Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Woody wrote:
I am really looking forward to my first Field Target match.
I have one quick question. Is this an indoor event or outdoor?

Just deciding if I need my long johns or not.

Woody

This is an indoor range....

See you there...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:20 am 

This is an indoor range with heating overhead in the shooting area. The 50 yards of the range is not heated. If you are sitting on the floor that cold air will be coming in from the range. It certainly is not short sleeve indoor shooting. I would rather be a little too warm than trying to shoot while I am shivering. Bring layers and put them on or take them off until you are comfortable.

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:58 pm 

Wow!!! if everyone turns out its going to look like the openning of the Hadasa Bazaar in the line up to be first shooter!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:27 pm 

Looks to be a great match,20 shooters is awesome...

Beeman P17 with Tasco red dot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 am 

Sounds like it'll be a good match guys! I'll be prepping for the Saint's big win while y'all are enjoying yourselves... :( Have a great shoot and good luck to all!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:00 pm 

Really enjoyed the match on Sunday ...thanks to Don and others who set the match up . Met some nice people and learned a few things. I'm looking forward to the next one !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 am 

Any results from the match? I had to run early so I didn't get to see how things stacked up at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:52 am 

Don has the results sheet and I know he is real busy at work, so it may be the weekend before he gets the results published.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:31 pm 

The PFT shoot on the 7th was a huge success for all intents & purposes; Over 20 shooters, several new shooters, and several new, & upgraded pistol varieties appeared that day to make for a very interesting, and fun match.
Thanks for bringing the "Baron" jgoodz420, it was great to compare the pumpers.

With so many people, & such wide variety of equipment in use ( B-bags, pads, seats, pistols, etc) - AND the increase in shot count for the match, - I was very happy with the comfortable flow of the event.
The new heaters WERE warmer than the old ones, everybody had a good time, and everything got finished in ample time to tally scores, award the medals, and most importantly, tidy-up. There is even room for either a few more shooters- OR targets- as far as that goes.
So kudos to ALL involved in organizing the event, & the Club, because it was GREAT to have some kind of Mid-Winter air-gun event to attend, wasn't it Y'all ?

Along with the variety of equipment, etc. there was a vast and varied variety of personal hand-holds, seated &/or creemore-ish in effect that it made for an interesting study in that alone.
I have even made some progress making modifications to my poor, frozen, sight-range to more closely simulate the angle of fire, target height, and seating arrangement we are shooting PFT in now. It has to help with accurate sighting-in.

It was really nice to see a Family come out to share the experience too.

Overall, It went like clockwork, I can only look forward to the next one.

:drinkers: Cheers! -PK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I was one of the new guys. I went just to have fun and see what a Field Target event is all about. I ended up tying for 3rd in the open sight category, had to go into a shoot out. I didn't win the shoot out so I placed 4th. Not bad for an $85 gun and my first crack at a new sport. Taking home a medal only added to the enjoyment, I would have had just as much fun had I placed dead last.

As has been mentioned in other topics on FT, it is not about who has the best rig. It is more about a bunch of people getting together to do something they love. I felt more than comfortable with my <$100 gun and feel I did quite well for a new guy. I think it is safe to say I am hooked. However, I think I will have to get over my anti-scope ways if want to participate in hunter class next season. I will stick to open sight for pistol; for now anyways, maybe add a red dot but not yet.

My only regret was not sticking around to help clean up. Next time I will be sure to not have any plans afterward.

Thanks to all who helped make this event possible. Will definitely see you all next time.

Woody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:53 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Fun it was... Thanks to everyone involved in organizing this wonderful event... 8)

I left out the pre-match routine that normally involves chucking many pellets down range the night before along with a few other details and it showed in my scores....lol
Still it was hard not to enjoy a Sunday morning shooting airguns and hanging out with a great group of like minded folks.... It was a great way to kickoff the 2010 field target season...
Hope the next match comes sooner rather then later... Cheers!.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:10 pm 

In response to Woody- Nice job for a first-timer, right on down to the ("no-pressure,") SHOOT_OFF, ... & ya had a HUNNER"D $ RIG ????
Good on ya, .... post a little more about yer gun; & welcome to the fun!

Hooked, Eh ???

It's absolutely fantastic that we are seeing more and more, "REPEAT - First-Offenders" :wink: -continue to come out & partake in the sport over the last few years. :D 8)

Welcome to the club.
Cheers, -PK