Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Carbon Fibre Tank
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:28 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
I have an order going out to the manufacturer of the carbon fibre (4500psi) and aluminum (3000psi) HPA tanks later this week, and am willing to custom-order anything people want, if it's paid in advance.

As an example (and carbon fibre tanks aren't cheap):

50ci with whatever regulator you want up to 3000psi, $219.99
68ci with regulator, $229.99
90ci with regulator, $242.99

A no-slip tank base for the CF tanks (black or red) is $18.00

The aluminum tanks are alot cheaper and listed on the website: http://www.scopesandammo.com

That is great news Eric I will probably be getting one from you. BTW I'm the fellow who was missing the piece from the Crosman 2000 sight set. I got a Gehmann adjustable aperture instead and I can see why these are the next step up in those things. The problem with any aperture sight set is that the two apertures are only ideal for one barrel and breach length...and...one eye relief point. Merit also makes one for about $20 cheaper. If anyone asks you again, the sight set is definately made by El Gamo in Spain and all of the fancy schmancy Anschutz, Gehmann and Theoben enhancements DO fit that thread size.

I am expecting a set of the Walther clear acrylic front inserts (16mm) in the mail and I will let you know if these work in those sight sets as well.

I got the handle off an old Linhof Technika 4x5 press camera out of my junk box and I geared it up as a palm rest on the Crosman 2000...now I like the gun. I remember seeing a video of a guy who was the proud owner of a Feinwerkbau balancing his gun on three fingers and tickling the trigger with one finger (not supported in any other way) and there was so little recoil that the gun did not fall.....well I can do that with the Crosman...you've got to love it. Thanks Eric that was a terrific buy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:43 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

MAUSER wrote:

Glad to hear you got the sight cross-overs sorted out! The CH-2000 certainly is a decent rifle, but a bit pricey if someone has to pay full-pop. I doubt there's going to be any more overstocks on them again anytime soon, unfortunately...

http://www.scopesandammo.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
I have an order going out to the manufacturer of the carbon fibre (4500psi) and aluminum (3000psi) HPA tanks later this week, and am willing to custom-order anything people want, if it's paid in advance.

As an example (and carbon fibre tanks aren't cheap):

50ci with whatever regulator you want up to 3000psi, $219.99
68ci with regulator, $229.99
90ci with regulator, $242.99

A no-slip tank base for the CF tanks (black or red) is $18.00

The aluminum tanks are alot cheaper and listed on the website: http://www.scopesandammo.com

I see you can get these from http://www.scopesandammo.com however I cannot find it there. I would like to get the 90ci with regulator, $242.99 (4500 PSI). Can you get the hose adaptor to work with the Air Rifles that we use, like the 1/8 BSP connections or with the 1/8 female or male quick disconnect or can it work with this
30 inch tank to gun fill hose with male quick-disconnect and female quick disconnect connections?

Please let me know if this is still possible to get.

Thanks...ArkBark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:18 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

The carbon-fibre tanks are not listed on the website as they aren't kept in stock- and will be custom ordered specifically for customer requests (not exactly high-volume sales items).

The tank regulator uses an ASA (paintball) type connection on it, with a female 1/4" NPT quick disconnect (i.e. the port on most air rifles). I am not familiar with the S410 connections.

Simplest way to make this all work is the tank, an ASA adapter, a 48" hose with a proper quick disconnect on one end for the S410 and a connector to match the ASA adapter on the other. The hose/connector/adapter pieces are in stock, unless the S410 uses its own proprietary connector. These parts would be $57.00 plus the price of tank.

4500psi tanks generally need to be filled at dive shops equipped for such, but I understand some paintball places can do it as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:21 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
The carbon-fibre tanks are not listed on the website as they aren't kept in stock- and will be custom ordered specifically for customer requests (not exactly high-volume sales items).

The tank regulator uses an ASA (paintball) type connection on it, with a female 1/4" NPT quick disconnect (i.e. the port on most air rifles). I am not familiar with the S410 connections.

Simplest way to make this all work is the tank, an ASA adapter, a 48" hose with a proper quick disconnect on one end for the S410 and a connector to match the ASA adapter on the other. The hose/connector/adapter pieces are in stock, unless the S410 uses its own proprietary connector. These parts would be $57.00 plus the price of tank.

4500psi tanks generally need to be filled at dive shops equipped for such, but I understand some paintball places can do it as well.

The S410 fills up using this connector......airgunsource will make/sell them, dont know the exact price though as mine came with my gun.........

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:53 am 

AirGunEric wrote:

How many fills can I get from this size bottle for a S410 type Air Rifle? Trying to figure cost effective way and portability.

Thanks....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:55 am 
Supporting Member 2009

No idea- how big is the reservoir on an S410?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:03 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
No idea- how big is the reservoir on an S410?

I have tried to look at the Manual and there is no mention of the tube volume. I can only guess the length and the diameter. I think its about 18 or 20 inches and the diameter is about 1 1/2". It requires 200 Bar, 3000 PSI. I guess if I get a small Bottle with 4500 PSI, that can compensate the volume amount and I can get about 10 or more Full fills to 200 BAR (not from empty) when the BAR drops about 90 - 110 for my S410. I can get about 70 Shot I think. My S410 is set for 19.32 lbs and this I believe is for HFT or FT competition; 740 FPE.

Thanks.....ArkBark