Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:39 pm 

ArkBark wrote:
What's the point competing if my HW97 and my HW100 have no sights built in and if I take my scopes off, there is no way really I can point properly and shoot. If I keep them on I would have an advantage from the guys that are not using their sights. :x

I may be misunderstanding you, but you can absolutely shoot with a scope at this match. A couple of us are choosing to use open sights. Don't worry about having the advantage, we're not worrying about winning :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:59 pm 

ArkBark wrote:
What's the point competing if my HW97 and my HW100 have no sights built in and if I take my scopes off, there is no way really I can point properly and shoot. If I keep them on I would have an advantage from the guys that are not using their sights. :x

Scopes up to 16 power are allowed. Just a couple of guys want to try open sights just for the fun of it. Definitely leave your scopes on your guns and come on out and have fun.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:32 pm 

sniper wrote:
Now I have the attire prepare .....
$15.00 Rain suit and $ 18.00 poncho ......

ImageImageImage

lol that is a sweet rain-suit 8) ......
Looks like I have an excuse to pull out the full camo suit yeah!!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:26 pm 

Somehow I don't think you guys are going to need 'em so much Tomorrow, - Unless you shoot Prone! :lol:
Boots ? - Yes
WARM clothes ? - Yeah, for the Morning, but you might end up wanting to shed a layer if it gets warmer than Today around Mid-Day.

Rain-Gear is Always good for Breaking the Wind, & more-so, when WET; ..... Unless, of course, you Break-Wind "IN" your Rain-Gear, & It's wet ... :shock: ... Now - that would become a very memorable occasion fer Ya !!! :shock: ... :butthead: ... :roll:

How OLDE AM I ??? :yawinkle: ... :toimonster:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:37 pm 

LOL I had to read that one over but I laughed.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:39 pm 

Just looked and it is supposed to be 11 degrees by 11:00AM and make it up to 13 in the afternoon. Wind is forecast to be 30 kph all day.

Range estimation and proper hold for wind will be what gets it done. There are 11 out of 12 lanes that can have targets at 45 yards and beyond and 6 of those can be 50+ yards.

The guys that are setting up lanes should probably bring boots. There are some wet areas on the trail, but if you walk on the edge, even shoes would be OK. I'll be wearing shoes for the match. Layered clothing would be good and a hoodie or hat might be advisable because of the constant wind.

For a November match, I am definitely not complaining. Going to be a great day. Four gallons of chili, 10 loaves of Italian bread, 4 dozen donuts and lots of hot chocolate will be part of the day as well. See the lucky folks in the morning.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:22 pm 

Could someone post the address of the club? I need it to put into my GPS :roll: ..........Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:40 pm 

Mac wrote:
Four gallons of chili, 10 loaves of Italian bread, 4 dozen donuts and lots of hot chocolate will be part of the day as well. See the lucky folks in the morning.

Tim

Ahhh...Fond memories of last years match! It was my first experience of FT and I had a blast! Hooked ever since. The Chili really hit the spot too! Looking forward to tomorrow.

See you all in the morning!

Daisy Powerline 717 (in bits and pieces LOL)
Daisy Powerline 953
2289G Lightly Modded
AR2078 - HPA with DFG Valve Stem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:20 pm 

First time coming out tomorrow, someone will have to show me how everything works out there. See you all tomorrow :drinkers:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:21 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Could someone post the address of the club? I need it to put into my GPS :roll: ..........Thanks

3757 2nd Concession, Port Colborne, ON

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:43 pm 

Mac wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:

Tim

Alright perfect, I should be there around 9:30 or 10:00.......Ill see you and everyone out there, and where exactly do we go to when we get there? Ive never been there...

-Joel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Mac wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:

Tim

Alright perfect, I should be there around 9:30 or 10:00.......Ill see you and everyone out there, and where exactly do we go to when we get there? Ive never been there...

-Joel

Someone will spot as new face and introduce themselves and it is real easy from there.

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:12 pm 
Admin-2-IC

It was a beautiful day after all .... just warm, sunny, and just a bit of wind , it was perfect day for EF shoot.
I think today was a better day than some of the days we had in summer FT match.

I'll be looking forward to shoot the next pistol match at our club Burlington .... Indoor .... heated .... yeah ....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:24 am 

Burlington heated...Well I guess technically it is but I think its just a clever optical illusion LOL. Well the EF was a resounding success, 32 shooters excellent conditions and a good time was had by all. Thanks to all the guys that helped cleanup targets and stuff at the end. It makes it much easier on Tim and Dennis who usually end up doing the lions share of the work at these events.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:05 am 

Perfect temperature, no bugs, big kill zones, lots of laughter, hot chili, fresh donuts and new friends and fellow shooters! Just doesn't get any better! Big thanks to Tim, Dennis and all those who made it possible!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next