Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
RC wrote:
jgoodz4 wrote:
airgunsource today informing me they just happen to have a MPR FT stock in!!!! (only 1 of them too, just for the other person who was asking but it sounds like they can order them in, and yes they are $150!!! very good deal for a adjustable AA walnut FT stock :shock: )


Excellent Score!

I'm tempted to pick up a .177 version but airgunsource just sent me an e-mail telling me they are trying to get some Daystate air rifles in the new year. Daystate builds to order I was told. I told airgunsouce I'm in for an Air Wolf MCT 8)



Nice, yeah Daystate makes some pretty amazing guns for sure. Probably a little out of my price range, but I would like to see what they can get too.............

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:28 am 
Offline
Supporting Member 2009
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:45 pm
Posts: 501
Location: Toronto, ON
jgoodz420 wrote:
Quote:
If you must then here's a vid on how to clean/polish the striker rod guide. The only dif is we don't have the anti-tamper and don't need to drill any thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Srn78Pz5TA&feature=fvw


So what exactly does that do? just smoother operation?


Polishing the striker rod will result in more consistent operation (less standard deviation). There is a bit of tuning you can do with this rifle, but it requires lots of patience, testing and time. The idea being you want x number of shots per fill with the smallest standard deviation and minimum extreme spread. The transfer port opening and the fill pressure is the key for this.

You'll probably want to shoot for 40 shots, so you can refill at the half way point. But if you can get 70 shots, that's great too. What size of 410 is this, the extra? Also, is it the bolt action of the side lever? Does it have the external power adjuster too?

Then you'll want to do the same thing for the 12ftlb setup (you may use a different pellet for the 12 ftlb setup too). Ideally, if you have an external power adjuster, once you figure everything out, you can just dial it to the 20ftlb setting, fill to the 20ftlb pressure and away you go. You can also do this for 12ftlb, and then again for a 'hunting' setting, which gives you say 10 or 20 shots at maximum power.

Of course you'd have to adjust your zero for each setting, but once you know what that zero is, it doesn't take long to make the change. It may be a good idea to go with a mil dot scope, so the Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24, as the 8-32x, doesn't have mil dots. This will allow you to use mil dots for your hunting and even you FT shooting (which is a fine way to shoot, many top shooters do this, as it's harder to mess up and be 'out a rotation')

That's great news about the MPR stock for that price, I once owned a left handed 10m MPR, I sold it as I was told the right handed stock would be A LOT more expensive that what you purchased yours for, good find!

_________________
Tom
CAFTA Governor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
pirellip wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:
Quote:
If you must then here's a vid on how to clean/polish the striker rod guide. The only dif is we don't have the anti-tamper and don't need to drill any thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Srn78Pz5TA&feature=fvw


So what exactly does that do? just smoother operation?


Polishing the striker rod will result in more consistent operation (less standard deviation). There is a bit of tuning you can do with this rifle, but it requires lots of patience, testing and time. The idea being you want x number of shots per fill with the smallest standard deviation and minimum extreme spread. The transfer port opening and the fill pressure is the key for this.

You'll probably want to shoot for 40 shots, so you can refill at the half way point. But if you can get 70 shots, that's great too. What size of 410 is this, the extra? Also, is it the bolt action of the side lever? Does it have the external power adjuster too?

Then you'll want to do the same thing for the 12ftlb setup (you may use a different pellet for the 12 ftlb setup too). Ideally, if you have an external power adjuster, once you figure everything out, you can just dial it to the 20ftlb setting, fill to the 20ftlb pressure and away you go. You can also do this for 12ftlb, and then again for a 'hunting' setting, which gives you say 10 or 20 shots at maximum power.

Of course you'd have to adjust your zero for each setting, but once you know what that zero is, it doesn't take long to make the change. It may be a good idea to go with a mil dot scope, so the Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24, as the 8-32x, doesn't have mil dots. This will allow you to use mil dots for your hunting and even you FT shooting (which is a fine way to shoot, many top shooters do this, as it's harder to mess up and be 'out a rotation')

That's great news about the MPR stock for that price, I once owned a left handed 10m MPR, I sold it as I was told the right handed stock would be A LOT more expensive that what you purchased yours for, good find!


Thank You, I cant wait to get it.......

The model I got is the AA S410 Extra S/L FAC, and yes it has the external power adjustment.........

I will have to play around with the gun to get the optimal settings for each application, is the transfer port adjustable? just wondering because you said it is key to proper setup.......

Im glad we don't have the "tamper-proof" things on our guns, not sure if I could bring myself to take a drill to my new S410 :shock:

I have a Leapers 6-24x50mm with mil-dots, I think this is the scope I will use for a little while, at least until I get a feel for what I actually want in a scope........If someone has a good used scope let me know though..........

-Joel.G

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
Here is a couple pictures I made up of what it should look like.........

Image





Image





Image

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:30 pm
Posts: 892
Location: thunder bay ontario
ohhhhhh sexy!! :D :D :D

can you send it shipped to my door instead of yours lol?

it'll get shipped to you eventually(maybe)

great gun man congrats! :oops:

_________________
crosman 2240 modded again .22 and .177
daisy 856(needs parts).177
crosman 760 .177 bb/pellet
crosman phantom 500 .22 modded
colt 1911 a1 .177
crosman 150 .22
beeman p17
crosman 38c .22
benji 397 .177
soon benji disco .22
too many powder burners to list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
kenneth carlson wrote:
ohhhhhh sexy!! :D :D :D

can you send it shipped to my door instead of yours lol?

it'll get shipped to you eventually(maybe)

great gun man congrats! :oops:


Thanks man........I cant wait, its shipping out tomorrow :mrgreen:

LOL yeah having it sent to you would be optimal, because when you have to pay for it yourself it makes you cry a little bit inside :lol: but as with most things; you get what you pay for, AA guns being a great example IMO........If I win the lottery I will buy everyone I know here one :lol: until then I'm on student income :( and it was quite tricky to get this gun on my income, but totally worth it :wink:

Can't wait to get out and try this thing........

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:41 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Ontario
jgoodz420 wrote:
kenneth carlson wrote:
ohhhhhh sexy!! :D :D :D

can you send it shipped to my door instead of yours lol?

it'll get shipped to you eventually(maybe)

great gun man congrats! :oops:


Thanks man........I cant wait, its shipping out tomorrow :mrgreen:

LOL yeah having it sent to you would be optimal, because when you have to pay for it yourself it makes you cry a little bit inside :lol: but as with most things; you get what you pay for, AA guns being a great example IMO........If I win the lottery I will buy everyone I know here one :lol: until then I'm on student income :( and it was quite tricky to get this gun on my income, but totally worth it :wink
Can't wait to get out and try this thing........


Please win the lottery,crosses fingers...

_________________
Currently Shooting
RWS Hammerli 850 Air magnum .177 HPA
Slavia 630 with 6X bugbuster
Beeman P17 with Tasco red dot


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
harbinger wrote:

Please win the lottery,crosses fingers...


It is one of my goals in life, so you never know........ :lol:

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 2099
Location: Southern Ontario
jgoodz420...here's a pic I took when my S400 arrived last year. The butt plate is from the EV2, and bolts right on. An excellent addition for your new stock. :wink: More adjustments than you can imagine! If I remember correctly you're a fairly tall guy, so you may find the standard MPR stock/buttplate combo a bit short. This will give you LOTS of adjustability for length. These aren't exactly cheap though :rolleyes: Just a heads up - check your MPR stock closely when it arrives. Mine was cracked right where the two pieces are joined. This is apparently an issue with some of the stocks. Air Arms replaced mine with another stock that had MUCH nicer wood, but it did take a while, and I ended up paying the additional shipping to send the cracked stock back.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
Pumpmaster wrote:
jgoodz420...here's a pic I took when my S400 arrived last year. The butt plate is from the EV2, and bolts right on. An excellent addition for your new stock. :wink: More adjustments than you can imagine! If I remember correctly you're a fairly tall guy, so you may find the standard MPR stock/buttplate combo a bit short. This will give you LOTS of adjustability for length. These aren't exactly cheap though :rolleyes: Just a heads up - check your MPR stock closely when it arrives. Mine was cracked right where the two pieces are joined. This is apparently an issue with some of the stocks. Air Arms replaced mine with another stock that had MUCH nicer wood, but it did take a while, and I ended up paying the additional shipping to send the cracked stock back.
Image


NICE :shock:
That butt-plate looks awesome on there.....
Thanks for the info I will check the stock when I get it in.....
That stock is walnut right? it looks like the S410 stock, which Im assuming is Walnut by the front rosewood tip

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 648
Location: Ontario
:lol: If you decide to play and tune and investigate what the S410 can do and just see the insides of it you may end up getting a second tank, I did, and a chrony is a must to know what she's doing. If no chrony... don't waste your time and just shoot it. It's like driving a race car without guages.

_________________
Air Arms S510 Carbine FAC .22cal
Air Arms S510 Carbine FAC .117cal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am
Posts: 4080
Location: Somewhere In Time
RC wrote:
:lol: If you decide to play and tune and investigate what the S410 can do and just see the insides of it you may end up getting a second tank, I did, and a chrony is a must to know what she's doing. If no chrony... don't waste your time and just shoot it. It's like driving a race car without guages.


Ohhh yeah for sure, Ive had a Chrony for years now......Couldn't imagine not having one :shock:

and yeah I would want to do a lot of investigation before taking apart a gun like that.......

_________________
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 am
Posts: 2099
Location: Southern Ontario
jgoodz420 wrote:
That stock is walnut right?

Yes it is. This photo is actually of the original stock. The replacement that Air Arms sent me has MUCH nicer wood on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO