Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:48 pm 

I am going to use my Benjamin Sheridan with iron sights. At the minute it looks like Pumpmaster might do the same. Id love to see a few other with irons sights to make it innerestin!

Let MAC Know as soon as you decide!

Canshooter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:17 pm 

canshooter wrote:
I am going to use my Benjamin Sheridan with iron sights. At the minute it looks like Pumpmaster might do the same. Id love to see a few other with irons sights to make it innerestin!

Let MAC Know as soon as you decide!

Canshooter

I was going to come out with a tuned Phantom, but I don't know if I should or not, I cant bring my Condor. I have never been out to one of the FT matches, so Im not sure if a Phantom is worth bringing..........

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:04 pm 

I dont know why you cant bring out your Condor unless it is in excess of 20 fpe, but certainly a phantom would be reasonable to shoot at our Elmer Fudd match on Nov 7.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:29 am 

canshooter wrote:
I dont know why you cant bring out your Condor unless it is in excess of 20 fpe, but certainly a phantom would be reasonable to shoot at our Elmer Fudd match on Nov 7.

Yeah the Condor hits 45-65FPE depending on the pellet.....If I had the co2 conversion I could do it, but then temperature becomes an issue.........Ill bring the Condor with me to have a little fun at the target/sighting range, some others can try it out too if interested.............

Alright, well, I'm going to go; Ive haven't been to one yet, so I'd really like to come out :lol:
Someone will have to "show me the ropes" as I have never been to a FT match :oops: .......

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:42 am 

canshooter wrote:
At the minute it looks like Pumpmaster might do the same. Id love to see a few other with irons sights to make it innerestin!

Yep, I'm bringing my new-to-me 392 with open sights. In fact, sighting it in before the match will be my first chance to shoot it :shock: Should be interesting.... :lol:
To jgoodz420 and any other new shooters - you will be paired up with an "experienced" FT shooter who will show you the ropes. There really aren't many things to get sorted out, and this match in particular will be very laid back. New shooters will feel very comfortable. As you can see by the equipment canshooter and I are bringing, these matches are much more about having fun, than worrying about who wins.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
canshooter wrote:
At the minute it looks like Pumpmaster might do the same. Id love to see a few other with irons sights to make it innerestin!

Yep, I'm bringing my new-to-me 392 with open sights. In fact, sighting it in before the match will be my first chance to shoot it :shock: Should be interesting.... :lol:
To jgoodz420 and any other new shooters - you will be paired up with an "experienced" FT shooter who will show you the ropes. There really aren't many things to get sorted out, and this match in particular will be very laid back. New shooters will feel very comfortable. As you can see by the equipment canshooter and I are bringing, these matches are much more about having fun, than worrying about who wins.

Alright that is perfect.......thanks for the info.
Cant wait to come out, sounds like it will be a great time.......

-Joel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:10 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Pumpmaster wrote:
canshooter wrote:

Alright that is perfect.......thanks for the info.
Cant wait to come out, sounds like it will be a great time.......

-Joel

It will be great to have you Joel.

I don't know if the Condor has an external power adjuster or easy to reach hammer spring adjustment, but if you can get the power down easily to below 20fpe, you can bring it. You may not have a chrony to test it or it may be more trouble then it is worth for you, but that is also an option.

Either way, you will have a great time I think.

Looking forward to meeting you.

ps- there is a guy coming from Waterloo. He MAY have room and you can ride together. That would save you a lot of driving. PM me if you are interested meeting up with him and I will contact him for you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:18 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Anyone who makes it out to Elmer Fudd match will get their chance to shoot at the rascally rabbit... :mrgreen:

Whatzzz Up???
:axe:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:37 am 

Looks good Parker! Unfortunately with the open sights I may be removing some of that nice paint on the faceplate :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Pumpmaster wrote:
Looks good Parker! Unfortunately with the open sights I may be removing some of that nice paint on the faceplate :oops:

No worrying about the paint allowed, the idea is to just come out and have fun!.... :lol:
It has a 1" KZ and won't get placed too far out there so good chance you'll bag your limit..... :tonqe: