot whatever you've got (as long as it's within the power limit) Kill zones will be larger than usual, and a few of us will be bringing out guns that don't come out for "regular" matches. I'm leaving the PCP and big scope at home to try a match with a pumper and open sights :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:26 pm 

What's the point competing if my HW97 and my HW100 have no sights built in and if I take my scopes off, there is no way really I can point properly and shoot. If I keep them on I would have an advantage from the guys that are not using their sights. :x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:38 pm 

Pumpmaster wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:
This is a great match to just come out and shoot whatever you've got (as long as it's within the power limit) Kill zones will be larger than usual, and a few of us will be bringing out guns that don't come out for "regular" matches. I'm leaving the PCP and big scope at home to try a match with a pumper and open sights :shock:

Yeah I think I may bring my Condor too, and run it at 700psi..........But it will have to be filled every 12 shots or so, not sure if that will be possible during the match or not???? I will bring the Phantom too I think.......

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:54 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Pumpmaster wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:

Yeah I think I may bring my Condor too, and run it at 700psi..........But it will have to be filled every 12 shots or so, not sure if that will be possible during the match or not???? I will bring the Phantom too I think.......

Hey there. Got your PM.

If you have to run it down to 700psi to get the velocity down to 750, I would just use your Phantom for the match, and keep the Condor for fun shooting on the range. You can carry your air along with you in the bush, but you will need to fill 6 times during the match, and your velocity will be dropping from shot 1 to shot 12 of each fill. Too much hassle, and maybe too easy to be over the 20fpe limit as you are right at it at 750, and we know there is shot to shot variation.

It is too bad there was not a easy way to bring the power down and fill to normal pressures. It would be fun to shoot it sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:55 pm 

ArkBark wrote:
What's the point competing if my HW97 and my HW100 have no sights built in and if I take my scopes off, there is no way really I can point properly and shoot. If I keep them on I would have an advantage from the guys that are not using their sights. :x

Personally I would keep them on then, :D .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:03 pm 

Yeah it creates a problem.........I will just wait until I have some talon parts to put in the Condor to slow it down; the only way to "easily" lower its velocity is if you put a AF talon tank, barrel and end cap on it. That slows it down and makes the power adjustment more usable..........

Ill bring the Condor to shoot at the range, but I think Ill just use the phantom in the match then......

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:17 pm 

I just want to include this Canadian Government-Sponsored Web sight; ( probably the ONLY Useful one they have.) It is by far the BEST site for us Canadians when it comes to Watching the Weather - Instant, Up-to-date Radar for ANY area, & you gotta look at an approaching storm system using their infra-red Satellite view. :shock: 8)
I use this site ALL the time now for the MOST ACCURATE local forecasts, you can even get Marine & Flying specific info via this sight, & even weather History.
It's not like me to go out of my way to promote a Gov,t. Site- but I Know Y'all can benefit from this link. Be sure to return to this thread & let me know what you think.
Looks O.K. for Saturday in Port Colborne as of tonight. :D

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/canada_e.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 pm 
Admin-2-IC

Now I have the attire prepare .....
$15.00 Rain suit and $ 18.00 poncho ......

ImageImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next